Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68759 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #135
You guys tipping the Carlton walkover are dreaming! The tigers at least have heart, and they have a big loss to avenge. They will put everything into beating us.

The Tigers have heart?

Since when?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #136
You guys tipping the Carlton walkover are dreaming! The tigers at least have heart, and they have a big loss to avenge. They will put everything into beating us.

The Tigers have heart?

Since when?

Since they showed they can beat teams like Sydney and Hawthorn, teams that throw everything at you, teams we can't seem to get close to.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #137
Since they showed they can beat teams like Sydney and Hawthorn, teams that throw everything at you, teams we can't seem to get close to.

All clubs have bogey teams that seem to stitch them up against the odds, for years our bogey team was Melbourne.

Are we anyones bogey side?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138

All clubs have bogey teams that seem to stitch them up against the odds, for years our bogey team was Melbourne.

Are we anyones bogey side?

Richmond's obviously....which makes a loss on Thursday even more frightening.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #139

The Tigers have heart?

Since when?

Forgive me if this is wrong, but the Tigers have mental blocks against North as well, Gold Coast have their measure by a fair way.  We are not mental giants ourselves, and more often than not are pea hearted, but Richmond have about as much ticker as the Collingwood football club on grand final day in september.

We saw their apparent lack of ticker against us in 2012.  If there was ever a year that they should have put that demon to the sword it was when Mclean sealed the game with that kick that Levi misjudged and inadvertently shepherded through.

The rematch in round one of the following season, they showed a similar level of pea heartedness when they let us back in to almost pinch that game back.  I am sure that Yarran streaming into 50 gives the Tigers nightmares every time it happens.

They have groundhog day every time they play against us.  The one thing that really concerns me, is that KB isnt crowing about how they are going to win by 99 points.  Suggests they might be focussing on the task at hand for once.

Paul Hewson

Reply #140
I always said Hawthorn wouldn't win another premiership until they beat Geelong.

The tigers won't ever improve properly until they beat us easily, i have a feeling that it's coming.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #141
It will be interesting.

I reckon Hardwick is right on a knifes edge at the moment.

If we win well, then the drums will start beating. He's still my tip to be gone at years end.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #142
Not sure on injuries but Id go with:

B: Tuohy, Jamison, Waite
Hb: Simpson, Watson, Yarran
C: Thomas, Gibbs, Bell
Hf: Everitt, Kreuzer, Menzel
F: Ellard, Henderson, Garlett
Foll: Warnock, Curnow
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Buckley, Cripps, Graham, McLean
Emerg: Cachia, Casboult, Scotland

In - Buckley, Cripps, Graham
Out - Walker (susp), Robinson, McInnes

*Not sure on where Armfield, Carrazzo, Docherty, White and Judd are at fitness-wise.
**I'm giving MK another go for this week. Lead up at the ball and move about. If he cannot do this because of fitness the Casboult gets a gig.

Reply #143
Can't win with that side - too short.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #144
I always said Hawthorn wouldn't win another premiership until they beat Geelong.

The tigers won't ever improve properly until they beat us easily, i have a feeling that it's coming.

Yep.  Agree 100%.   We looked really slow last week.   If Tigers get their running game going  then i can see us copping a real belting.    

Tigers by 36 points

Reply #145
Forgive me if this is wrong, but the Tigers have mental blocks against North as well, Gold Coast have their measure by a fair way.  We are not mental giants ourselves, and more often than not are pea hearted, but Richmond have about as much ticker as the Collingwood football club on grand final day in september.

Gee, as a Carlton supporter I don't think we can throw stones at clubs that lose to GC! In any case the ways things are heading that will be normal for most clubs.

I'd feel much safer pumping our own tyres up in this regard rather than making that sort of comparison, it is just the sort of thing our club would do to prove you wrong! Lose to GC!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #146
I think Robbo will play, does well vs Richmond usually....player we will miss is Judd, he sparked us in the final and I'm not sure we can win without him.
Bell got subbed off so I reckon he will be an out....also think Scotland will play.

Cripps might have to wait another week but would expect Graham to be in the team.

Reply #147
I think Robbo will play, does well vs Richmond usually....player we will miss is Judd, he sparked us in the final and I'm not sure we can win without him.
Bell got subbed off so I reckon he will be an out....also think Scotland will play.

Cripps might have to wait another week but would expect Graham to be in the team.

Agree about Bell, he might find himself on the sidelines for a while, at least until he proves he can play accountably.

Not sure about Scotland, but if Armfield is fit he could be an in.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #148

Gee, as a Carlton supporter I don't think we can throw stones at clubs that lose to GC! In any case the ways things are heading that will be normal for most clubs.

I'd feel much safer pumping our own tyres up in this regard rather than making that sort of comparison, it is just the sort of thing our club would do to prove you wrong! Lose to GC!

Of course im not throwing stones about it.  You jumped into a discussion Carrots and I are having regarding clubs that are pea hearted.

Its a testament to just how off track we are, when I lump our good selves in with the Melbourne Football Club, North Melbourne and Richmond.  Here emerges the problem.  A few years ago, this list was a lot longer, and featured sides like Essendon, Freo, Adelaide, Brisbane.  This list is shrinking, Melbourne showed a lot more fight over the weekend than they have in the last 5 years added together with one of their more imbalanced sides on the field I might add.  The really dissapointing thing is that although that list has shrunk, we are still firmly entrenched on there in the short term, and its got more to do with blokes that dont play for each other than it does anything else.

Paul Hewson

Reply #149
Can't win with that side - too short.

Thought that to. Struggling for bigs though aren't we, good ones that is. I was looking for another tallish type but McInnes is terrible, Boots I wouldn't mind trialling again, White not sure on his body as I mentioned.

Richmond will try 3 bigs I think in their forward line and don't want McInnes playing as a 3rd tall on 200m blokes.

I'm over re-hashing the same old same olds.