Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Post Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 21767 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Post Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #75
I actually thought Levi slapped his arm then the Hollywood acting took over. ::)
Looked like a glancing blow  to me. What puzzled me though is why the 50m was paid. Levi didn't infringe on the bloke with the ball, it was off the ball if you like, does the 50m still apply after the report?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
Looked like a glancing blow  to me. What puzzled me though is why the 50m was paid. Levi didn't infringe on the bloke with the ball, it was off the ball if you like, does the 50m still apply after the report?

As I understand a report is automatically a 50m under the current rules, if is wasn't paid 50m it would be a mistake.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
As I understand a report is automatically a 50m under the current rules, if is wasn't paid 50m it would be a mistake.
Cheers LP, they got it right then, my bad.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #78
Was at the game so here is my 2 cents on a few players:

Simpson: Must re sign this guy for 2 years contract. Only true leader we have - should be captain IMO. Was going off at defenders and half forwards not coming up the ground enough. Love seeing a player who plays for the jumper.

Kruezer: B grade ruckman at best ability wise, but tries his heart out so big pass for me.  His ground work pressure, tackling and 1%ers are first rate. Our mids need his big frame in the contest and i think he would be sorely missed if we didn't have him  

Gibbs: How do you get over 30 touches yet be one of our worst players -  Heard on the radio after the game he went at just over 30% efficiency! Amount of time he kicks the ball forward without looking is amazing. Must have been over 10 times he kicked directly to the opposition hacking it forward. 

Plowman: Really knows how to defend under pressure - Positions himself perfectly when the ball is coming in high and he is one on one. Watches the ball not just his opponent. Great long term trade.

As others have noted defence is looking quite sound dont mind the ruck set up with Kruezer and Phillips but mids lack outside run and forwards are non existent.

Reply #79
Was at the game so here is my 2 cents on a few players:

Simpson: Must re sign this guy for 2 years contract. Only true leader we have - should be captain IMO. Was going off at defenders and half forwards not coming up the ground enough. Love seeing a player who plays for the jumper.

Kruezer: B grade ruckman at best ability wise, but tries his heart out so big pass for me.  His ground work pressure, tackling and 1%ers are first rate. Our mids need his big frame in the contest and i think he would be sorely missed if we didn't have him  

Gibbs: How do you get over 30 touches yet be one of our worst players -  Heard on the radio after the game he went at just over 30% efficiency! Amount of time he kicks the ball forward without looking is amazing. Must have been over 10 times he kicked directly to the opposition hacking it forward. 

Plowman: Really knows how to defend under pressure - Positions himself perfectly when the ball is coming in high and he is one on one. Watches the ball not just his opponent. Great long term trade.

As others have noted defence is looking quite sound dont mind the ruck set up with Kruezer and Phillips but mids lack outside run and forwards are non existent.
BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.
I said that about Gibbs in my review also, the most useless 30 odd possessions I have ever seen.
Rowe is also now watching the ball more than what he used to. Agreed, back 6 look good (although Weiters had one he'd like to forget) but there is only so much they can do when the errors and poor efforts occur up the ground far too often. Basic skill error and effort type stuff. How many goals from turnovers? 10 or something? The number of times we fumbled the ball trying to pick it up off the ground and then lost it was ridiculous on Sunday. Anyway, this week is another week, who knows what can happen?
Go Blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #80
BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.
I said that about Gibbs in my review also, the most useless 30 odd possessions I have ever seen.
Rowe is also now watching the ball more than what he used to. Agreed, back 6 look good (although Weiters had one he'd like to forget) but there is only so much they can do when the errors and poor efforts occur up the ground far too often. Basic skill error and effort type stuff. How many goals from turnovers? 10 or something? The number of times we fumbled the ball trying to pick it up off the ground and then lost it was ridiculous on Sunday. Anyway, this week is another week, who knows what can happen?
Go Blues

One of the major culprits IMO is Kerridge. Even when he gets clean possession his delivery is not that great and he rarely hurts the opposition. He may appear to be working hard but he's relatively ineffective . Put that together with Gibbs' efforts then add in Everitt and Walker and you begin to see the problems. There are other weak links too I might add!
Reality always wins in the end.