Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC (Read 39536 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC

Reply #30
I am so sick of the continued negative crape about Daisy especially, if it was irony then I apologize unreservedly, if not then bring it on, its just another "Pass it to Carrots" know it all. Dead set getting over the negative....

I am not normally this riled.

LP has been defending Daisy..if you want to vent then you can have a go at me as I havent been a Daisy  fan but happy to give him credit for his past two games where he has been a component
in us winning....
PITC was a good poster and I miss his contributions...

Reply #31
I am so sick of the continued negative crape about Daisy especially, if it was irony then I apologize unreservedly, if not then bring it on, its just another "Pass it to Carrots" know it all. Dead set getting over the negative....

I am not normally this riled.

Don't sweat it - but I can assure you, you have the wrong man.

Footy forums will always arouse strong reactions - part of the reason why they exist.

Reply #32
We had a number of players who floated on and out of the game, started strongly and faded or had little influence YET we won on the road! We are marching forward!!

Reply #33
If Daisy is cited for the bump on Saad, I'll lose it.

Yes, nothing in that whatsoever. But it's the MRP, so................

Reply #34

Think he will get off as Saad came back on and appeared ok...hard to prove he ran past the ball and lined up Saad, looks more like he collected Saad high when he turned his back at the
critical moment...

Reply #35
Think he will get off as Saad came back on and appeared ok...hard to prove he ran past the ball and lined up Saad, looks more like he collected Saad high when he turned his back at the
critical moment...

Yes, reckon Daisy was just bracing himself for impact. His elbow is raised away from his body only after he collides with Saad.

Even the commentators are saying accidental collision.

Reply #36
Yes, reckon Daisy was just bracing himself for impact. His elbow is raised away from his body only after he collides with Saad.

Even the commentators are saying accidental collision.

Yep...bracing himself out of protection would be my defense ..

Reply #37
As good a game as I've seen Gibbs play. Plenty of quality possessions, kicks goals (even under pressure) and shows a bit of not over the top aggression. Couldn't fault him tonight.

Best ever game I have seen from Bryce - I have been critical of his ball use in the past because I feel he has been too eager to kick it to get rid of it - tonight he made his possessions count for for. Maybe his efforts to rough up 'the old master' got his blood up - if so, get him to rough someone up every week.

Reply #38
We had a number of players who floated on and out of the game, started strongly and faded or had little influence YET we won on the road! We are marching forward!!

How very succinctly put townsend.
It was indeed a great challenge. Our youngsters will have gained so much from the ebbs and flows. Mostly, they'll be wiser for the fight in the last 10.

Loved BB getting down to the bench to help his boys hold on. In fact, excellent coaching tonight. Waaaaay ahead of his opponents.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #39

And we are Carlton.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
And we are Carlton.

Daisy looks like he's preparing to pick up the ball with his right hand, then seems to pull out once he sees Saad bearing down on him.

If he gets rubbed out, the club needs to ask questions, because that's not the correct decision.

Reply #41
Daisy looks like he's preparing to pick up the ball with his right hand, then seems to pull out once he sees Saad bearing down on him.

If he gets rubbed out, the club needs to ask questions, because that's not the correct decision.

Agreed, I would go to the tribunal if the MRP penalised him.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Best ever game I have seen from Bryce - I have been critical of his ball use in the past because I feel he has been too eager to kick it to get rid of it - tonight he made his possessions count for for. Maybe his efforts to rough up 'the old master' got his blood up - if so, get him to rough someone up every week.
X2
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #43
Bryce is getting better and better.
Had a great year in 2014.... injured in 2015....he was pretty good last year very solid. This year is like 2014 where he made All Australian squad - except this year is better.

Reply #44
Wins a win. Da dada dada!!! ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time