Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 63024 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #150
FFS we have so many more and bigger problems than Murphy, he was in our best players again today

You're a young fella clearly Jack....

Wait till we get a real Captain - then you'll see what a few of us are on about....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #151
Weitering, Byrne, Murphy, Thomas and Petrevski-Seton all have good foot skills but after that you struggle, we just cough it up far too much.

The best we looked all day was a couple of chains in play that saw SPS and Weitering sending the ball inside F50 to hit a target. I realise in Weitering's case it was only a few seconds from a whole game, but compare that disposal to the day Marchbank or Simmo had! Unfortunately for us, the wrong people are getting the ball at the end of the chain. We need blokes like SPS and Weitering behind the play using the ball to enter F50, not receiving it in F50 or handing it off to the likes of Ed Curnow or Simpson to use going forward.

I thought Thomas was a again good today, effort all over the ground, a four quarter effort, he just can't be everywhere. Not as much ball as last week, but didn't do much wrong on a day when wrong was normal.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #152
Byrne butchers the footy at times when he panics, SPS won the ball ok but undercooks the footy leaving his teammates picking up half volleys, Murphy's disposal was horrific and more likely to hit a low flying plane than another player.
Thomas does use the ball ok but at his age doesnt get enough of it and Weitering these days is a shadow of the player he was in his first year when he did use the ball well, he is now slow timid and often under pressure when he kicks the ball... an example was when forward he had open space and could run further but didnt have the confidence and kicked the ball too early when he could have been more creative...

A lot of Murphy's possessions today were under pressure, given time to balance his foot skills have always been good.
I disagree about Byrne and Petrevski-Seton, I think that both of them have solid foot skills.
As far as Thomas and Weitering I'm only judging their skills, Thomas was a bit quieter today but busy and effective last week, Weitering has had a couple of shockers but his skills are basically very good. 
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #153
Today's game shows we need a circuit breaker.

We're stuck in this era of sh1tness where we very rarely if ever play above our level.

Ending Murphy's captaincy could be a good start.

Reply #154
Today's game shows we need a circuit breaker.

We're stuck in this era of sh1tness where we very rarely if ever play above our level.

Ending Murphy's captaincy could be a good start.

You don't have the guts to name the problem today, it was dead obvious from the first bounce!

There's a name conspicuously missing from most of these posts!

It's bizarre how it seems to be avoided and exempt from criticism!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #155
Any news on Byrne's injury?

If there's one thing I know it's that we can't absorb another loss to injury.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #156
Kouta?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #157
LP is waiting on someone to have a real crack at Levi.

Fact of the matter is he was cooked halfway through the game and couldn't jump anymore.

Probably copped a Corky somewhere.

Thought he battled ok for a bloke who really isn't a ruckman.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #158
i thought Levi matched Witts.

Did his job....ws surprised Jones wasn't used in the ruck much eearlier....but Bolts had a shocker...in many ways.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #159
You don't have the guts to name the problem today, it was dead obvious from the first bounce!

There's a name conspicuously missing from most of these posts!

It's bizarre how it seems to be avoided and exempt from criticism!

Would that be the umpire who dudded several bounces?

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #160
Team balance was exceedingly poor even before Kreuzer was ruled out of the game - really not sure what the club does at all of these meetings during the week, if they plan to go into a match with Byrne, Plowman, Marchbank, Simpson, Jones and  O’Shea in defence? Mobility? Coverage of a speedy small forward? Completely out of balance and Byrne and OShea are currently VFL at best.

In the midfield, our decision not to play a ruckman at all beggars belief, as does BB’s later adminssion that we had planned for Krooz not playing well before this game - here’s a tip Brendan, best to keep that one to yourself. Phillips or McKay should have played. As others have said the decision to play Polsen was poor and you’d have to say that either of Kerridge and Graham would have been more serviceable. We’re also currently carrying Cunningham, Garrlett and Paddy Dow who simply are not doing enough.

Murphy’s disposal was abysmal and I counted 6 absolute howlers from our captain. Worst game from him for a very long time.

Weitering? What’s left to say? I just don’t like his mindset. He’s not hard, not aggressive and I’m sorry but he’s not up for the fight.

Casboult was played out of position, Wright was largely unsighted.

It was all so hard to watch, but I haven’t lost hope. Obviously any team sheet with Mullet, OShea, Byrne, Polsen, Lamb is going to struggle, compounded by Weitering and Murphy’s form slumps and of course no recognisable ruck or full forward. Match committee go figure.

Reply #161

Is that the bloke we persist with as our KPF because he's useful as a 2nd ruck?

Is that some cruel joke from the club to match up with the "Claim your Shame" ads they run on the scoreboard, part of the comedians campaign maybe?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #162
LP is waiting on someone to have a real crack at Levi.

Fact of the matter is he was cooked halfway through the game and couldn't jump anymore.

Probably copped a Corky somewhere.

I reckon Levi did more than OK. 

Kreuzer would have struggled against Witts but Casboult doesn’t have the Tractor’s ability to impact with second and third efforts, few ruckman do.  However, Levi stuck at it without any backup (apart from Jones’ last quarter cameo) and we won the clearances.

It was infuriating to hear the commentators bleating about Casboult not taking enough marks; he took more than Witts!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #163

Kreuzer would have struggled against Witts but Casboult doesn’t have the Tractor’s ability to impact with second and third efforts, few ruckman do.  However, Levi stuck at it without any backup (apart from Jones’ last quarter cameo) and we won the clearances.

It was infuriating to hear the commentators bleating about Casboult not taking enough marks; he took more than Witts!

You're joking aren't you!

Can you remind me who took the F50 rucks while Levi was struggling without backup on the last line of defence with Lynch?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #164

x4
Finals, then 4 in a row!