Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb (Read 73952 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb

Reply #330
I wonder if the media will get stuck into Essendon for letting down the people of Shepparton by playing a second rate line up?

Probably not, after all it's not Carlton and Essendon's best line up is second rate  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #331
Thanks Barbs. Any reports on Hendo ? Are you watching the game ? It doesn't seem like he's had much to do.

Last time I looked all I saw was that he had taken 5 marks.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #333
According to match report, has a slightly injured knee as a result today's game, oh and it looks like Jackson Thurlow has done ACL...1st player to go down for the year :o

Reply #334
Thanks Barbs. Any reports on Hendo ? Are you watching the game ? It doesn't seem like he's had much to do.
I was, not much of game but it was sweet seeing Essendon get dumped.
You're right hendo did have much to do as the ball barely got back there. Saw him push up the ground once or twice but I didn't realise it was him at first as he was actually running and chasing.
Even with Thurlow and Lonergan going down the Geelong backline didn't look challenged. (Think Zac Smith sat out the last quarter with ice on the lower leg too).
To give the match some perspective, Essendon's players with the highest disposals were Cooney and Simpkin with 15 each - can't say I noticed them getting them either. The only bombers players that looked ok were Grimley who took some good marks and that new lad McDonald-Tipungwuti who plays a good brand of hard Byron Pickett style footy. Of the 3 goals the bombers kicked 2 came at the death - one courtesy of Jimmy Bartel getting pinged for deliberately rushing a behind.

Reply #335
Thanks barbs and crazyjoe.

Extra big up to barbs for that very good report.