Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68742 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #105
Garlett as sub and Menzel to be given a four quarter run. If I see him with the red vest on again I think I'll lose it! Garlett very lucky to keep his spot for his 100th game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #106
Garlett as sub and Menzel to be given a four quarter run. If I see him with the red vest on again I think I'll lose it! Garlett very lucky to keep his spot for his 100th game.

Green vest ;)

Reply #107

Green vest ;)

Yeah that too....if I see him in red early in the game that would be a very bad thing!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #108
IN: Graham, Scotland, Wood
OUT: Walker, McInnes, Kreuzer

Keys:
Marc Murphy - Dan Jackson is doubtful and will be underdone if he does play. Murphy won't have to deal with their number 1 tagger and needs to have a good game.
Chris Yarran - Needs to play off half back in Walker's spot and provide some run from there

Jamison on Riewoldt, Henderson on Vickery and Watson on Griffiths/Hampson.

With this forward setup...

HF: Thomas, Everitt, Garlett
FF:   Ellard,   Waite,   Wood

IMO

Changed my opinion on this...

OUT: McInnes, Walker
IN: Rowe, Graham

We need size down back and Graham needs game time.

Reply #109
As I have continued to say and write Warnock is a ya by,can't mark can't bend over can only tap the ball and then we do not get that great an advantage anyhow,Kruezer has to be the ruck the bolt has to play crips has to play menzal has to play and you would have to consider Holman and Grahame  we cannot keep going back to ellard McKinnes Scotland armfield and such we need to make the change and make it now give the kids ago and see what happens and as I say give them 6 or 7 games tell them they are in till then and it's up to them to grab there spot.are we the only team that did not name a new young kid in our team.If malt house was appointed to rebuild the club for the future you would never know it. We might as well have kept rats.yarran Garlett robo bell should have the riot act read to them and. Told they have got 5 or 6 games to keep themselves on the list at the end of the year.
It's time.
Like it or not at least it's my opinion

Reply #110

x2. Menzel has too much class and ability to ever be made sub we should leave that to Lucas. Hopefully Mick gets that.

Reply #111
Yes, I'm for one ruck and a b it of relief from a forward. We have two first ruck who have no idea how to play forward. Doesn't  help Kreuzer at all. Only thing is I'd want to play Casboult more CHF where he can run around, run on to the ball and use his strength, his marking, similar to  his game against the Bomber s last  year. He dominated and took 10 marks. When he's  at FF he doesn't do as well.

Reply #112

x2. Menzel has too much class and ability to ever be made sub we should leave that to Lucas. Hopefully Mick gets that.

x3. I don't understand why we pussyfoot around with Menzel. The kid obviously had talent to burn and deserves four quarters to prove it.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #113
Scum looking the goods. God forbid we drop this game and then again against the scum.
Lock it in Carrots.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #115
Hawthorn won a flag with inferior pure ruckmen but they worked it into an advantage.

Bailey was their best ruck but he was subbed off at 3 quarter time nearly every match for a midfielder to bring in more run.

Hale helped Bailey out and was probably their best contested mark up forward.

Roughead would go into the ruck in the final terms to bring even more run late in games.
Inferior than who, someone on our list?

Bailey(even as a cripple), Hale and Roughead are all a mile ahead of Rowe and Casboult.

Warnock and Kreuzer may break even in the centre circle, but as soon the ball moves out of the centre circle Bailey, Hale and Roughead all mark the ball or link up better than both our guys, actually all our guys. All three Hawthorn rucks could use their body and bulk well.

Your concept of inferior Hawthorn rucks seems to be coming from a very limited perspective! I assume by ruck you mean the centre tap, which explains your apparent perception of rucks and their value.

When I think of rucks I think of blokes who can drift across packs in D50 to take saving marks, guys who can sneak forward and mark deep in the F50. Guys who use their bulk to block defenders from tackling forwards. Players who create space around them for others. Guys who hurt the opposition physically, guys who take the front position. The tap is such a pissy component of the role ruckmen play that judging their value by it is almost a joke!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
Time to shore up our defence with Henderson, Everitt and Jamo, with support from Tuohy & Simpson AND time to back Casboult as our FF with Waite at CHF.  Watson, McInnes and McLean to have a rest.

We need to see Graham, Menzel & Casboult given a go.

Reply #117
Time to shore up our defence with Henderson, Everitt and Jamo, with support from Tuohy & Simpson AND time to back Casboult as our FF with Waite at CHF.  Watson, McInnes and McLean to have a rest.

We need to see Graham, Menzel & Casboult given a go.

I wouldn't be dropping McLean. He's always needed 3-4 games to pick up the pace and then he's right for the rest of the year. The problem we've had over the last 5 years is that a player has one bad game and is dropped for another who plays just as poorly the week after. Other teams give their players a good run at it, otherwise you destroy players' confidence and their development.

Reply #118
Rather than dropping Brock I think one of Bell or Robbo is more likely - among others.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #119
I'm almost over this club.
Nothing has changed in this place for at least 5 years.

What does Buckley have to do to get a game? The kid has pace and takes the game on. He tries to make things happen. I'd love to see him get a regular gig.

I'd also like to see Casboult in but that will only happen if one of Hendo,Waite, Warnock or Kruezer make way. We'd be too big otherwise.  For mine, Kreuzer should make way. He is too small to be a ruckman and too slow to be a fwd. What a fuuk up of the highest order has that pick been.........maybe that knee did more damage than we'll ever know but for all the hype surrounding this bloke as a junior............pfft he wouldnt be a 3rd round pick in todays market!!

Graham is another I'd like to see more.

Robbo needs to be dropped for not learning a thing in 4 years!!  It's all good to go in hard for the ball but if you dont use the bloody thing then whats the fkn point!! 40 mtr skyhigh bombs in hope are a thing of the past FFS !

It's sad that at this stage of the year, I feel so deflated about our chances this year. A win over 9thmond wont change that .........it must be a more consistant effort from the team.  I'm just not holding my breath. :-[
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!