Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 63023 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #270
Kerridge is one of the boat anchors, he offers us nothing for the long term future.

It's a blight on our club that we de-listed young players like Gowers and Holman, often to pick up players like Smedts, Palmer and Lamb and then keep guys like Kerridge, Casboult and Graham on the list for extended periods.

On Murphy, he could win a Brownlow and you'd bag him out, go and have a read of the Jim Park voting to understand how few share your opinion, then ask yourself why they don't bother debating you? Have a good look inside and wake up to yourself, your vitriol doesn't cut it as a valid argument!

silly stuff Lp, past your bed time buddy.

Gowers - wtf...
Holman - yeah, arguably a bad call.

You know Palmer was a freebie as part of a bigger deal.

Kerridge is 24, no reason his best is not ahead of him.

Levi, have a chat to SOS ok?

Graham, back up.

Murphy, should nwver hve been made Captain - period - not his fault granted.

And many do agree with me.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #271
nnn
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #272
silly stuff Lp, past your bed time buddy.

Gowers - wtf...
Holman - yeah, arguably a bad call.

You know Palmer was a freebie as part of a bigger deal.

Kerridge is 24, no reason his best is not ahead of him.

Levi, have a chat to SOS ok?

Graham, back up.

Murphy, should nwver hve been made Captain - period - not his fault granted.

And many do agree with me.

Need to sleep but still can't stop laughing, better than Hale priceless! ;D

Free, traded or retained they take up spots, and offer nada!

How many of those agreeing with you are existing only in your head? ;)

I suspect Casboult remains because he is basically no long term risk to the spots of Jack or Ben(Assuming Ben wants to be an AFL player.), nepotism at work perhaps?

nnn

Spit it out, faster the better, stop waiting for your army to arrive!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #273
Like your work shakin. Your replies 266 and 269 generally sound quite reasonable to me.

The Crows aren't dumb. They would not offer 2 1st rounders plus some change backwards and forwards, without good reason.

Reply #274
Don't agree.   This is not the 80's when you need to play 100 VFL games before your AFL debut.

Dow is going to learn a lot more from Cripps and Kruezer (when fit) in a AFL then he will in the VFL.   Kerridge will offer more in the short term, but playing him and Graham stops getting games into talented kids which will benefit the team in the long run.

Look.   In short our list is pox.   It's really bad and unbalanced.   How we started favourite against the Suns amazed me.

Have a look at our 22-26 year olds.   The guys on your list that should have reached 60-100 games plus and are consistent in thier output.

Casboult, Levi
Jones, Liam
Phillips, Andrew
Shaw, Matt (R)
Mullett, Aaron
O'Shea, Cameron
Lamb, Jed
Kerridge, Sam
Docherty, Sam
Graham, Nicholas
Plowman, Lachlan
Byrne, Ciaran
Cripps, Patrick
Lang, Darcy

Cripps and ????   Plowman.   Doc of course.   No need to back the truck over the wasted draft picks, but our core is made up of recycled players and very little talent.     This in the group that should be stepping up, not Dow, SPS, Fisher, Polson and Cunningham who should be showing signs of improvement.

The Suns.

Hall, Aaron
Thompson, Rory
May, Steven
Nicholls, Tom
Lyons, Jarryd
Day, Sam
Witts, Jarrod
Lynch, Tom
Swallow, David
Young, Aaron
Sexton, Alex
Lemmens, Sean
Lonergan, Jesse
Martin, Jack
Leslie, Jack
Holman, Nicholas (R)
Willis, Mackenzie (R)
Kolodjashnij, Kade
Miller, Touk
Weller, Lachlan

What is the point you're trying to make?

Lang, as but one example, was one of Geelong's better players in the 2017 finals.

Is Witts, for example, any better than a fit Philips?

Plenty of no names in their list too....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #275
The Crows aren't dumb. They would not offer 2 1st rounders plus some change backwards and forwards, without good reason.

I've come to realise a lot of posters don't get the Crows trading for Gibbs as an indicator of his worth, apparently the Crows are idiots and have paid overs for a spud! It seems that it's all a bit too subtle for the posters to understand!

It also seems our playing list are all morons, they keep voting Murphy in as captain, and the club must be idiots because they keep ticking off on the vote! The club of course includes SOS and The Judge!

Of course I could write off the posts to some sort of misplaced bitterness, fans reacting to the departing player, or perhaps it's even a weird version of sports racism!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #276
Don't agree.   This is not the 80's when you need to play 100 VFL games before your AFL debut.

Dow is going to learn a lot more from Cripps and Kruezer (when fit) in a AFL then he will in the VFL.   Kerridge will offer more in the short term, but playing him and Graham stops getting games into talented kids which will benefit the team in the long run.

Look.   In short our list is pox.   It's really bad and unbalanced.   How we started favourite against the Suns amazed me.

Have a look at our 22-26 year olds.   The guys on your list that should have reached 60-100 games plus and are consistent in thier output.

Casboult, Levi
Jones, Liam
Phillips, Andrew
Shaw, Matt (R)
Mullett, Aaron
O'Shea, Cameron
Lamb, Jed
Kerridge, Sam
Docherty, Sam
Graham, Nicholas
Plowman, Lachlan
Byrne, Ciaran
Cripps, Patrick
Lang, Darcy

Cripps and ????   Plowman.   Doc of course.   No need to back the truck over the wasted draft picks, but our core is made up of recycled players and very little talent.     This in the group that should be stepping up, not Dow, SPS, Fisher, Polson and Cunningham who should be showing signs of improvement.

The Suns.

Hall, Aaron
Thompson, Rory
May, Steven
Nicholls, Tom
Lyons, Jarryd
Day, Sam
Witts, Jarrod
Lynch, Tom
Swallow, David
Young, Aaron
Sexton, Alex
Lemmens, Sean
Lonergan, Jesse
Martin, Jack
Leslie, Jack
Holman, Nicholas (R)
Willis, Mackenzie (R)
Kolodjashnij, Kade
Miller, Touk
Weller, Lachlan

Thanks for making this point.  Twenty of the team that beat us yesterday are battle hardened players where we are relying on twenty to fourth gamers backed up by a bunch of retreads who were given the flick essentially.

Some of them might come good, others won't.

@LP did you watch Gowers today he was pretty ordinary and missed a couple of set shots in Levi fashion.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #277
What is the point you're trying to make?

Lang, as but one example, was one of Geelong's better players in the 2017 finals.

Is Witts, for example, any better than a fit Philips?

Plenty of no names in their list too....

Really?

Witts is panels better than Phillips.   Need to take off those rose coloured glasses.

Hall, Aaron - Can play.   Bit of a flake
Thompson, Rory - Highly rated CHB.   Battled injury.
May, Steven - Hawks threw the kitchen sink at him.   Very good player
Nicholls, Tom
Lyons, Jarryd - Steady player, learning to play to his limitations.
Day, Sam -
Witts, Jarrod - Had a very solid 2017.  
Lynch, Tom - Mr Millions
Swallow, David - Talented.   Injuries ~ Pick 1
Young, Aaron - Solid
Sexton, Alex
Lemmens, Sean
Lonergan, Jesse - Early Pick (13)
Martin, Jack - Considered by many the best of the mini drafts.  
Leslie, Jack
Holman, Nicholas (R)
Willis, Mackenzie (R)
Kolodjashnij, Kade - 1st Round Pick (5)
Miller, Touk -
Weller, Lachlan - 1st Round Pick

Reply #278
@LP did you watch Gowers today he was pretty ordinary and missed a couple of set shots in Levi fashion.

Yes, I watched the 21 year old in his second ever game play as the undersized lead up forward role against a back line with about 700 games and at least two full seasons of experience.

I also heard the commentators discuss how much Gowers had improved since arriving at the Dogs.

Levi was drafted 9 years ago, he was a year older than Gowers when he debuted!

If Gowers makes it into his 9th or 10th season we can make an accurate relative judgement, but at the moment game for game he's a year ahead of Casboult on age and has 5 scoring attempts compared to Casboult's 2 after just 2 games!

Billy "The Kid" Gowers is about 6" shorter and 15kg lighter than Casboult but is playing the same basic team role!

Why would you even mention Casboult, are you trying to rub in how bad he really is?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #279
Really?

Witts is panels better than Phillips.   Need to take off those rose coloured glasses.

Hall, Aaron - Can play.   Bit of a flake
Thompson, Rory - Highly rated CHB.   Battled injury.
May, Steven - Hawks threw the kitchen sink at him.   Very good player
Nicholls, Tom
Lyons, Jarryd - Steady player, learning to play to his limitations.
Day, Sam -
Witts, Jarrod - Had a very solid 2017.  
Lynch, Tom - Mr Millions
Swallow, David - Talented.   Injuries ~ Pick 1
Young, Aaron - Solid
Sexton, Alex
Lemmens, Sean
Lonergan, Jesse - Early Pick (13)
Martin, Jack - Considered by many the best of the mini drafts.  
Leslie, Jack
Holman, Nicholas (R)
Willis, Mackenzie (R)
Kolodjashnij, Kade - 1st Round Pick (5)
Miller, Touk -
Weller, Lachlan - 1st Round Pick

Lyons had 36 possies and from what I saw used them well...played on Cripps in the corresponding game last season and kept him to 17 possies...Lyons had 24.......
Witts 36 hitouts in the same game and beat Kreuzer 23 hitouts who everyone thinks would have saved us if he played.....
We learned nothing and underestimated GC no name players like we did last time.....
May scares our blokes too, only player I saw mix it with May was Simpson who bounced of him like he was a mattress.....

Reply #280
May scares our blokes too, only player I saw mix it with May was Simpson who bounced of him like he was a mattress.....

Apparently if Casboult had played on May, and we'd brought the out of form McKay into ruck, we would have won! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #281
Apparently if Casboult had played on May, and we'd brought the out of form McKay into ruck, we would have won! :o

Bringing the out of form undersized Poulsen in sure worked a treat.... ;)

Reply #282
Bringing the out of form undersized Poulsen in sure worked a treat.... ;)

Both ideas are absurd, one of them our MC actually tried yesterday, the other one they've been trying for almost a decade!

When will they learn!

We must have injuries EB1, physical or mental, I cannot believe we seriously made that call for any other reason!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #283
Both ideas are absurd, one of them our MC actually tried yesterday, the other one they've been trying for almost a decade!

When will they learn!

We must have injuries EB1, physical or mental, I cannot believe we seriously made that call for any other reason!

LP..Think they may have thought we might be able to run GC off their feet with our new game plan, Poulsen has worked as tagger
in the NB's and maybe they thought he could lock down on one of the GC quicker mids or small forwards...looks like we were prepared to concede in the ruck and maybe hope Casboult might take a few marks around the ground and get involved in general play a bit more than Witts. Witts surprised with his endurance and had only Day as support so he rucked most of the day....

Reply #284
I think another problem with the evolution of our game plan from defence to attack is that it leaves the backs exposed more.

Example being we always had a loose man like Doc, Weits or Marchbank intercepting opposition forward thrusts unchecked, thus inflating their marks and disposal count.

Fast forward to 2018 and we are no longer playing the loose man and have lost our General in Doc. Not playing a zone and going man on man when we start to get beaten, and continuing to select players that are simply not up to it. Not going to single out any ne player as there is 22 of them out there.

I honestly believe demoting Weitering would be detrimental to his development and think he should be played as a loose man chopping off and helping whoever needs it most. Reads the play well and is a neat kick when he's got time and space. Lynch should have been double teamed from the get go but hey what would we know right?

Rowe needs to come back and play on the Gorillas and Marchbank could play on a wing. Jones on the second best defender and I would give Macreadie another crack, not as a close checking defender either as I rate his sidestep and willingness to take the game on and he has neat skills. Can play tall or small.

Looking forward to Williamsons return and the inclusions of Lang, Kennedy and I would give Kerr a crack as a FF. The more competition for spots the better as for too long games have been gifted to potato sacks disguised as Carlton footballers.