Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 35434 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #150
Will go down as another classic Carlton v Collingwood moment

Reply #151
Glorious moment, only criticism I have is he should have given them the middle finger.

x4....liked the way Goldsack was left sprawled on the ground  after falling for the dummy kick.....nice moment for Daisy and the fans even the fickle ones
gave him good applause at the time and at the end of the game...

Reply #152
I heard someone say that Daisy sold Goldsack so much candy that he is now diabetic!  ;D

Reply #153
I heard someone say that Daisy sold Goldsack so much candy that he is now diabetic!  ;D

Hehe.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #154

The right structures from Silvagni, Rowe, Plowman and Marchbank free up Docherty and Simpson to push forward. Can also imagine Byrne or Sheahan off the HBF in the future once Simmo retires.

Foundations are there, time to build on them!

The elevation of Silvagni has enabled Marchbank to slide down the pecking order to the third tall forward and he has blossomed even more.

Reply #155
The elevation of Silvagni has enabled Marchbank to slide down the pecking order to the third tall forward and he has blossomed even more.

I'd agree with that, Marchbank is still probably a year or two away from being able to take genuine KP forwards and AS has given him some freedom to do what he does
best and thats to be a intercept marking beast...

Reply #156
We've got a bit of an issue fitting McReadie back into the team. He's only young but too good for VFL and needs games.

Silvagni and Fisher to somehow fit back next week - Cunningham needs a game. Good problem to have.

Has anyone got a better backline in the league at the minute?

Reply #157
We've unearthed a superstar in SPS.  No i'm serious.  He is that good it's not funny.  Marchbank also.   Gee I have to give credit to SOS where it's due.  If everything else flopped, getting these two could change our fortunes going forward into the next 10 years!

Reply #158
We've got a bit of an issue fitting McReadie back into the team. He's only young but too good for VFL and needs games.

Silvagni and Fisher to somehow fit back next week - Cunningham needs a game. Good problem to have.

Has anyone got a better backline in the league at the minute?
We are 4th for scoring shots conceded with 23.4 per game- behind PA, WB and Adelaide. We ranked 11th last year. We are a big improver in this area and getting better after conceding 37 shots against PA. 

Concerning thought is we are still ranked 18th on scoring shots generated, and we have the lowest points for (515) of all teams. We have consistently ranked really badly for a few years now in attack and we really struggle to get a 'par' mark of 25 shots per game. Even when we are playing well opposing teams are almost always in the game against us because we can't build scoreboard pressure. Would have to see McKay get into the side to start to finally build a quality forward line that can kick a decent score.

Reply #159
We have 4 blokes pushing fro selections this week for the ones IMO - Jack Silvagni, Fisher, Cuningham and Jones. Macreadie not far off it either.

I'd drop Kerridge, and probably Smedts also. If injury free, we might see Jack SOS and Fish back.