Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood  (Read 16319 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round 3 NBs vs Collingwood

Reply #31
Collingwood Magpies
11.10 (76)   

Northern Blues
11.14 (80)

but Diacos takes a mark 7 metres out - AND misses!

Over 30 mins now.

Reply #32
We win by 3pts!

Reply #33
Final scores:
Collingwood Magpies
11.11 (77)   

Northern Blues
11.14 (80)

GOALS:
Kerr 3, Anderson, Fisher, Blakey, Fasolo, Lobbe, Palmer, Owies.
Disposals:
Kennedy 22, Wilson 20, Stocker 19.

Great win Blues!

Reply #34
Kennedy was crunched in a tackle during that last quarter, hope he is okay.

Kerr continues to be a presence, if not for Harry he might get a run.

Reply #35
Final scores:
Collingwood Magpies
11.11 (77)   

Northern Blues
11.14 (80)

GOALS:
Kerr 3, Anderson, Fisher, Blakey, Fasolo, Lobbe, Palmer, Owies.
Disposals:
Kennedy 22, Wilson 20, Stocker 19.

Great win Blues!

Woo Hoo. Well done lads. Some names getting among the goals and disposals.

Reply #36
Like to see Kerr in the seniors at some stage, offers us a more physical player and I think he could make if given opportunities.

Reply #37
You Beauties! Car'n the Blues!
DISPOSALS: Kennedy 22, Wilson 20, Stocker 19, Anderson 18, Fisher 18, Goddard 16, Macreadie 13, Williamson 13.
None outstanding, but a solid contribution from a lot of players. Very happy to see the last three names!

COLLINGWOOD VFL      2.2       5.4        8.9             11.11 (77)
NORTHERN BLUES         1.3        4.9        7.10          11.14 (80)
GOALS
Northern Blues: Kerr 3, Palmer 2, Anderson, Blakey, Fasolo, Fisher, Lobbe, Owies
BESTS
Northern Blues: Goddard, Anderson, Wilson, Macreadie, Williamson, Hill

Disappointed to see neither of the rucks named in the best. I was hoping they could grab the game by the teeth.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #38
Congratulations (again) to the NB's
What a wonderful achievement to finish on top of the Pies.
If I recall correctly they took us to the cleaners last year (?? 20+ goals against).

Great to see our young bookends in Willo, McReadie, Goddard, and Kerr amongst the best/goals.
Also excited for Owies getting a major. Was that his 1st?
Was he playing up fwd?

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #39
Like to see Kerr in the seniors at some stage, offers us a more physical player and I think he could make if given opportunities.

Poor bugger will have to wait for an injury unfortunately unless we decide to make Charlie a bonafide midfielder full time, which I don't see happening.

Reply #40
Poor bugger will have to wait for an injury unfortunately unless we decide to make Charlie a bonafide midfielder full time, which I don't see happening.

Not a terrible idea. Given Charlie's playing like a busted a55 why not give him a week on the wing.

Reply #41
Kerr may not have the panache of Harry and Charlie but he is a footballer’s footballer and has that instinctive ability to get to where the ball is heading.  I think he would be a good counterpoint to our more flamboyant but less effective key forwards.

Two close wins from two games and some promising performances from “depth” players and blokes returning from injury.  What’s not to like about that?

A hard working, competitive VFL team is what success is built on  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
Kerr may not have the panache of Harry and Charlie but he is a footballer’s footballer and has that instinctive ability to get to where the ball is heading.  I think he would be a good counterpoint to our more flamboyant but less effective key forwards.

Two close wins from two games and some promising performances from “depth” players and blokes returning from injury.  What’s not to like about that?

A hard working, competitive VFL team is what success is built on  :)

Agree....Kerr reminds me of a taller Josh Caddy, not a lot of style but lots of presence,as Jim said though very hard to play them all and he will remain backup only
until we get injuries or the coaches box want a different approach, still keen to see him tried down back.

Reply #43
Agree....Kerr reminds me of a taller Josh Caddy, not a lot of style but lots of presence,as Jim said though very hard to play them all and he will remain backup only
until we get injuries or the coaches box want a different approach, still keen to see him tried down back.

You can like him all you want. But is simply isn't good enough (at this stage) to push anyone, forward or back, out of the side.
It's a good problem to have, and a foreign one to us this century.

Reply #44
You can like him all you want. But is simply isn't good enough (at this stage) to push anyone, forward or back, out of the side.
It's a good problem to have, and a foreign one to us this century.

Sorry for having an opinion you dont agree with, if you read what I said he will remain backup only.....