Skip to main content
Topic: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game (Read 52407 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game

Reply #45
Banner this week should read;

"We messed up, we copped our whack... now is time to hand it back".
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
I hope Bell, Robbo and Casboult dish it out this week, no matter what the consequences.
Make a stand, on behalf of the competition, you will not get away with cheating.

screw Essendon

Reply #47
I will be devastated if we don't give absolutely 100% this week and really serve it up to them.

I'm still in two minds about going along as I previously vowed not to go to another Essendon game until the AFL sort this out BUT I would hate to miss a great and glorious Blues victory!

Bit worried about the Bummers though - wonder if Turd can get 'em revved for this one? I hate their arrogant supporters too and would hate to see them happy.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Missus away for the weekend - check

Son to my parents house - check

Brunswick st Souvlaki King on the way home - check

Can't see any reason not to go TBH! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
I think we have lost this one already.

Our club website is already listing the Scum as "The Out-of-Form Essendon!"

FMD, one win and we are already talking ahead of the curve!

DITTO

Reply #50
Bombers cleared of AOD use and likely to play finals.

We have no chance, nada.

I won't even turn it on.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #51
Ouch you reckon? With our season still alive, I'm going. We own the Bummers this time of the year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #52
This will be a monster battle with the Bombers.

If we battle nose to nose, they will fall apart in the second half.

Selections?
* Will ROK replace Boots - I hope so!
* Will Kreuzer replace Warnock - hope so
* Garlett replace Bell- I suppose so, Bell needs to improve his skills

I don't care if Bombers are in the finals, they will bomb out first week.

We will be in the finals. We toss Bombers and Port, Port get laced by Dockers.

We will win our first game in the finals. Maybe the second.

Reply #53
OK I personally think that it is 'line in the sand' time.

The line in the sand should be that, from now till the end of the year, forget about the drugs, the injections, the 4 aminos and focus on ourselves and how we are going to beat a team who we despise, who are on the same number of premierships as us and who are spiralling out of control, ready to be buried.

Let them keep their points and let them be humiliated over the next three weeks. Most of their supporters and I dare say their players would love to cop their penalty now, cause they ain't going anywhere this year, but their admin are sitting firm.

Just go out and beat them because they are Essendon and because they are one obstacle standing in the way of us and a hit at the finals.

Reply #54
i reckon there's no question Murphy gets an easier ride physically if the opposition knows Bell and Robbo are lurking.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #55
i reckon there's no question Murphy gets an easier ride physically if the opposition knows Bell and Robbo are lurking.....

Bingo!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #56

Bingo!

What does Murph say to his tagger then? Let's you and them fight?  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57
I thought Murphy genuinely put in against the tigers, as did Bell, but both suffered from "almost-it is" i.e. almost ran down the player down, almost stuck a desparate tackle, .. almost knocked down the ball and made almost made the intercept... Murph looked shy of confidence and lacking in touch but I couldn't bag his effort and he at least had a go.  Bell clearly needed the run and should be better next week as the speed of the game caught him a few times, but loved the physicality.    Bell offers something to our midfield that the others don't really provide, and all I can see is upside in him.  He needs games to polish him.

McLean being underestimated and Robbo playing a decent game... also made  us look a better side than previous weeks.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #58
Bell clearly needed the run and should be better next week as the speed of the game caught him a few times, but loved the physicality.    Bell offers something to our midfield that the others don't really provide, and all I can see is upside in him.  He needs games to polish him.

Amen. AFL is another few cogs up from VFL - speed, intensity, everything.....

The lad will get there.... Patience.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #59
Caroline Wilson pumping up the big game.

Carlton's coaches were expected to caution their players against sledging their opponents at the MCG on Saturday night. And coach Mick Malthouse has been made aware of the potential pitfalls of commenting on the Essendon scandal for a third week running.
Advertisement
Blues president Stephen Kernahan has made his distaste well known in the past of clubs commenting on other clubs' business - but Malthouse deserves some credit for speaking out about Essendon just as he did for taking a stand more than a decade ago over racism in the game.
No other coaching statesman appears to have grasped the seriousness of the Essendon story - certainly not publicly. Leigh Matthews has strangely suggested the Bombers could be scapegoats and Kevin Sheedy remains hopelessly conflicted.
But Malthouse laid the challenge squarely at the AFL two weeks ago. ''This is going to be solved and remembered for as much about the governance of the game as it is about Essendon,'' he said. ''I hope, if there's penalties to be passed down, that they're not scared of it.''
Then, last week, Malthouse predicted the season would end in a shambles because of Essendon. On that he appears on the money.
Every other club in the competition is becoming increasingly disenchanted with Essendon, but the message spreading through Visy Park this week is that now is not the time to compound concern at the Bombers' behaviour.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-told-no-bomber-bombshells-20130820-2s9e3.html#ixzz2cYm73njt
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!