Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Season Hit Out vs Geelong (Read 3334 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Season Hit Out vs Geelong

Reply #90
Harry's copped a bit of flack regarding his goalkicking in recent times...
But Charlie is a bit off the boil too.

His last 8 games  have produced...
1,2,5,3,1,1,1 and just 1 in the Geelong practice game.

We know he's just as likely to come out and kick a bag at any stage, but it would be good to see him amongst the goals in the next outing.

This issue with Charlie isn't that he is missing from 15m out though.
He is more likely to kick goals from 55m out as Harry is from 15m.

Reply #91
I know its frustrating especially in a final but i would never treat any player like that. The bloke is has mental demons and that sort of added negative noise is just making it harder for him.  Stay quiet when he misses and clap and support like mad when he nails one.
I've said it before, and I hate to admit it, but that is where the Filth fans have it all over the Bluebagger fans.

The Filth crowd jump all over any of their supporters who sledge their own too vigorously, primarily they are ultra supportive.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
This issue with Charlie isn't that he is missing from 15m out though.
He is more likely to kick goals from 55m out as Harry is from 15m.

The point is in the last 8 games he's played (apart from one lot of five) he's not kicking many at all.
We know he'll probably turn that around once the season starts,  but there's been very little heat for him so far.
And under the pressure of finals he didn't really shine...so that's a job for the future.