Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 42641 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: pre game protestations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
On the radio they were saying that he's very much into 'natural healing' methods (no anti inflamms etc etc) which might have him behind the eight ball on some occasions re recovery.

Or it might be carp!!

Reply #31
I think Weitering has a very slim chance of getting up. He was downstairs for a considerable period of time and that in itself is a tell about how sore he is likely to be. Even if he does play he may well be well off his best.

I expect Weitering to play and to be a handful for Collingwood.
We might be one tall too many in our back half but Bolton seems to prefer players with some size.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #32
Hard to see anyone being dropped but Silvagni and Fisher might both miss.
Jones could replace Silvagni, he's strong and in good form so he deserves a shot.
Thomas was BOG in the magoos so he's the logical replacement for Fisher who I really rate,  Boekhorst is another option.as well as Kerridge, his disposal is questionable to say the least but his body strength might come in handy against Collingwood.
Shame to see that Dylan Buckley isn't putting his hand up for a game, he was in Docherty's draft so he's had plenty of time, this year will make or break him you'd think.
I'm expecting a close game.

Like your observations. Probably will only be 2 forced changes with SOJ and ZF missing through injury. I like your idea of Jones replacing SOJ, he's quick and is now really working hard. This would give Rottingwood some huge headaches, how to cover Meat/Kreuz, Weits, C Curnow and Jones up forward and when Crippa rests up forward there's another 195cm headache. Matty Wright is a ripper as our small forward at present and I'm sure SPS would like to hit the scoreboard some more, along with a few of our mids

Not so keen on Daisy replacing ZF. ZF is quick and gets to contests/makes contests. Think I'd rather see Pickett return or even Boekhorst or Cuningham... the quickness will be important against Rottingwood and Daisy aint as quick as he used to be.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
time to give Cuningham another sniff of the big time.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34
I can't see Pickett getting a game, he was dropped and didn't show much in a big win for our VFL team.
I thought he was a bit stiff to get dropped actually, he looks to have some flair and he seemed close to a good match.
If we're picking the side on form it should be Thomas but he might be on the way out.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #35
time to give Cuningham another sniff of the big time.....

I thought Cunningham was OK at the weekend, probably deserves a run ahead of the other young ones. Certainly should get back in ahead of Pickett or  Polson.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Cripps is rarely tagged for 2 reasons.

One is very hard to tag a contested beast as they work inside and tagging doesn't have much of an effect except they lose a player around the contest if they do it.

And two is Cripps main negative is as we all know his lack of pace away from the contest so most mids know he will get them inside but they try and hurt us the other way.

Tagging means they lose in both of those situations hence why they wont do it with him IMO.

Murphy on the other hand can be tagged and I think Greenwood will go to him IMO.

They will also pay respect to Doc and Simmo as these ones set up as much of our forward moves as our true mids.

Curnow needs to go to Pendlebury as I reckon Treloar will burn him for pace.  

I have Adams on Murphy....more of a size matchup, Greenwood on Gibbs(seen these two box on before) and I reckon Crisp may get Cripps at the stoppage and try and let Pendlebury sag off for the cheap outlet.....
Docherty may get a negative player on him too....think he is the leading kickwinner in the comp, dont see Buckley missing that stat....
Curnow on Pendlebury sounds ok but then you have Sidebottom...dont think we have the numbers to tag them all, our blokes need to be the aggressors, win the midfield and let them worry about the tagging.
Kruezer vs Grundy will be a good battle.....

Reply #37
A couple of mentions for Boekhorst being an option if Fisher doesn't come up. Was at the Northern Blues game on Sun and he looked really spent every time he came off. I was standing right behind the interchange bench and it was interesting to see the rotations. Boekhorst even vomited once if I'm not mistaken. Hard to say if he was running that hard or he was struggling in other ways. Suspect he was being GPS tracked so I'm sure the coaching staff would know the story but by far he looked the worst of all the players as they rotated.

Reply #38
A couple of mentions for Boekhorst being an option if Fisher doesn't come up. Was at the Northern Blues game on Sun and he looked really spent every time he came off. I was standing right behind the interchange bench and it was interesting to see the rotations. Boekhorst even vomited once if I'm not mistaken. Hard to say if he was running that hard or he was struggling in other ways. Suspect he was being GPS tracked so I'm sure the coaching staff would know the story but by far he looked the worst of all the players as they rotated.

Rather Thomas than Boekhorst....Pies have a strong midfield group and we cant afford passengers, Boekhorst is too much of a risk vs
quality opposition IMO...saying that maybe vs Daniel Wells who is a similar outside type he may be of value with his pace but if he is as fit as you say he is and finding the running tough I wouldnt contemplate that matchup.

Reply #39
Rather Thomas than Boekhorst....Pies have a strong midfield group and we cant afford passengers, Boekhorst is too much of a risk vs
quality opposition IMO...
saying that maybe vs Daniel Wells who is a similar outside type he may be of value with his pace but if he is as fit as you say he is and finding the running tough I wouldnt contemplate that matchup.

Agree....although i'm not sure i'd class Collingwood as quality opposition.

I think Daisy can lift another gear, especially against the pies. Defensively he offers more than Boeky.

But if Boeky can perform in the 2's at the same level, i'd bring him in the following week.

My changes...
Out SOS (inj) Fisher (inj) Weitering (inj)
In Kerr, Daisy, Jones

Reply #40
Wells would take Boekhorst to the cleaners EB, he's several classes above him even at this late stage and quicker to boot.
No mentions of Smedts, didn't have much of an impact against Sydney and could be another change.

Reply #41
Agree....although i'm not sure i'd class Collingwood as quality opposition.

I think Daisy can lift another gear, especially against the pies. Defensively he offers more than Boeky.

But if Boeky can perform in the 2's at the same level, i'd bring him in the following week.

My changes...
In Kerr, Daisy, Jones

Their mids are the quality bit..... and only their mids as they showed vs Geelong, not many teams get the better of Selwood and Danger on the same day.
I too am hoping the Collingwood game brings the best out of Daisy if he plays...

Boekhorst vs the Saints who have some nimble but more lightweight players might be his go......

Really like Kerr but reckon he needs more time in the twos......Kerridge or Palmer may be handy vs the Pies who bat so deep with mids...reckon Weitering might play...

Reply #42
Wells would take Boekhorst to the cleaners EB, he's several classes above him even at this late stage and quicker to boot.
No mentions of Smedts, didn't have much of an impact against Sydney and could be another change.

Smedts was handy in that Smedts type of way...nothing too outlandish about the way he plays and is very safe with his ball use usually but every game gets caught at least once trying to sell candy to get round players and needs to correct that fault as he doesnt have the pace or guile, reckon he will hold his spot...
Take your point about Wells being classier, I was only trying to find a suitable matchup for BB in terms of outside style......

Reply #43

My changes...
In Kerr, Daisy, Jones

If Kerr gets a game it's all over for Jaksch.