Skip to main content
Topic: Muhammad Ali-RIP (Read 5269 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Muhammad Ali on life support

Reply #1
Unfortunately The Greatest has passed away aged 74. RIP.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
RIP the greatest

Reply #3
First sports biography I ever read was his, The Greatest. : My own story
After that I read biographies on all heavyweight champs. He was my first non football idol and in my mind the equal greatest sportsman in history (with Michael Jordon)
He simply was incresible, hated by many he simply rose above it all to defeat everyone and everything in his path.

His lighting of the torch at the olympics was one of the most moving moments in sports history.

RIP to an absolutely undeniable giant of sport, or as he would say... The Greatest
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #4
RIP the man , the Ledgends that was Muhammed Ali

Reply #5
Fought the good fight for 32 years. He was right when he said "I am the greatest", always was, always will be. My favourite all time sportsman is gone, a very sad for me. RIP Champ #G.O.A.T.

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
One of my mates was talking about the time Ali came to Princes Park as a guest of Richard Pratt and did a lap of the ground in a convertible.  Anyone else remember that?

He was a great boxer, probably the best of all time, and a man of principle. RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
He was the greatest! And the prettiest too!  :)

RIP.
Reality always wins in the end.

Re: Muhammad Ali-RIP

Reply #8
Not sure he would have liked being referred to as Cassius Clay by the guy at Etihad today.

I only know him through "When we were Kings" which is probably the greatest sports documentary ever... Going to have to dig it out and watch it again for the 30th time.

Reply #9
I have lost one of my heroes.

Reply #10
Not sure he would have liked being referred to as Cassius Clay by the guy at Etihad today.

I only know him through "When we were Kings" which is probably the greatest sports documentary ever... Going to have to dig it out and watch it again for the 30th time.
Watched it last night, cried the fist time I watched it, cried every other time after that, shed another tear last night. A master technician at his trade with fast hands, fast feet and a fast brain. We lost a legend yesterday, not only as a sportsman, but as a human being.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
Ali was truly "The Greatest".  There will never be another anywhere near like him.  RIP.

One small note is that Ali (then Cassius Clay) defeated an Australian in the Olympic semi-final and went on to win the gold medal.  That Aussie was Tony Madigan and some people disputed the decision. Tony got the bronze.  Ali/Clay threw his medal away - into a river I think.

Reply #12
Ch10 have a special on Parkinson Interviews with Ali now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
Ali was truly "The Greatest".  There will never be another anywhere near like him.  RIP.

One small note is that Ali (then Cassius Clay) defeated an Australian in the Olympic semi-final and went on to win the gold medal.  That Aussie was Tony Madigan and some people disputed the decision. Tony got the bronze.  Ali/Clay threw his medal away - into a river I think.

Into the Ohio after being refused service after coming back from Rome having won gold. He basically thought if I can't even get served in my own country why did I bother winning a medal for it.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #14
Ali was my all time greatest sports person of all time. There will never be another Ali. RIP you legend.
IN WADA WE TRUST