Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #6: Northern Blues vs Essendon (Read 27074 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #6: Northern Blues vs Essendon

Reply #45
Any idea what part of his game they don't rate? They must think he is a terrible footballer if players like Watson and Bootsma get more than 11 games to prove themselves.

Obviously I don't know the whole story but I don't like the sound of it, especially if he's contracted for another year.

Look, as I say it's just second-hand and I always take these stories with a grain of salt but his speed and foot skills were the two reasons given. Also as far as I'm aware it was only one individual in particular who leveled the criticism.
Pretty depressing I would imagine for the kid.

Reply #46
Sorry mate, I forgot Mick is without blame in any of this to you. The man is perfection, not a flaw in his methods. I feel sorry for you too.
No thats not what I said, he is far from perfection like all of us mere mortals. The blame doesnt lie with one man, it lies with many in the organisation. RE NG non selection, there is a match committee that picks a side, not just the coach.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
No thats not what I said, he is far from perfection like all of us mere mortals. The blame doesnt lie with one man, it lies with many in the organisation. RE NG non selection, there is a match committee that picks a side, not just the coach.

Just like the board receives feedback from a CEO and makes it's own choice, same with assistant coaches and the head coach. If you think Mick is being fair with NG well then I give up.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #48
Firstly if you take it as an insult, I apologise if I was out of line. I never said you were clueless or naive, you are far from it. It just seems that you some of your arguments re the coach to me, dont, "add up". I refuse believe/accept the notion a coach wont play a guy because he "doesnt like him". Its too professional (even at our club) and if it occurred, the coach would be out on his arse straight away. Perhaps it is me thats naive but thats just what I reckon.

Okay let me put this to you. Has Mick being acting professionally or rationally in his time at the club? I say no.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
Just like the board receives feedback from a CEO and makes it's own choice, same with assistant coaches and the head coach. If you think Mick is being fair with NG well then I give up.
So your saying to me that the process at Carlton is:
1 MC meets and decides who plays and who doesn't that week
2 Mick screws up the agreed team sheet and writes his own one
3 Submits own version of teamsheet
Is this what your telling me Carrots? That Mick rejects what the MC says and picks his own side?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #50
So your saying to me that the process at Carlton is:
1 MC meets and decides who plays and who doesn't that week
2 Mick screws up the agreed team sheet and writes his own one
3 Submits own version of teamsheet
Is this what your telling me Carrots? That Mick rejects what the MC says and picks his own side?

I'm saying that Mick has the final say yes. Input is welcome (I hope) but in the end Mick has the final say. I have no doubt he has surrounded himself with his yes men for this very reason, what he has at our club is in effect an autocracy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
Okay let me put this to you. Has Mick being acting professionally or rationally in his time at the club? I say no.
99% of the time I would say yes. Every coach has their little tanty from time to time, or brain fade even (ie Clarkson, Scott recently) do they get pounded the way MM does on here?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #52
I'm saying that Mick has the final say yes. Input is welcome (I hope) but in the end Mick has the final say. I have no doubt he has surrounded himself with his yes men for this very reason, what he has at our club is in effect an autocracy.
Mate if thats what you believe, so be it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #53
99% of the time I would say yes. Every coach has their little tanty from time to time, or brain fade even (ie Clarkson, Scott recently) do they get pounded the way MM does on here?

Okay, well I say a coach that constantly points the finger elsewhere, absolutely loses the plot in the coach's box every week, threatens TV presenters, has childish fights with reporters and deliberately and publicly contradicts what the club is saying is acting far from rationally or professionally. If you think otherwise, I would hate to think what your version of irrational and unprofessional would be. Maybe he needs to throw a monitor through the coach's box screen, threaten Cameron Ling or even jump out of his seat and stab Mark Stevens.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54
Okay, well I say a coach that constantly points the finger elsewhere, absolutely loses the plot in the coach's box every week, threatens TV presenters, has childish fights with reporters and deliberately and publicly contradicts what the club is saying is acting far from rationally or professionally. If you think otherwise, I would hate to think what your version of irrational and unprofessional would be.
FMD you have described 17 of the other coaches there as well.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #55
FMD you have described 17 of the other coaches there as well.

No I haven't. I have made a very good point and your answer shows you don't really have an answer. IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56
No I haven't. I have made a very good point and your answer shows you don't really have an answer. IMO.
No probs
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #57

Let me ask you this...

Same question, but plug in any other Carlton bloke in there. Start from the top of the tree and work your way down.

You'll end up with CEO, Pres, assistants, players....

THE ENTIRE CLUB has not acted professionally or rationally over the same period.

Reply #58
Surely not. Graham is not getting a game simply because big bad mick plays favourites. Once we slay the big meanie weanie coach everything will magically turn around and we'll become a juggernaut again.

At least that's what i'm lead to believe by many on here.  :-\

Perhaps Mick doesn't play the kid because he isn't good enough. Radical thinking i know.

So it's good culture or development to not reward consistent VFl performances week in and week out?

Picking and choosing your battles here?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #59
Firstly if you take it as an insult, I apologise if I was out of line. I never said you were clueless or naive, you are far from it. It just seems that you some of your arguments re the coach to me, dont, "add up". I refuse believe/accept the notion a coach wont play a guy because he "doesnt like him". Its too professional (even at our club) and if it occurred, the coach would be out on his arse straight away. Perhaps it is me thats naive but thats just what I reckon.

Ask Jeremy Laidler
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset