Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Practice match: Northern Blues vs Port Melbourne at Preston  (Read 13197 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Practice match: Northern Blues vs Port Melbourne at Preston

Reply #45
Anybody know how Korcheck is tracking? Has he played in either of the practice matches?
Korchek played against Richmond and looked to have a future. He was reasonable in the ruck, especially considering he is such a newbie. He moved well enough, his disposal was adequate, but he lacks the feel for the game.
I was pleased that he jumped for the ball at the middle and got his hand on the ball. He used his body adequately at ball ups and throw ins.
I don't remember seeing him take a mark... no, not true. He took one mark and got a huge round of applause. However, the ball seemed to go nowhere near him unless he went for it - presumably our guys looked for open options and went for smaller players. He kicked much better than he did in the promotional stuff last year. He also looked to handball, and he made some good decisions in that regard, but didn't quite hit the target.
Wood looked more impressive on the day and got the ball more, but that is to be expected from a guy who has played so much senior football.

I'm not sure he has the motor yet, but he didn't just stand around and do nothing when he didn't have the ball.
Live Long and Prosper!