Skip to main content
Topic: Ashes 2019 (Read 57049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ashes 2019

Reply #270
And I agree with most of all of the above, it remains a fact that Starc's best is still easily world best.

No reason you can't carry his bad stuff with Cummins and Hazelwood (the new McGrath) as the other quicks.

If you're suggesting that Siddle or Pattinson are better options you're smoking some bad weed....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #271
Starcs best is great.  When are we going to see it?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #273
my bad, 2 days!!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #274
Starc's on fire today. Two Starc's.....good Starc and bad Starc. Yesterday bad Starc, today good Starc.

Reply #275
Thanks and Goodbye David.

Reply #276
not entirely sure it works that way but hear the man can be troublesome in the camp. Hate to say it but he may well provide the second or third most runs this summer, as usual. Critics may wish to ponder how we go about winning at home. I'd not have him or Khawaja in the squad without a year in county cricket, AShes or otherwise, when we go on tour. Personally can't wait for more new generation. Was a Khawaja fan earlier but been disillusioned the past few years

Reply #277
Looking at our second innings, we are going to lose this test. What a batting collapse by us.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #278
Broad is a quality bowler and Archer appears to have pulled the finger out after the press highlighted his lack of rapport with his captain.
Its all down to Smith again...whats new?

Reply #279
Broad is a quality bowler and Archer appears to have pulled the finger out after the press highlighted his lack of rapport with his captain.
Its all down to Smith again...whats new?

Needs to have huge shoulders like Judd had for our football club. Must be difficult carrying an entire side, game after game, after game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #280
How Erasmus couldn't give Leach out to a GLARING and obvious LBW (thereby inviting the follow on) was a VERY poor decision. 

But 365 with 2 down?  England will not get that

Reply #281
How Erasmus couldn't give Leach out to a GLARING and obvious LBW (thereby inviting the follow on) was a VERY poor decision. 

But 365 with 2 down?  England will not get that

Then he's quick to fire out our blokes when Broad bowls around the wicket.

Reply #282
Umpiring has been worse than our batting,  and that's saying something.

Reply #283

Reminds me of a proverb, ........... all that glitters isn't gold!

The ACB in it's guise as a neptoistic bunch of NSWelshmen were smitten with this bloke. What I find really shocking is that it took so long for international opposition bowlers to work him and various other cross bat hacks out! I suppose that says something about the drop in the quality of test cricket under the influence of the shorter forms!

FFS, I can't wait until Carey gets a run at starting a serious Test career!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #284
Then he's quick to fire out our blokes when Broad bowls around the wicket.

Warner is shot mentally against Broad, Erasmus and crew have been quick but the problem is its also been easy as
Warner, Harris etc have been back on the stumps and squared up.
Time for another right hander like Joe Burns to open, cant understand how Bancroft actually got picked to tour, worst technique
of any opener I have seen for ages.