Skip to main content
Topic: Power forward? (Read 39978 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Power forward?

Reply #120
Mick looked after a lot of his boys.....Jones, Daisy, thank fork he didn't succeed in getting Travis Cloke over!
Good God I just vomitted in my mouth!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #122
Yep Daisy and Cloke both holidaying on our list at 750k for 5 years each(Cloke in reality would have cost more) would have been too much to handle... :(

Reply #123
I know huh? Dodged a bullet there. ;D
More like a canon ball.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #126
He said that about Jones last year! ::)

No he didn't! 

Mooney actually said that Jones may do OK as a third tall playing alongside Casboult and Henderson.  He implied that Jones doesn't have the ability to be a key forward.

Of course, I could be missing some secret message concealed within Mooney's statement ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #127
I vaguely recall Mooney commenting that he thought the drafting of Jones and Tutt was an "interesting" (i.e crap) decision.

Reply #128
Mooney said Jones has no tank and can only play in bursts and doubted he could make it as a league player...this is the same bloke who mentored Jones at the Dogs
who is saying he wont make it.....pity we didnt chat to Mooney before Rogers traded for him...

Reply #129
Mooney said Jones has no tank and can only play in bursts and doubted he could make it as a league player...this is the same bloke who mentored Jones at the Dogs
who is saying he wont make it.....pity we didnt chat to Mooney before Rogers traded for him...

Mooney isn't Robinson Crusoe.  Barry Hall, who was Jones' training partner, said much the same, as did Hawthorn's opposition analysis dossier.  It really was an inexplicable decision.  However, it seems that mad Mick had more say in it than random Rogers.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #130

It wouldn't have helped because that wasn't what Mooney was saying at the time on SEN, he pumped up Jones tyres live on SEN in an afternoon segment. It was Mooney's advocacy in his role as Jones former KP coach that convinced me Jones was worth a go! If Mooney is saying the opposite he must be reversing over his own errors.

DJC is correct, there were conditions and qualifications put on Mooney's assessment of Jones, but he was so wrong how could anyone take Mooney's judgement on other players seriously?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #131
Well let Mooney pay for Jones' contract , anything to get out of it

Reply #132
my concern is not the power fwd BUT the system in which we move the ball into the fwd line,for years all we seem to do is boot (bomb)that ball long for some1 to mark . (no system).I am hoping under BB this will change.

Reply #133
my concern is not the power fwd BUT the system in which we move the ball into the fwd line,for years all we seem to do is boot (bomb)that ball long for some1 to mark . (no system).I am hoping under BB this will change.

You and me both M1. We need to execute this important part of the game with FAR greater precision, never mind as to which power forwards we may or may not have.
Reality always wins in the end.