Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 28035 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #121
Nah you are right we should cut corners again, pay people under the table, trade away draft picks for saviours, hire old out of date coaches, because, we want to win a meaningless game in June.

Now you're being silly. You know that's not what I am saying.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #122
But that's the whole point Baggers.
We're not a good side...we're a mediocre side on the rise.
When we are a good side we'll be able to maintain it for 18-20 weeks a season.
At the moment just putting a couple together is an achievement.

I understand. And you're right, what I am saying is to remain intolerant of failure/mediocrity and not to be content with isolated/moderate success. We made important changes to the club because we were candid and fed up with many facets of how the club was operating. Yesterday's loss spanked of self-satisfaction with two consecutive wins. Gotta call that for the softness that it is. I choose to remain unreasonable in my expectation of something much better than yesterday's weak effort, in many respects personified by how Samo swanned about. If Graham, or Boekhorst, or just about any other player dished up that same crud as Samo did yesterday, we'd be calling for him to be dropped to the seconds.

Perhaps I am still a little gun shy in relation to how we've been bullsh1tted to by the club over many years... promises, we suck it up, there's a flicker of hope... then same old returns. Yesterday was a huge dollop of same old. So I am beginning to ask myself have we been conned again? We are a club, results wise, of 3 speeds - we get beaten by a lot, beaten by a little or scrape in for a win, winning, generally speaking, against an opponent decimated by injury or in indifferent form.

I'm just calling it on what I am seeing right now. I've been a member since '85 (missed a few years here and there when working OS) and no matter how bad the performance I've never contemplated burning or tearing up my membership, nor not spending loot on my annual membership. I love the place which is why it hurts all the more when I see cr@p like we dished up yesterday... in both the NBs and seniors. If I dished up a performance like I saw yesterday in my own work I'd be bitterly disappointed and angry as all fck.

Reply #123
We were fumbling everything yesterday - so what is that? No confidence? Tiredness? Just rubbish?

I think we have some great players and some up And comers and then some - only a few in my opinion - that are perhaps on their last chance. I think the game was terrible yesterday but I think WE played under how we can play so I'm not so disappointed in the loss.

Reply #124
Kane Lambert played 2-3 years in the NB's under Malthouse...couldn't get a game...

He's been in the best for Tigers 3 Rd 1 and yesterday v baggers...well done Mick....wouldn't you give him a try at least once or twice?

Reply #125
I thought Jones did OK, given he was on probably his toughest opponent so far, Jack "The Beggar" Riewoldt.

Hard for the defense to do much more than they did, especially given how easily and quickly Nthmond transitioned the ball.

Basha "The Basher" Houli lived up to his name.
Other than a silly free Plow gave away in the goal square, I the think the defenders did as best they could under the circumstances. The way the ball came in with little or no defensive pressure from our mids and fwds, there's not much the defenders can do.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #126
Just watched a replay of the game again... 2nd qtr, both Samo and Graham went for marks one handed, obviously hearing footsteps and failing to commit to the contest.

Gave up counting the number of half-@rsed tackles from us that were easily broken. Should have been a 12 goal drubbing, it was only the Tiggers psychological doubt/problems that helped us.

Reply #127
Kane Lambert played 2-3 years in the NB's under Malthouse...couldn't get a game...

He's been in the best for Tigers 3 Rd 1 and yesterday v baggers...well done Mick....wouldn't you give him a try at least once or twice?

Wasnt listed or rookied so Mick couldnt play him...been handy for the Tigers and seems to like playing us...

Reply #128
Just watched a replay of the game again... 2nd qtr, both Samo and Graham went for marks one handed, obviously hearing footsteps and failing to commit to the contest.

Gave up counting the number of half-@rsed tackles from us that were easily broken. Should have been a 12 goal drubbing, it was only the Tiggers psychological doubt/problems that helped us.

Or our ability again to hang in.

Reply #129
Wasnt listed or rookied so Mick couldnt play him...been handy for the Tigers and seems to like playing us...
reminds me of Dave ellard.

He used to play well against the odd team but not enough weapons to hurt a side.   Nick Graham wasn't much worse.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #130
reminds me of Dave ellard.

He used to play well against the odd team but not enough weapons to hurt a side.   Nick Graham wasn't much worse.

Ellard was a goer but Lambert has a bit more nous and footy smarts IMO...

Reply #131
He has a dip and puts his body on the line. He looks like he belongs unlike a few others

Yep, with ball in hand he always looked likely
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #132
Ellard was a goer but Lambert has a bit more nous and footy smarts IMO...

True, they are the sort of depth players you want though not the main event to really lament letting go.

I think Nick Graham is another one in this mould.  All 3 of them like a goal, all 3 of them go hard enough, all 3 of them have genuine footy smarts, but they just lack the tricks to really be damaging mids at this level.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #133

When you've had a bloke felled behind play that happens!

Clearly the Lamb incident affected the result!

The only reason the AFL media didn't call out Dimma's crap answer to the question was they are sh1t scared to point out the contradiction!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
Did we get a free kick and 50m penalty from that incident?
2024... Moir of the same to come