Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb (Read 74145 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb

Reply #60
Who is going tomorrow?

I'm catching up with my best mate who I've known since primary school.  We spent countless Saturday arvos standing in the outer sinking tinnies and queuing to get to the urinals.  We're a little more refined these days  :)

You didn't piss in the empties? :o

Must admit, my last game at Mecca was in the silver service area having lunch on a table next to the Silvagnis, but no happy ending that day! :(

My strongest memory of Princes Park was watching from the wing as a teenager as we were being done over by the umpires when EFC stitched up Fitzy for alleged time wasting. Was such a free kick ever paid against the ball carrier before that day or on any day since? He held the ball for just 10 seconds from when the mark was paid, no wonder I hate those red and black haemorrhoids!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
Who is going tomorrow?

I'm catching up with my best mate who I've known since primary school.  We spent countless Saturday arvos standing in the outer sinking tinnies and queuing to get to the urinals.  We're a little more refined these days  :)
Im going to the Spirit of Carlton Lunch, my mate has organised a couple of tables for a group of mates. Should be a nice day.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #62
Standing on tinnies to keep clear of the yellow river...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #63
You didn't piss in the empties? :o

Must admit, my last game at Mecca was in the silver service area having lunch on a table next to the Silvagnis, but no happy ending that day! :(

My strongest memory of Princes Park was watching from the wing as a teenager as we were being done over by the umpires when EFC stitched up Fitzy for alleged time wasting. Was such a free kick ever paid against the ball carrier before that day or on any day since? He held the ball for just 10 seconds from when the mark was paid, no wonder I hate those red and black haemorrhoids!

Ever go to the night footy at the Lake Oval LP?  That was well before I was old enough to enjoy a frothy but the punters would take several longnecks and avoided the need to visit the loo by the clever use of a bicycle tube inside one trouser leg.

I have so many great memories from Princes Park but the one that springs to mind concerns a game against North and a North supporting friend of one of my mates came to the game with us.  He was into Jezza from the first bounce, calling out that he was too old.  Jezza played HBF and was directly in front of us for half the game.  He gave his opponent a complete bath and was easily BoG.  Our North supporting companion was very quiet from midway through the first quarter :)

Jezza's opponent was John Cassin and I believe that he had announced that he was going sort Jezza out.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #64
Im going to the Spirit of Carlton Lunch, my mate has organised a couple of tables for a group of mates. Should be a nice day.

My mate is going to the Spirit of Carlton Lunch too, but I'm going to settle for a pie :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
I will be there with a friend of mine, not sure where we will be standing/sitting once in the ground - we'll be GA, entering via gate 6.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
Blues by 38. in a canter....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
Excited to see how the young guns fire. To those going to the game - looking forward to hear your thoughts on the state of play. Enjoy.
Go Blues.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #68
Interesting to see how many Scum supporters turn up. On a hiding to nothing really, best if they stay away I think. (I wouldn't bother if the roles were totally reversed!)

Reply #69
Spewing I can't make it. Hopefully the replay is on fox later for if we win

Reply #70
I will be there with a friend of mine, not sure where we will be standing/sitting once in the ground - we'll be GA, entering via gate 6.

I'm taking the whole family, nervous about paying for a ticket if supposedly members get in free....
Keep the Faith

Reply #71
I'm taking the whole family, nervous about paying for a ticket if supposedly members get in free....

I'm assuming my membership will get me in Woody (GA).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72
I'm assuming my membership will get me in Woody (GA).

Yes it will.  You will have to go in via gates 4 or 5.

Reply #73
Yep, heading out there this arvo... though with how easily the Tiggers dispatched the Dawks after we could only manage 4 goals against them my optimism for this season has taken a serious hit. Damn near evaporated!

Great to be back home. Mrs Baggers and I have just arrived back home in Melbourne from our 14 months in NZ... and let's get our priorities right, it off to PP to see the Mighty BlueBaggers, then address the task of settling back in!

Go Blues.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #74
Yep, heading out there this arvo... though with how easily the Tiggers dispatched the Dawks after we could only manage 4 goals against them my optimism for this season has taken a serious hit. Damn near evaporated!

Great to be back home. Mrs Baggers and I have just arrived back home in Melbourne from our 14 months in NZ... and let's get our priorities right, it off to PP to see the Mighty BlueBaggers, then address the task of settling back in!

Go Blues.
Good onya Baggers, nice to have you back, might see you out there this arvo looking for "those little sprouts" ;)