Skip to main content
Topic: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game (Read 52406 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game

Reply #60
I think in the two games we lost to Fremantle & the Bulldogs we have had one too many defensive midfielders and not enough ball winners. Having an extra ball winner, improving the accountability of the players and moving Gibbs forward really helped the functioning of the team. I think Cachia has had a really good year but for team balance he is the one who will miss out in the short term, especially with Curnow playing well. I hope we can make the finals and then we can use Judd as our substitute. That would be a real weapon rather than the juiced up weapon the Bummers have been using.

Reply #61
OK I personally think that it is 'line in the sand' time.

I dare you to step across this line.

[flash=420,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/zkzWyOaS8kU[/flash]
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
I think in the two games we lost to Fremantle & the Bulldogs we have had one too many defensive midfielders and not enough ball winners. Having an extra ball winner, improving the accountability of the players and moving Gibbs forward really helped the functioning of the team. I think Cachia has had a really good year but for team balance he is the one who will miss out in the short term, especially with Curnow playing well. I hope we can make the finals and then we can use Judd as our substitute. That would be a real weapon rather than the juiced up weapon the Bummers have been using.

Good gear.

We were too defensive. Totally agree re Cachia ...love his improvement but gave so little the other way.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #63
After todays news events and how much focus Hird will have on the case all season, they will be mentally not up to a challenge if they are pushed hard on the field. Mick just needs to find boys who are ready to give their all. This game will be played between the players ears.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #64

Good gear.

We were too defensive. Totally agree re Cachia ...love his improvement but gave so little the other way.

Yet perhaps those were his orders.... he played some bloody good offensive games for Norwood last year?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRge0OvWFVk
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #65
Ironic that we should be playing them now of all times.. ;D  Somebody up there is showing some love.

Reply #66
BummerT must be the coach for them this week - Hirdy wouldn't have a lot of spare time right now.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #67
Bummer reckons he hasn't had a lot of spare time lately, having to read up on a 400 page report.

Reply #68
Bummer reckons he hasn't had a lot of spare time lately, having to read up on a 400 page report.
:D
OK - what's Knightsy up to atm? - oh yes, VFL duties.

Reply #69
Free kick count is going to be interesting.

Reply #70
I reckon they will give it a crack on the weekend.  Might be their grand final.  Just to end our season if nothing else.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
I reckon they will give it a crack on the weekend.  Might be their grand final.  Just to end our season if nothing else.

Agree, expect no quarter from them and be prepared to give none in return! Could be a bit vicious.

Reply #72
We must play our game, regardless. We must absorb their emotional bursts.

This is a final. We must know that because for them it is a final & statement (of their loyalty to bla bla & bla) they will be sacrifice everything.... and they will play, as such. But maybe they won't. Maybe Bomber will take the reigns and instil Pussy Cat attitude?

We shouldn't waste energy trying to get into their heads with sledging - that's a serious waste of energy. All our energy must be focussed on winning every contest... nothing will defeat them more than an opponent that is clinical and persistent in its application and indifferent to their situation. We must go into this game with a focus about how to beat the very best EFC. We must.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #73
Ironic that we should be playing them now of all times.. ;D  Somebody up there is showing some love.
You reckon, could work against us, our players are notorious for not showing mental fortitude when required. As I said earlier, we should turn up and well and truly place our foot on their throat with increasing  pressure over 4 qtrs. We should win comfortably given the circumstances however I have no confidence of this though purely because of who we are.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
Carlton 1.44

EFC 2.75 (latest odds)