Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 15350 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #15
We are just a tad messy with the footy. Defensively we are excellent.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
A combination of terrific effort and Hawthorn either disinterested or going easy on us because they still have feelings for Bolts.

Either way, you have to be proud at half time.

We could be Richmond.

Reply #17
I'd rather barrack for Carlton than Richmond!!!

Reply #18
Krooz displaying his usual lion heart - shame about that kick for goal.
To right , frustrating miss , in such a low scoring game. Please bring back a game style where the teams actually score. Can remember games in the 70's & 80's horrible ground conditions , wind , rain etc, but they could still score? This is the retro round , go back to those days and have a look at what made the game great , this is clinical & boring to watch

Reply #20
We are just a tad messy with the footy. Defensively we are excellent.

Yep, we have a very good defence to build on. The forward zone is where we are falling down, at least today.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
To right , frustrating miss , in such a low scoring game. Please bring back a game style where the teams actually score. Can remember games in the 70's & 80's horrible ground conditions , wind , rain etc, but they could still score? This is the retro round , go back to those days and have a look at what made the game great , this is clinical & boring to watch

I think we've had this discussion before Rob - I too, have a soft spot for old school 70's, 80's style footy (apart from the thuggery), but we can't go back.

Reply #23
I know it's early days, but Silvagi plays from a completely reactionary point of view. 

Every time the ball comes near, he looks at his opponent as if he is allowing them to go first.

He needs to realise he has an equal right to be on the ground and start demanding the ball, instead of hoping it bounces his way...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #24
Showing my age ha ha , not the era I like more of a rounded game style. Look at the score board, 3 goals between 2 teams at half time? Please ? can't believe this is a game style going forward at times , not us but the game in general

Reply #25
Showing my age ha ha , not the era I like more of a rounded game style. Look at the score board, 3 goals between 2 teams at half time? Please ? can't believe this is a game style going forward at times , not us but the game at times

We're just a couple of old(ish) farts whining about the passing of the "good ol' days" - precisely the type we swore we'd never become.

Reply #26
I should add, I'm half kidding - I find this game oddly absorbing.

Reply #27
Maybe but the game has changed so much , and not sure I would find the same passion if this is what I had found initially.

Reply #28
Maybe but the game has changed so much , and not sure I would find the same passion if this is what I had found initially.

Perhaps, but if you want some free flowing, high scoring footy, you know who we need to bring back.............

Reply #29
Perhaps, but if you want some free flowing, high scoring footy, you know who we need to bring back.............
Ok I will bite???