Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68752 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #150
I think Robbo will play, does well vs Richmond usually....player we will miss is Judd, he sparked us in the final and I'm not sure we can win without him.
Bell got subbed off so I reckon he will be an out....also think Scotland will play.

Cripps might have to wait another week but would expect Graham to be in the team.

Just my opinion but Bell should continue to play - Graham has to play. Needs AFL game time that's for sure. Scotland seemed very underdone but hopefully is better hence he's in my squad.

We have far too many underdone players and I feel we'll be playing catchup all year and in fact may never really catchup to the highest level required.

I'm a bit over some of our blokes and just rehashing the same team, rolling out the same blokes in the same positions each week. It isn't really working.

Reply #151
Agreed Pratty but the options are very limited with our wonderful list... Maybe sticking Levi in the square is the only option we have of stretching our limited big man resources because the Tigers will play three tall forwards to stretch us and Henderson can't be everywhere.

I was McInnes biggest fan but his footy post his big knee has been totally bereft of confident and he is now making the simple stuff look very hard.  Heck, in his first few games he held down CHB and even went forward against the Pies to provide a making option across half forward.  Seriously, what has happened to this bloke?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #152
I think Robbo will play, does well vs Richmond usually....player we will miss is Judd, he sparked us in the final and I'm not sure we can win without him.
Bell got subbed off so I reckon he will be an out....also think Scotland will play.

Cripps might have to wait another week but would expect Graham to be in the team.

Just my opinion but Bell should continue to play - Graham has to play. Needs AFL game time that's for sure. Scotland seemed very underdone but hopefully is better hence he's in my squad.

We have far too many underdone players and I feel we'll be playing catchup all year and in fact may never really catchup to the highest level required.

I'm a bit over some of our blokes and just rehashing the same team, rolling out the same blokes in the same positions each week. It isn't really working.

I agree on Bell but the fact he was subbed out just had me thinking Mick wasnt overly happy with him..
Also agree on rehashing the team, Id' rather see players like Casboult and Rowe play in the KP Forward spots and have a more traditional structure, something we have never had for while, if they cant cut it then we dont have any reservations about cutting them at seasons end..

Reply #153
Agreed Pratty but the options are very limited with our wonderful list... Maybe sticking Levi in the square is the only option we have of stretching our limited big man resources because the Tigers will play three tall forwards to stretch us and Henderson can't be everywhere.

I was McInnes biggest fan but his footy post his big knee has been totally bereft of confident and he is now making the simple stuff look very hard.  Heck, in his first few games he held down CHB and even went forward against the Pies to provide a making option across half forward.  Seriously, what has happened to this bloke?

Coach has failed to instill confidence?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #154
Oops, wrong thread!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #155

I agree on Bell but the fact he was subbed out just had me thinking Mick wasnt overly happy with him..
Also agree on rehashing the team, Id' rather see players like Casboult and Rowe play in the KP Forward spots and have a more traditional structure, something we have never had for while, if they cant cut it then we dont have any reservations about cutting them at seasons end..

I am not so sure about Bell playing. If as a young player you burn too many bridges with your teammates you can pretty quickly and irrevocably find yourself on the outer, and Bell is potentially way too good of a player to let that happen. The best place to learn some self-sacrifice and humility is in the 2s!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #156
Juddy is so close, could he be the sub this week, bring him on half way through the  third quarter and let him go for it. ( I know you run the risk that he might be used in the first five minutes!)

Reply #157
Juddy is so close, could he be the sub this week, bring him on half way through the  third quarter and let him go for it. ( I know you run the risk that he might be used in the first fire minutes!)

Can't see MM doing that based on his frequent "We must get less dependent on Judd" statements. I think he'll wait until Juddy is absolutely 100% before bringing him in.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #158
We'd be better served by getting a full game into either Menzel, Cripps, Graham or Buckley than risking Judd.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #159
We'd be better served by getting a full game into either Menzel, Cripps, Graham or Buckley than risking Judd.

Yep!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #160

If the coach had no confidence he wouldn't have been listed

Reply #161

Agree, the only tool MM could employ with McInnes was confidence yet it would appear that the disruption to his development through injury has had a greater impact that is rapidly reaching crisis point.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #162

Huh? You sure you read my post correctly?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #163
Do we have a media blackout? Probably not a bad thing.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #164
Do we have a media blackout? Probably not a bad thing.

Kouta's quotes, or misquotes, are doing enough damage for everybody!

Maybe I am wrong, but I have never generally found it beneficial to imply my opposition is chicken just before I play them!

Perhaps Kouta is not so happy about Ratt's demise either, that could explain it!
The Force Awakens!