Reply #225
Thank God they've picked Starc.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: Ashes 2019

Reply #226
... and dropped Khawaja.  Far too many chances

Reply #229
His 61 from from a total of 179 keeps him in this time.

Oh, I see that - just and admittedly I an no Warner fan.

They have all been terrible really, Smith aside.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #230
Oh, I see that - just and admittedly I an no Warner fan.

They have all been terrible really, Smith aside.

Warner could have been out 20 times in that innings.
Admittedly, it was pretty tough batting, the ball was doing plenty, which, oddly, is probably what saved him.

Other than Smith, Labuschagne is the other to do very well.

They really should have had Carey in the squad

Reply #231
Warner could have been out 20 times in that innings.
Admittedly, it was pretty tough batting, the ball was doing plenty, which, oddly, is probably what saved him.

Other than Smith, Labuschagne is the other to do very well.

They really should have had Carey in the squad

Yes my bad, Lab.... has done very well indeed. And shown up all those vastly more experienced types - which shows it is an application issue ps I also note Siddle's average....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #232
Wonder if Langer will have the stones to drop Warner.... should never have been on this tour, his record in England is crap and getting worse.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #233
Warner is the first top-six batsman to be out in single figures six times in a series since  ...

Virat Kohli v England, 2014

(Stolen from CricInfo)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #234
Wonder if Langer will have the stones to drop Warner.... should never have been on this tour, his record in England is crap and getting worse.

Should have gone before Khawaja quite frankly.

How many balls did he last today? Two?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #235
Harris is just as bad... another Warner clone - mashes it through the line but clueless if the ball deviates a millimetre.

I agree with you on one thing Fly, I'm not a Khawaja fan but I'd have played that crab before Warner and/or Harris.  Too many flighty left handers in this side.

Pity the selectors burned Renshaw, at least he looked like an opener unlike these pretenders.

Reply #236

Warner's looking lost against Broad. Doesn't know whether to play or leave. His 61 last Test saved him and the only way he'll play the next Test is if he has a good 2nd innings. Right now prefer a Khawaja 20 than a Warner duck.

To be fair he Warner did average 46 with 5 half centuries on the last tour to England but he is right out of form now.

Reply #237
Warner's looking lost against Broad. Doesn't know whether to play or leave. His 61 last Test saved him and the only way he'll play the next Test is if he has a good 2nd innings. Right now prefer a Khawaja 20 than a Warner duck.

To be fair he Warner did average 46 with 5 half centuries on the last tour to England but he is right out of form now.

To be fair he has never made a hundred in England either.
He never looked “in” on that last tour because his technique doesn’t stack up on moving decks.
That’s why he’s shot now, doesn’t have any plan against the moving ball.

Reply #238
To be fair he has never made a hundred in England either.
He never looked “in” on that last tour because his technique doesn’t stack up on moving decks.
That’s why he’s shot now, doesn’t have any plan against the moving ball.

He might as well just go the slog. He can't even do that presently.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #239
Yep, quintessential flat track bully.  Has always relied upon brute force over technique and can't adjust if the ball seams and swings.  Problem now is that we can't drop him, because there are no replacements on the horizon.

What's the saying "swing if it swings, bat if it's flat"  ?  Warner may as well to get a few away because he's a sitting duck anchored to the crease with heavy feet.