Skip to main content
Topic: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game (Read 52298 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game

Reply #15
This would be great.

What a fantastic way to end the season. Whatever happens in the Finals, to get there this way would be a big step for us.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #16
If anyone has kids in Auskick, your kid(s) would have received a ball pump in the backpack that comes with registration.  It just so happens that it's an entirely plastic hand pump (including a plastic needle).  That means it shouldn't be difficult to get it into the ground and it would be perfect to wave around to taunt the Bombers supporters as it has a fair resemblance to a big syringe  >:D

Reply #17
I think the syringe thing is dead and buried, even the Scum are taking the piss out of their own side with Mexican hats a plenty!

They say humor is the best medicine, could it also be a bleach!

Personally, I am hoping for one of the greatest all time Robbo's handed out by either Robinson himself or Bell! Casboult could be another one!

Meat has confidence against the Scum and something to prove after that mark late last game. Please let him stand on Carlisle's head and snag one from the boundary!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Don't agree.  The Essendon fans weren't taking the p1ss out of their own club, they were trying to treat the Mexican story and the surrounding media scrutiny as a joke.  This is the co-opting strategy - take a perjorative term, name, or link and try to turn it into a positive one or a badge of honour by humour or otherwise.  The name "the Untouchables" was supposedly co-opted by that squad when a crook mocked the fact they thought they were untouchable.  The Wogs Out of Work shows were an example of that, gays have tried to claim Queer, women have tried to take over Chick, and even black Americans have tried to appropriate the N word.  But it still cuts to the quick when those outside the particular subset use them - Jennifer Lopez found herself in trouble when she sang a rap song written by a black American who used the N word liberally in the lyrics. 

Make no mistake, the Mexican hat thing was a feeble final act of defiance from the fans before their club applies the lube and bends over.  It won't seem so funny to them then.

And there's no way the syringe thing will meet with mirth from the Bombers fans, any more than the wooden spoons being produced was met with laughter from Carlton fans.  Who knows, they may try to act as if it isn't getting to them, but we know it will.  Indeed, the only good reason not to stir them up with a few syringes would be the likelihood that it will end up in brawls. 

Reply #19
Dyson Heppell's in doubt.  He's having scans today on a foot injury which saw him subbed out on the weekend. 

Kommer and another guy are also having scans. 

Supposedly, Hurley's ready to come back.

Reply #21
Heppell would be a pretty big out

I recall they brought him back for the last game too

Reply #22
Just looking at the ladder, it's all in our hands. Win the next two games and we are in the finals!

You should check out the predictor the other result are quite obvious over the next 2 rounds assuming we make finals we could get either Richmond or Pies very happy with that outcome. 

Reply #23
Make no mistake, the Mexican hat thing was a feeble final act of defiance from the fans before their club applies the lube and bends over.  It won't seem so funny to them then.

So you are saying the ideal scenario is to turn up in a Mexican Hat covered in inflatable syringes, with a stuffed Monkey glue to your back!

PS. Should I wear giants ears with that, a stethoscope, carry a giant salad roll to much on and have a managers sign on my chest?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
First time I've seen our injury list being so long this season.

Chris Judd (knee) season
Jeff Garlett (glute) test
Matthew Watson (foot) season
Shaun Hampson (knee) 1 weeks
Patrick McCarthy (foot) test
Simon White (neck) season
Andrew Carrazzo (calf) season
Matthew Kreuzer (calf) test
Jeremy Laidler (ankle) 1 week
Andrew McInnes (hip) test

Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #25
I think we have lost this one already.

Our club website is already listing the Scum as "The Out-of-Form Essendon!"

FMD, one win and we are already talking ahead of the curve!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
I think we have lost this one already.

Our club website is already list the Scum as "The Out-of-Form Essendon!"

FMD, one win and we are already talking ahead of the curve!
Hmm. Fark we are good at shooting our selves in the foot. The Scum supporters are dreading Sat nite, I told them to watch Bad Carlton roll up and run the prix into form. I'll lay London to a brick on it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
This is exactly the type of game we have lost for the last few years.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Hurley and Ryder back, interesting to see who comes in for us!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Actually our record vs the scum at this time of the year is immaculate! At least for the past few years.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!