Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness (Read 33453 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Post game Awesomeness

Reply #135
One thing we've improved leaps and bounds this year is hitting up the little 20m passes down the wing. It's something the good teams do really well as it prevents you having to bomb 50m to a contest on the HFF.

Graham was really good for presenting and constant movement which helped this a lot - as mentioned. Even when he didn't get the ball he gave the opposition something to worry about creating spaces for others.

Reply #137
Graham is a workhorse, made things a lot easier for our star midfielders who were woeful the week prior.
I was at the game and thought he worked his butt off, was impressed and  definitely deserves his spot.  Interesting though I have watched the replay twice now and hardly noticed him, different perspective when you can see the whole ground and not just the view on the TV.

Reply #138
I was at the game and thought he worked his butt off, was impressed and  definitely deserves his spot.  Interesting though I have watched the replay twice now and hardly noticed him, different perspective when you can see the whole ground and not just the view on the TV.
Agree NN, I definitely noticed his high workrate at the game, not so much on the replay.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #140
His effort and leadership were sorely missed on the weekend. Those poor kids (however many there were) just had no idea where to stand.

Reply #141
In the pre bounce scuffle instigated by Buddy (link below) , note A Slivagni's attacked on Papley. Strong, forceful and uncompromising......great to see.  Having Silvagni. Rowe and White down in that area, makes Marchbank, Plowman, Williams etc just walk that little taller!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/carlton-defender-caleb-marchbank-nominated-for-afl-rising-star-award/news-story/530f88b9bad41d5c3fd29fb352a18e74

Reply #142
In the pre bounce scuffle instigated by Buddy (link below) , note A Slivagni's attacked on Papley. Strong, forceful and uncompromising......great to see.  Having Silvagni. Rowe and White down in that area, makes Marchbank, Plowman, Williams etc just walk that little taller!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/carlton-defender-caleb-marchbank-nominated-for-afl-rising-star-award/news-story/530f88b9bad41d5c3fd29fb352a18e74
By all reports, Marchy doesnt need anyones assistance to walk tall. Someone also said he is as quiet as a mouse off the field but when he crosses the line, he turns into a psycho competitive animal (ala Peter Dean).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #143
By all reports, Marchy doesnt need anyones assistance to walk tall. Someone also said he is as quiet as a mouse off the field but when he crosses the line, he turns into a psycho competitive animal (ala Peter Dean).

FWIW, Weiters is the very same, church mouse after hours and off field, when he hits the paddock it's white line fever!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #144
FWIW, Weiters is the very same, church mouse after hours and off field, when he hits the paddock it's white line fever!
Farken love it!!!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #145

And that's exactly what you want!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #147
I just hope that when we get to GWS we employ the 'Callum Mills tactics' on that smart ar$e Toby Greene.

x2...Real tough guy..not... is Greene...whacked the smallest player on the park in Caleb Daniel last match and needs a lesson taught...
Dont see Greene mentally disintegrating like Mills so I would forget the sledging ,just get in first and belt the carp out of him at every opportunity...

Reply #148
We should start a petition.

This one gets 4 weeks....
[flash=854,480]https://www.youtube.com/v/q4ySTzFeW5g[/flash]

This one gets told how brave he is...
[flash=854,480]https://www.youtube.com/v/jykAbQ0zZoM[/flash]

I really think this hasn't been given the attention it requires.
I'm really thrilled Rohan escaped serious injury but his actions need to be addressed.
Had he not been injured there is little doubt he'd be missing weeks.
The fact that he hurt himself should not excuse the actions.
He could have done serious injury to Rowe.
He could have done serious injury to himself.
So in an identical incident any player cited can now point to the video of Rohan and say "There was no penalty here I should be OK".

Reply #149
This is why a medical report shouldn't be anything to do with a penalty.

I heard "experts" explain this incident as Gary misjudging the ball in the air and ensuring he made a contest after committing to try and win it as explanation for this wreckless action.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson