Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14 - Blues v Western Bulldogs (Aftermatch Aftermath) (Read 40972 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14 - Blues v Western Bulldogs (Aftermatch Aftermath)

Reply #106
Cripps just wants to play CHB ;D

There was another bloke we started playing at CHB. 

We would start him there most games, and then at about half time, we would throw him on ball and he would drift forward and be damaging also.

Should have won a browlow that bloke.  Retired about 10 years ago now.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #107
Watching the game again. We should've pumped them to death on the scoreboard in the 2nd qtr. We played some really good footy for alot of it barring finishing and a couple of comedy capers. Pity we fell off in the 3rd qtr, which cost us, but we showed something. If we had been far enough in front at half time mentally it might've been different. We should've rest ourselves at half time.

Pissed myself laughing at Wood and Casboult, typical stereotypical big blokes. Wasn't funny at the time though. Poor Levi was all over the place and seemed unable to coordinate brain and body together in the same sequence.

Reply #108
@laj

Yeah, Levi seemed very nervous and fumbly a lot of the time. Was certainly a bit out of sorts IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #109
Watching the game again. We should've pumped them to death on the scoreboard in the 2nd qtr. We played some really good footy for alot of it barring finishing and a couple of comedy capers. Pity we fell off in the 3rd qtr, which cost us, but we showed something. If we had been far enough in front at half time mentally it might've been different. We should've rest ourselves at half time.

Pissed myself laughing at Wood and Casboult, typical stereotypical big blokes. Wasn't funny at the time though. Poor Levi was all over the place and seemed unable to coordinate brain and body together in the same sequence.

Genuine miscommunication here.

I actually thought that they believed a mark had been paid, and the other was running to the square incase the kick fell short and the umps waved play on...

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #110
Genuine miscommunication here.

I actually thought that they believed a mark had been paid, and the other was running to the square incase the kick fell short and the umps waved play on...

Could've been that too.

Basically lost in a 15 min patch from late in the 3rd to early in the 4th qtr. when they got their run they kicked goals. By contrast, when we totally dominated in the 2nd qtr we couldn't hit the side of a barn door from point blank range.

Sloppy game but could've been won against a current top 8 side on a bad day.

Reply #111

Smashed them from halfway through the first till half time.

Couldn't finish it and then came out flat as pancakes after half time.

Still think we have fitness issues.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #112
I don't think that the gameplan would make any difference.  Watson doesn't work hard enough and doesn't have the attributes to be a KPP (and that's a complete turnaround from my opinion at the start of the season). 

When I have seen him this year, I reckon he has been working hard enough - he is just too one dimensional and almost absolutely useless unless he manages to mark the ball, which he has never managed effectively against AFL opponents.

I have seen the vast majority of Watson's VFL games over his five seasons - I would be interested to hear how many games that those those plumping for his selection have attended.

Reply #113
When I have seen him this year, I reckon he has been working hard enough - he is just too one dimensional and almost absolutely useless unless he manages to mark the ball, which he has never managed effectively against AFL opponents.

I have seen the vast majority of Watson's VFL games over his five seasons - I would be interested to hear how many games that those those plumping for his selection have attended.

Well RR, that just about seals his fate then.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #114
But RR was writing off Casboult for a fair portion of his development as well (correct me if I'm wrong there RR). No one can get it right all of the time.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #115
But RR was writing off Casboult for a fair portion of his development as well (correct me if I'm wrong there RR). No one can get it right all of the time.

I think you are wrong.

Regardless - I would still be interested in your response to the following:

Reply #116
TBH RR I think you're a tad biased against him.

Going by his game in round 23 last year and the fact he's put together some good performances recently in the twos, he should get another crack at it. That's my opinion, I wont sway, sometimes blokes get better when they get given a go in the seniors. Just look at your mate Nick Graham! If he was still languishing in the twos under Mick all we'd be hearing is that he's not up to it anyway.

Re the Cas but I could have sworn you didn't give him a chance of making it. If I was wrong I most certainly apologize.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #117
Re the Cas but I could have sworn you didn't give him a chance of making it. If I was wrong I most certainly apologize.

There's no guarantee that he will, he certainly hasn't made it at this point in time.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.