Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 5 : Pre Game thread - Port Adelaide V Carlton (Read 22981 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 5 : Pre Game thread - Port Adelaide V Carlton

Reply #45
Hopefully 'Flip' can take a leaf out of the Tractor's book re second, third, fourth efforts...

I think the new 3rd man rule changes greatly improve Phillips chances against Ryder, they are both high jumpers and assuming Phillips is right to go he should be a reasonable match.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
Looks like Polson and Phillips in for Kreuzer and Thomas, who are both sore.

https://twitter.com/MaccaHeraldSun?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://www.zerohanger.com/just-bolton-rules-two-key-blues-power-clash-11499/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=AFL+Trade+Rumours

That's 8 out of our 11 draft picks from 2015 and 2016 playing this week, awesome result. Out of the three that aren't two are big Forwards that I expect will play in the future.

Reply #47
I think the new 3rd man rule changes greatly improve Phillips chances against Ryder, they are both high jumpers and assuming Phillips is right to go he should be a reasonable match.
Has Ryder completed his ban? That is a pity.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
I hate Port, right up there with Essenscum... but not quite there yet  ;)

I hope and have confidence that we will take it right up to them.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is our ability to score a little easier. We have a few avenues to goal and seem to be hitting the score board more often than last year.
So if our backline stands up and our midfield runs BOTH ways we should be thereabouts.
Oh did I say I hate Port?

Go Baby Blues!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #49
Just saw this from Port supporters
"Taking into account PAFC's mental frailties when playing teams below us, this is anyone's game"

And were talking about how Dixon is their only key forward. LOL

Go out hard early boys >:D

Reply #50
With Kreuzer and Thomas out our side is ridiculously young and inexperienced,  unless Port have an absolute shocker we shouldn't get within 7 or 8 goals on their dung heap.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #51
With Kreuzer and Thomas out our side is ridiculously young and inexperienced,  unless Port have an absolute shocker we shouldn't get within 7 or 8 goals on their dung heap.

True.

I don't mind giving the young blokes plenty of games as long as all our supporters keep following us.
I can see a few hidings coming up, but can see it will help in the long run.

Not so sure everybody else will see it that way though. We have some very fickle supporters these days.

I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #52
True.

I don't mind giving the young blokes plenty of games as long as all our supporters keep following us.
I can see a few hidings coming up, but can see it will help in the long run.

Not so sure everybody else will see it that way though. We have some very fickle supporters these days.

I'm not sure we can afford too many more thrashings no matter what pot of gold we're promised at the end of the rainbow.
It's more than 15 years since we were truly competitive, being a Carlton supporter in the 21st century has been about the toughest gig in football.
We didn't miss a Melbourne game during our wooden spoons under Pagan but the prolonged sense of failure wears even the staunchest supporter down.
These days I go to the game when I feel like it, and never with any real sense of optimism. 
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #53
I'm not sure we can afford too many more thrashings no matter what pot of gold we're promised at the end of the rainbow.
It's more than 15 years since we were truly competitive, being a Carlton supporter in the 21st century has been about the toughest gig in football.
We didn't miss a Melbourne game during our wooden spoons under Pagan but the prolonged sense of failure wears even the staunchest supporter down.
These days I go to the game when I feel like it, and never with any real sense of optimism.

There's the kicker - "truly" competitive

Reply #54
I don't think anyone hates Daisy. He's well liked and doing his best, just that, sadly, his best doesn't seem to be any better than an honest average these days.

Glad Crippa has come up.

Ripper that young Polson gets his initiation.

Hopefully 'Flip' can take a leaf out of the Tractor's book re second, third, fourth efforts...

I think we can say with certainty there's quite a few Daisy haters.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #55
I was pretty sure we would rest a couple of youngsters this week in favour of a couple of more mature soldiers. Looks like that won't happen and we will keep the faith with youth! Great in a way but just hope they don't get beat up too much.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56

Well that is one less game Thomas will get to reach his 15 game trigger.
Maybe BB will drag it out over the year and he will miss it by one game ;)

Reply #57

Take your point, but my concern is not the rusted on supporters like yourself (and me), but the young kids. When i was growing up Carlton were successful and therefore was an easy choice. No kids in their right mind would choose the blues now unless forced by parents (such as in my case).

Reply #58
I think we can say with certainty there's quite a few Daisy haters.

He was Booed at the GC game during the intro, on the field and some supporters even after the game just wanted to talk about his game and nothing else.
I'm no fan but I dont hate him and reckon he is trying but I wonder if this weeks rest is about giving him a mental break as well..

Reply #59
Potential Cripps v SPP match up - both young, big bodied WA mids. Hopefully it eventuates. Should be a ripper.