Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 14; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 25332 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 14; Pre Game Preparations: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #75
If Murphy is on the park, Carlton are a better team.
We do not want to be missing another senior player next year, however I’m presuming Simpson and Thomas will go.

This is true.

However I think Simpson and Thomas are way more chance to continue than Murphy is at this stage.

The main thing they have over Murphy is the ability to get on the park and that is saying something particularly as Thomas is the broken man, and Simpson is a 300 game player in his umpteenth year of footy.  He might be spraying it a little bit, but he is as relevant and good today as he has been in the past and isnt the lone ranger with his ability to hit targets.

I believe all 3 can and should play on next year.  I'm all for going younger, but I think the club needs to start setting some standards regarding acceptibility and you cut proffesional players who are competitive at this level to give guys who arent as committed to their careers at your own peril IMHO.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #76
Quote from: townsendcalling link=topic=4045.msg238329#msg238329 date=1529381602 More grunt in the middle field, more pace in the forward line......get creative. [/quote

Creative ??  Huh what's that ?  Are Coaches allowed to do that ? 
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #77
Two guys I'd like to see have a run later in the year are De Konning and Schmacher. They are looking two very nice pick ups, as least on exposed VFL form. Just a run later in the year to get the feel of what is required at AFL level and carry that into the pre-season. De Konning seems to have most things, just needs more size.

Reply #78
Murphy's 2017 was equal of any in his career, better than any other year listed on that graph, but the graph does not reflect that because of the way the figures are calculated! ;)

Coaches votes him best player in the league in 2011, 2nd was reigning brownlow medalist Chris Judd.

Fair to say that was his best year ever....and by some fair distance.

Reply #79
Coaches votes him best player in the league in 2011, 2nd was reigning brownlow medalist Chris Judd.

Fair to say that was his best year ever....and by some fair distance.

I was talking statistically, and the graph only goes back to 2014.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
I have been very tolerant of this young side and BB. But if I see anything less than a feral, 4 quarter effort from the 22 wearing the navy blue jumper this week, "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger".

"I'll spew"

Plough
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #81
Outs - Kerridge (injured)

Ins - Polson, Garlett, Mullet (groan), Phillips and Kennedy!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #82
CARLTON'S EXTENDED SQUAD
Backs 20. Lachie Plowman 14. Liam Jones 6. Kade Simpson
Half-backs 18. Aaron Mullett 23. Jacob Weitering 39. Dale Thomas
Centreline 4. Lochie O'Brien 9. Patrick Cripps (C) 25. Zac Fisher
Half-forwards 13. Jed Lamb 30. Charlie Curnow 35. Ed Curnow
Forwards 29. Cameron Polson 46. Matthew Wright 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
Followers 8. Matthew Kreuzer 1. Jack Silvagni 2. Paddy Dow
Extended interchange 16. Darcy Lang 41. Levi Casboult 32. Nick Graham
36. Pat Kerr 17. Sam Rowe 21. Jarrod Garlett
34. Andrew Phillips 7. Matthew Kennedy

In: Polson, Mullett, Kennedy, Garlett, Phillips

Out: Kerridge (groin)

Reply #83
I'm thinking we might be going smaller this week.

From the bench 3 smaller types, Lang, Garlett and Kennedy, plus one of Casboult or Kerr I reckon will be picked. Casboult might still be getting fitness, so may or may not play NB's, and Kerr has been ok in the 3 games for a 19yo kid.

Reply #84
I'm thinking we might be going smaller this week.

From the bench 3 smaller types, Lang, Garlett and Kennedy, plus one of Casboult or Kerr I reckon will be picked. Casboult might still be getting fitness, so may or may not play NB's, and Kerr has been ok in the 3 games for a 19yo kid.

Reckon Kerr might pay for the Kruezer pass.....Grundy smashed us last time we played them, reckon Philips might play too.
Think you are right on the smalls...Collingwood has one of the best and deepest midfields going around, we just couldnt contain all of them especially Sidebottom who carved up Ed like a Sunday roast.
Lang and Kennedy need to deliver this week and give Cripps support......

Reply #85
CARLTON
B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Kade Simpson
HB: Aaron Mullett, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas
C: Lochie O'Brien, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
HF: Jed Lamb, Charlie Curnow, Ed Curnow
F: Cameron Polson, Matthew Wright, Sam Petrevski-Seton
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Jack Silvagni, Paddy Dow
Int: Darcy Lang, Levi Casboult, Nick Graham, Pat Kerr, Sam Rowe, Jarrod Garlett, Andrew Phillips, Matthew Kennedy (Four to be omitted)

IN: Aaron Mullett, Cameron Polson, Jarrod Garlett, Andrew Phillips, Matthew Kennedy

OUT: Sam Kerridge (Injured)

COLLINGWOOD
B: Brayden Maynard, Lynden Dunn, Jack Crisp
HB: Jeremy Howe, Matthew Scharenberg, Tom Langdon
C: Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips
HF: Jordan De Goey, Brody Mihocek, Will Hoskin-Elliott
F: Josh Thomas, Mason Cox, Jaidyn Stephenson
R: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Adam Treloar
Int: Flynn Appleby, Callum Brown, Ben Crocker, Josh Daicos, Levi Greenwood, Chris Mayne, Adam Oxley, Brayden Sier (Four to be omitted)

IN: Flynn Appleby, Callum Brown, Ben Crocker, Adam Oxley, Brayden Sier
OUT: Daniel Wells (Injured)

Last time Grundy hurt us even though Kreuzer did quite well around the ground. We really need a 2nd ruck option. Where we get it or not, is another question.
It is likely that a tall forward might miss out, Casboult did nothing last week, but will be better for the run. Kerr needs to find his confidence in his kicking again. And all it is, is confidence. He'll be fine when he believes!
Last time we also didn't respect Sidebottom enough: we need to squash him. It doesn't look likely, but we must.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #86
I'm surprised that Mullet is named in the 18.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #87
Reckon Kerr might pay for the Kruezer pass.....Grundy smashed us last time we played them, reckon Philips might play too.
Think you are right on the smalls...Collingwood has one of the best and deepest midfields going around, we just couldnt contain all of them especially Sidebottom who carved up Ed like a Sunday roast.
Lang and Kennedy need to deliver this week and give Cripps support......

Kreuzer had a good night last time against Collingwood. Possessions pretty even, Kreuzer got 23, similar marks, hitouts overall the same, we won the clearances, and Kreuzer kicked a goal. Don't need Phillips.

Reply #88
Phillips Casboult Kreuzer and Kerr in the same team makes me think that Kreuzer is under an injury cloud.

Reply #89
After last week's utterly putrid effort Lamb surely can't get another gig?!?

We need to go smaller this week, horses for courses selections.

Kerridge....injured or dropped,  don't care,  was putrid and had to pony up for that performance.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?