Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111801 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #135
What cup are we playing for? Is it still the Kreuzer Cup?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #136
What's going on with Brock McLean?

He can't even get a touch in the seconds and looks skinny and weak.

Even removed his Twitter account. :o

Brock might behind the eight ball with Cripps, Graham etc getting close to a senior game.....some big calls need to be made on players and Brock is one of those IMO.

Reply #137
What's going on with Brock McLean?

He can't even get a touch in the seconds and looks skinny and weak.

Even removed his Twitter account. :o

Maybe some blokes just do not respond to screaming lunatics!

I have been wondering for some time that there may be more going on behind the scenes, since the Duigan issue surfaced. I thought it was very odd the way the club dealt with this and the reports and reasons seemed if nothing else just a bit patchy. Then again most of what we do is patchy!

But it smells of players being disgruntled rather than a list management or injury issue. The sort of reasoning you get around a football clubs when blokes are pissed-off is exactly like the reports we got about Duigan when players feel there is some bias going around and blokes are not getting rewarded for efforts.

Add to that Betts wanting to leave, Hampson being surprised at being traded and Cordy's departure things just don't seem right. The situation lacks cohesion, but I cannot put my finger on the cause, there is too much obfuscation going on.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138
I see it for what it is.

Our playing list is a little nice and sensitive, and probably are not used to being criticised in any way shape or form.  As we know, different criticism can work for different players.

Some respond to a grilling.
Some need positive reinforcement.
Some need a little bit either way.
Some just dont care (you better be a bloody good player if you fit into this category).

Some take any sort of criticism the wrong way.  They dont see it as positive they see it as negative.  They go into their shells and then fail to respond and just sit there and cop it meekly...

Wait, what was that last bit again???  81 points...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #140
Melbourne are setting themselves for this game...
They know we re low on confidence and they can take a scalp if they play to their potential.
Lowly clubs always do this against us because we re mentally weak.
The Saints and the Dogs did it to us last year....
Port and Gold Coast the year before....
Wont be surprised to see us stuff this one up.....

Reply #141
We wont stuff this up.  We'll belt these morons into next week.

Then the Doggies will pull our pants down because we get ahead of ourselves at the first sign of positivity.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #142
We wont stuff this up.  We'll belt these morons into next week.

Then the Doggies will pull our pants down because we get ahead of ourselves at the first sign of positivity.

So we get ahead of ourselves or we're not good enough? Which one is it?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #143
Had the 'Go Deez' played us last Sunday night then they would have been a real show.

We should give a much better account of ourselves this Saturday. Our only danger is if the 'Go Deez' get a few early ones and bring all our obvious self doubts to the fore.

The Dishlickers will help us to see if we've adequately addressed our softness.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #144
interesting to see who goes to dawes
and if watts starts forward

Reply #145
Selection tomorrow will be especially intriguing. On the one hand you want to gives blokes the chance to redeem themselves but also we must make changes.

Bell and Robbo must be looking down the barrel. And surely you'd give Meat a gig over 206. Cripps and Graham should be the ins.

Reply #146
Selection tomorrow will be especially intriguing. On the one hand you want to gives blokes the chance to redeem themselves but also we must make changes.

Bell and Robbo must be looking down the barrel. And surely you'd give Meat a gig over 206. Cripps and Graham should be the ins.

Cripps especially - I don't care what macca "thinks"
what macca should understand is when a kid plays his debut
he plays out of his skin and wants to play the week after
NEVER underestimate this.
This administration must never reward mediocre effort

Reply #147

100% agree... but we don't want to do to this kid what we've done to Kreuz, smashed his body around before he was ready. The Messiah stuff again. Hard to be patient though.

Believe me, TNT Blue (like that!!??), what I saw him (Cripps) do on SUnday arvo and how he did it was just bloody heart warming.

Reply #148

100% agree... but we don't want to do to this kid what we've done to Kreuz, smashed his body around before he was ready. The Messiah stuff again. Hard to be patient though.

Believe me, TNT Blue (like that!!??), what I saw him (Cripps) do on SUnday arvo and how he did it was just bloody heart warming.

seen bucklys body? now look away...look at cripps body
yeah, me like :)

Reply #149

seen bucklys body? now look away...look at cripps body
yeah, me like :)

;D ;D ;D I hear you!!  :) What I was thinking about but failed to make clear was that his tank is not up to it yet so we don't want to exhaust him. Yep, that body is going to delivery hurt to opponents in the year's to come.

Glad you like... who's the man? TNT Blue.  ;)