Skip to main content
Topic: Power forward? (Read 40053 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Power forward?

Reply #105
I thought this thread was about Charlie Dixon...

Our forwards dont lead.
There was a moment in second 1/4 yesterday Graham got a scrubby clearance (which is fine by the way) but there were 4 bombers camped underneath it.... 4. Not one Blues player. This was 5 seconds after a Centre Bounce?

Where did they go? What were they thinking? Surely 30m directly in Front is a place I would be starting as a Full Forward or CHF???

I wish i could get the footage to show...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #106
I remember that moment shadesy and felt your frustration.

If you even have a half traditional forward set up to anticipate the quick clearance you can at worst break even in a 50/50 contest and have the ball sit in your forward 50.

Graham won a few clearances like this, kicked the ball in quickly given he had limited time and space but because everyone cleared out of the forward line, the ball just bounced right back.

My view is if you know that you will win more centre clearances than not, you need to keep forwards in the the 50 metre arc.

Geez the 2015 stats say that even though we were crap we were still 3rd in the comp for clearances.

Clearly we can get the ball, we just dont take advantage of it when we have it.

I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #107

Our forwards dont lead.
There was a moment in second 1/4 yesterday Graham got a scrubby clearance (which is fine by the way) but there were 4 bombers camped underneath it.... 4. Not one Blues player. This was 5 seconds after a Centre Bounce?

Where did they go? What were they thinking? Surely 30m directly in Front is a place I would be starting as a Full Forward or CHF???

Who knows.

Everitt seemed to be in the backline all day.

Footage is pointless unless we know what the objectives are. It looked to me as though we may have been focusing on our work out of defence as that's seemed our strongest group personnel wise.

In McKay's interview after the game he said his instructions were something like "just run around, have a bit of fun and see if you can get a kick" 

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #108

Our forwards dont lead.

Shadesy, but didn't the Bummers field 32 players in yesterday's game!  :))

Seriously I know what you're talking about, we remarked on it during the game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #109
Who knows.

Everitt seemed to be in the backline all day.

Footage is pointless unless we know what the objectives are. It looked to me as though we may have been focusing on our work out of defence as that's seemed our strongest group personnel wise.

In McKay's interview after the game he said his instructions were something like "just run around, have a bit of fun and see if you can get a kick"

That's what my coach used to say to me.  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #110
That's what my coach used to say to me.  :)

Mine used to say "just try and stop the guy your on and if you end up with the footy give it to one of the good players" ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #111
An extremely rare moment in AFL football recently captured! This exclusive photo showing Liam Jones with ball in hands.............

Reply #112
An extremely rare moment in AFL football recently captured! This exclusive photo showing Liam Jones with ball in hands.............

It could be a scurrilous rumour but I've heard that Mick handed him the ball  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #113
It could be a scurrilous rumour but I've heard that Mick handed him the ball  ;)

:))

And as he did he said "And when you wake up Liam, you will remember nothing!"

Reply #114
Jaksch must be played up forward, he looked ok in the NBs last year when tried there, albeit for limited periods.

Agree...Jaksch would be my choice as he is a more polished player than the others but needs to get fit and get a run of games to build some form.
Not sure what is going on with Foster...he cant be anyworse than Jones...

Reply #115

Photoshopped...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #116
Photoshopped...

Cynic!  :)) ;)

I guess you're right though - the only marks we're likely to see from him are of the "skid" variety..... :(

Reply #117
Exactly!

He reminded me of a human pinball the way he was crashing into opponents but he seems to have no idea about getting to where the ball is heading.  If he does get to a marking contest, hard hands means that he's most likely to spill it.

Cant see the pill..... Only the big targets..... I'd be getting my eyes tested 8)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #118
I feel for Jones. Look MM has set him up financially, but he has also screwed him big time in the respectability stakes. His career is a train wreck that still has 12 months to thrash out and the media will be brutal. The kid deserved a rookie spot at best following his departure from the dogs but he's sunken to new lows that bring harsh criticism. Please call Lifeline on 13 11 14. If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate medical attention, please call 000. These services are available 24/7

That's what you do right?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #119
Mick looked after a lot of his boys.....Jones, Daisy, thank fork he didn't succeed in getting Travis Cloke over!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!