Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 10: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 21623 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 10: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #90
Typical, produce one example, one mark and goal, the rest of the time nothing. But he took a mark and kick a goal so you think you're right...lol! Kruddler, the selective stat man. Not watch football last year? Kreuzer and Phillips were terrible together last year, did nothing around the ground and nothing up forward leaving poor old Levi to survive as the only key forward. That was never working in a fit. What part of that can't you work out. You know it I know it. And you want to go back to that. Faaaark! Duh!

Kreuzer is a way better player doing the bulk of the ruckwork, outstanding actually, but make him share and he struggles. If it not about the taps then Kreuzer and Casboult will do that job. As i've said many times, and proven right again, they are our best ruck combination. Possessions and marks have probably near enough tripled and they're hitting the scoreboard too. Phillips does SFA, he won't be working anyone over.

Some people take a long time to learn about the game.

Some people take a long time to learn about life. 50+ years now and still jumping to conclusions constantly.

Yes, i provided 1 example. Did i say that was the only one?
You said it was a failure. An example which won us a game, proves it was not a complete failure. Therefor your point is wrong. I can provide more examples to prove it MORE wrong if you want. But i'll just settle for 'regular' wrong for now.

FWIW, i'm not advocating this as a regular thing. I was suggesting it as a matchup/'this week only' thing.

So you watched some games last year (as did I) and based on that you can accurately summise the future? A future that has no place for Phillips in it, especially while Kreuzer is in the team. While you have your crystal ball out, can you tell me who is going to win the flag this year? Throw in the brownlow medalist too while you're at it.
Things change Jimbo, change with them.....well...more than just a name change to save face. ;)

Reply #91
Everyone saying Kreuzers always fared better by himself is being somewhat biased.

Yes he goes better as a first ruck. That's a fact.

This is possibly the first time he's been fully fit since he was drafted. So he may very well do playing off a wing or forward better than ever before too meaning hr might actually play as well or better in a tandem. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #92
Everyone saying Kreuzers always fared better by himself is being somewhat biased.

Yes he goes better as a first ruck. That's a fact.

This is possibly the first time he's been fully fit since he was drafted. So he may very well do playing off a wing or forward better than ever before too meaning hr might actually play as well or better in a tandem.

Our supporters have short memories.

Kreuzer played 43 games in his first two seasons, was fit and has always been our best ruck option since the day he walked through the front door. Tap counts are for chumps, any half-ar5ed midfield coach who knows what he is doing can deal with losing the tap, Kreuzer is a real ruck option.

Sandilands value isn't the 50 taps he gets, his 50 taps are as worthless as Warnock's. Sandilands true value is intimidation, he's a cross-the-white-line monster who won't think twice before burying his size 64 boot studs or mallee burl kneecap into the back of an opponents head or kidneys. Warnock would go into a marking contest and not make contact with anyone like the ghostly twins from The Matrix!

Carlton posters are disgruntled with the dual ruck option because they expect the 2nd ruckmen to be Tony Lockett! They should instead be asking why is it that the opposition clear the ball so easily when the 2nd ruck options are rarely out-marked?

Do you think Cyril Rioli or Poppy would be upset getting reliable and predictable crumbing opportunities?

Carlton was so dumb, it had Betts and Garlett flying against their own ruckmen, or our midfielders were kicking over the heads of our talls to float high balls to Betts who had two defenders standing him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93
You let Kreuzer run around as much as possible and get free. When he gets tired, you give Phillips a run and do the same. Eventually Goldstein gets tired. Then you run him around some more. Sooner or later you get more of the ball around the ground (playing 2 rucks) then you would if you go one on one.

Maybe, just maybe North have a guy to relieve Goldy which means he doesn't get tired??  He and Krooze come off together. Hope Scotty doesn't read this, he might get ideas!!

Reply #94
In his press conference today, Bolts was adamant that Jones was in the side before the injury in the last 2 minutes.  Said he won't be ready until after the bye.

Reply #95
Sumner is a very ordinary footballer, surely Jaksch should have gotten a game with Jones unavailable.
I'd sooner Buckley than Sumner, and I agree with LP about Casboult.
He plays the odd good one but mostly he's a liability, he's just not up to AFL standard but the sad state of our list means that he plays every week.
Good luck to Macredie, he seems to be a decent young player.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #96
Maybe, just maybe North have a guy to relieve Goldy which means he doesn't get tired??  He and Krooze come off together. Hope Scotty doesn't read this, he might get ideas!!

Goldy is known for traditionally going one-out.

Having said that, he sometimes gets help from Majak Daw (not playing) newcomer Preuss (not playing).
The only other blokes who have spent any time at all rucking this year are Waite and Brown (CHF and FF) and they only have an average of 4 hitouts between them.

In short. No help for Goldy this week. ;)

Reply #97
WTF!

This is a Carlton home game, yet the bulk of the Ch.7 coverage is about Norp!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
Sumner is a very ordinary footballer, surely Jaksch should have gotten a game with Jones unavailable.
I'd sooner Buckley than Sumner, and I agree with LP about Casboult.
He plays the odd good one but mostly he's a liability, he's just not up to AFL standard but the sad state of our list means that he plays every week.
Good luck to Macredie, he seems to be a decent young player.

I think being able to play to instruction is a big part of selection.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................