Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Discussion Round 15 Carlton vs GWS at Metricon. (Read 9743 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Discussion Round 15 Carlton vs GWS at Metricon.

Reply #90
If Polson plays on Greene then we have given it away and are tanking...😉
What if Polson plays on him and keeps him quiet?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #91
Then he will be lauded accordingly.

It's like MacGovern.   Kick a bag, or just give 100% for the whole game,  that's what we want.

As supporters we seriously want ALL players on the list to achieve their best,  but after 20 years our patience and tolerance of anything less than stellar performances is pretty thin.   We're a very critical bunch.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #92
''As supporters we seriously want ALL players on the list to achieve their best,  but after 20 years our patience and tolerance of anything less than stellar performances is pretty thin.   We're a very critical bunch."

Apart from spanner. :D  :D

Reply #93
Then he will be lauded accordingly.

It's like MacGovern.   Kick a bag, or just give 100% for the whole game,  that's what we want.

As supporters we seriously want ALL players on the list to achieve their best,  but after 20 years our patience and tolerance of anything less than stellar performances is pretty thin.   We're a very critical bunch.
I reckon the next 4 games will go a long way to either arresting our fears and instilling some form of confidence or validating them and continue the patience testing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #94
Polson on Daniels, SPS on Greene

Reply #95
GWS.  have gone very tall, Casboult may need to spend some time down back.

Reply #96
GWS.  have gone very tall, Casboult may need to spend some time down back.
When you watch our earlier games, and you see what tall opponents get away with standing Weitering you can understand why, it would have been prudent to make some public comments before this game about the way Weitering being mistreated by opponents and umpiring, but it's probably too late today for this game!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #97
Agree... I think TDK can consider himself unlucky and Brackets can consider himself lucky that he comes straight in to replace a kid with promise - you'd better deliver McGovern.

I think, with such a short time between games, that Pittonett was always playing tonight and TDK against the Swans Tuesday.

Reply #98
I think, with such a short time between games, that Pittonett was always playing tonight and TDK against the Swans Tuesday.

Makes sense.
Give the 'workers' a good break between games.
Casboult can pick up the ruck slack.

Reply #99
McGovern can 2nd ruck as well, he's done it before at the Crows and very effectively.

McGovern has a great vertical leap and crazy long arms that make him play far taller than most fans given him credit for!

I'd much rather Pittonet, Casboult and McGovern share ruck duties than ruck McKay who is almost useless in the ruck and likely to get snapped in two!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #100
Agreed LP....McKay gets pushed aside too easily in the ruck contests. If he's going to be the big key forward then that's where he needs to be....and work on his goal kicking too!

Reply #101
Agreed LP....McKay gets pushed aside too easily in the ruck contests. If he's going to be the big key forward then that's where he needs to be....and work on his goal kicking too!
I would just prefer H learns to nail his kicking for goal for now, worry about other strings to his bow later. One job.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #102
McGovern can 2nd ruck as well, he's done it before at the Crows and very effectively.

McGovern has a great vertical leap and crazy long arms that make him play far taller than most fans given him credit for!

I'd much rather Pittonet, Casboult and McGovern share ruck duties than ruck McKay who is almost useless in the ruck and likely to get snapped in two!
McGovern might need those long arms if he plays down back tonight, he would will be undersized vs all the GWS tall forwards.
Agree on Harry in the ruck...less idea than Callum Moore which isnt saying much.
Mummy in his 200th will be out to mutilate a few bodies, hope Harry stays well away from him and sticks to nailing us some goals.

Reply #103
McGovern might need those long arms if he plays down back tonight, he would will be undersized vs all the GWS tall forwards.
Like I said, crazy long arms and plays taller than he is credited for, too many write him off as being undersized for a KPP because he is only about 192cm.

Josh Kennedy is only 194cm, Jack Darling 191cm and McGovern's stats are virtually equal to Darling for this season, yet Darling gets pumped up and McGovern gets slighted.

FMD, if we put McGovern up for trade Wet Toast will be wetting themselves to get hold of him as a replacement for Kennedy who is now going on 34!

I feel there is a lot of unjustified anti-McGovern sentiment that is more resentment about his money deal, but that is caused by our club not McGovern's fault. Have a look at Martin by comparison, on as much if not more, and has been average now for quite a few games, but has escaped scrutiny because of a reasonable run of startup games. McGovern hasn't played consistently, which has made him a target, but he has probably had as many good minutes as Martin.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
LP....I think we'd want to be absolutely certain Charlie Curnow can get back before looking at a McGovern trade. Different players I know but lose them both and we're down to Harry and Levi and not much else in terms of a key forward unless TDK is groomed to play as a forward and second string ruckman...his athleticism would be wasted purely as a forward I think.