Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Season Hit Out vs Geelong (Read 3342 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre Season Hit Out vs Geelong

Missing:
Williams, Kennedy, Walsh, Durdin x 2, Martin, Marchbank, Weitering, Pittonett, Owies, Murkov.

AFL squad: 2. Lachie Cowan, 3. Jesse Motlop, 4. Ollie Hollands, 5. Adam Cerra, 8. Lachie Fogarty, 9. Patrick Cripps, 10. Harry McKay, 11. Mitch McGovern, 12. Tom De Koning, 13. Blake Acres, 14. Orazio Fantasia, 15. Sam Docherty, 16. Jack Carroll, 17. Brodie Kemp, 20. Elijah Hollands, 24. Nic Newman, 28. David Cuningham, 29. George Hewett, 30. Charlie Curnow, 31. Harry Lemmey, 33. Lewis Young, 37. Jordan Boyd, 39. Alex Cincotta, 42. Adam Saad, 43. Ashton Moir, 46. Matthew Cottrell

Re: Pre Season Hit Out vs Geelong

Reply #1
Nice blend of established players, newbies and depth, and a good opportunity for blokes in the latter categories to step up.

It's interesting that we're going with one ruckman, unless De Koning and Lemmey are going to alternate between ruck and key forward roles.

I'm looking forward to seeing Elijah Hollands, Moir, Jack Carroll, Fantasia and Lemmey in action.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
Can Elijah Hollands play in the pre-season games? Is it only AFL games he cannot play?

Reply #5
Not long to go now 😃
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Important we keep in perspective and don't do the "sky is falling" frenzy that often happens after these practice games if there is a less than stellar performance. ;)

It's a time to catch a glimpse of the newbies and see the development and progress in the younger players.

Reply #7
I must admit, without wanting jinx anyone, I'm not a big fan of these late summer midday hit outs, they seem to have become a thing lately.

To me playing in the heat introduces a heap of injury risk with minimal benefit. Skills and confidence suffer because the pill becomes like teflon, soft tissue injuries are rife because players get dehydrated too easily. Days like this can carry increased risk of shortening careers.

I get that the fitness staff love the aerobic challenge the hot conditions bring, after all they ship players off to Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Arizona just to deliberately expose them to challenging aerobic conditions, but there are plenty of ways to get that without the damage.

The weird part of this is that Voss did the bulk of similar training when he was a player in the early morning or evening.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Important we keep in perspective and don't do the "sky is falling" frenzy that often happens after these practice games if there is a less than stellar performance. ;)

It's a time to catch a glimpse of the newbies and see the development and progress in the younger players.

Yes Lods, the result is irrelevant … unless we flog them 😇

Reply #9
Yes Lods, the result is irrelevant … unless we flog them 😇

That's a different story. :P  ;)
If we go "super well" it's a promise of things to come. :D  :))

Reply #10
Is it on Foxtel??

Just saw it is...........

Reply #11
Foxtel and Kayo

Harry looks a bit thinner, but nice and accurate early on ;)

Reply #12
Spoke too soon  ::)

Reply #13
The commentary on Kayo seems to be a bit ahead of the vision.
(It would be nice if there actually was a commentary instead of a casual chat.)

13 apiece early on.

Reply #14
The commentary on Kayo seems to be a bit ahead of the vision.
(It would be nice if there actually was a commentary instead of a casual chat.)

13 apiece early on.

Jess Webster is a very good play by play caller but she's stuck with Ed Curnow as her wing person, so I suppose she she needs to bring him into the conversation somehow.