Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Pre Game Thread - Blues v Tigers (Read 18851 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 Pre Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #45
Everitt helps our forward line, but we do need a 2nd tall defender.
I am amazed Tutt retains his spot.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46

Perhaps Trigg is on the match committee  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #47
You would have to think Rowe will play.... I suspect Everitt mightn't.

Agree...Rowe in and Everitt to miss...

re: Fields...good decision to play him and we need another taller back who can kick the footy and I reckon he can make the grade
from the couple of NB's games I have seen him play..
The MC and Barker are doing the right thing and playing the kids and the results dont matter IMO...its about the future.

Reply #48
Hampson's playing, we must be some chance.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Everitt helps our forward line, but we do need a 2nd tall defender.

Sub I reckon.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #51
Nice to see young Tom Fields get his chance ...he can clearly roost the footy...can he play the game??? Lot of responsibility on the HBF with their quick half forwards...read Edwards...fingers crossed...Good Luck Boy ;)

Reply #52
Nice to see young Tom Fields get his chance ...he can clearly roost the footy...can he play the game??? Lot of responsibility on the HBF with their quick half forwards...read Edwards...fingers crossed...Good Luck Boy ;)
I agree. The lad doesn't just kick well, he links up well and often gets a lot of the ball. He is a bit dubious against a strong marking option, especially a really big one. He doesn't just bomb the ball, but hits chests at 50+ m with a quick kick, not a thing that spends 2 centuries in the air.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #53
I agree. The lad doesn't just kick well, he links up well and often gets a lot of the ball. He is a bit dubious against a strong marking option, especially a really big one. He doesn't just bomb the ball, but hits chests at 50+ m with a quick kick, not a thing that spends 2 centuries in the air.

Could be good Crash from what you've described..I'm excited...but don't tell anyone ;)

Reply #54
A member of the leadership group who has been in fair form, doesn't miss one week through back stiffness then comes back via the twos. Worst telegraphed last minute change ever!!

Reply #55
Yes congrats to the lad, be pretty exciting for him first game in front of a large crowd.
Good luck, maybe the 'woof' might return....aaaah the memories. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #56
I am all for new kids with potential getting games over those that have had many opportunities and showed minimal return. Need to develop the next generation. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #57

I agree there Mantis.

I reckon SOS might be having a bit of input into the team selections too.
Give him some idea about what these young blokes might be able to do.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #58
Woof?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #59
I am all for new kids with potential getting games over those that have had many opportunities and showed minimal return. Need to develop the next generation. ;)

I think we are definitely having a look at the kids on our list whilst at the same tme trying to get a win if possible, or at least avoid a flogging.
Reality always wins in the end.