Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 30778 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #165

Carlton
B    Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Jacob Weitering

HB    Kade Simpson, Caleb Marchbank, Aaron Mullett

C    Ed Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy

HF    Jarrod Garlett, Charlie Curnow, Cameron Polson

FF    Matthew Wright, Levi Casboult, Sam Petrevski-Seton

Fol    Matthew Kreuzer, Zac Fisher, Matthew Kennedy

I/C    Paddy Dow, David Cuningham, Dale Thomas, Jed Lamb

Emg   Sam Kerridge, Nick Graham, Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay

In    Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Kennedy

Reply #166
Collingwood
B    Sam Murray, Lynden Dunn, Brayden Maynard

HB    Tom Langdon, Matthew Scharenberg, Jeremy Howe

C    Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Phillips

HF    Josh Thomas, Ben Reid, Will Hoskin-Elliott

F    Jaidyn Stephenson, Mason Cox, Callum Brown

Fol    Brodie Grundy, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams

I/C    Jack Crisp, Travis Varcoe, Ben Crocker, James Aish

Emg    Alex Fasolo, Jarryd Blair, Chris Mayne, Brody Mihocek

Reply #167
Teams are in, and it seems we haven't learned our lesson for the 3rd week in a row.

In: Kennedy, Kreuzer
Out: Byrne, OShea

Backline:
Jones - 199
Weitering - 195
Marchbank - 193
Plowman - 191
Mullett - 184
Simpson - 182

Pies forwardline...
Cox - 206
Reid - 195
Stephenson - 188
Hosking-Elliot - 186
Brown - 178
Thomas - 176

Not sure Weitering has a matchup. You could argue Reid, but i think Marchbank is better placed to take him, and we have nobody to take the midgets.  :-\

Reid is a strong mark and plays well against us, he needs a player in form to take him..
Tom Philips is a Pie who plays under the radar a bit...another 30 odd possies last week and needs a decent player on him.....

Thats an average forward line IMO..No Elliott, No Fasalo.....

Reply #168
Reid is a strong mark and plays well against us, he needs a player in form to take him..
Tom Philips is a Pie who plays under the radar a bit...another 30 odd possies last week and needs a decent player on him.....

Thats an average forward line IMO..No Elliott, No Fasalo.....

It is an average forward line, and we'll make them look a million bucks by not picking a backline to play it.

Reply #169
Significant doubt over Treloar

Reply #170
Carlton
B    Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Jacob Weitering

HB    Kade Simpson, Caleb Marchbank, Aaron Mullett

C    Ed Curnow, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy

HF    Jarrod Garlett, Charlie Curnow, Cameron Polson

FF    Matthew Wright, Levi Casboult, Sam Petrevski-Seton

Fol    Matthew Kreuzer, Zac Fisher, Matthew Kennedy

I/C    Paddy Dow, David Cuningham, Dale Thomas, Jed Lamb

Emg   Sam Kerridge, Nick Graham, Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay

In    Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Kennedy
I would have dropped Weitering and be done with it. He needs to do a fair bit to get his confidence back. He also needs a match-up. I can't see him getting confidence playing on Reid or Cox.
I wouldn't have played Polson: his form last week suggested he wasn't ready for a senior game yet. Similarly, I would have rested Dow and brought in Graham and Kerridge. They are battle hardened and we need that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #171
I would have dropped Weitering and be done with it. He needs to do a fair bit to get his confidence back. He also needs a match-up. I can't see him getting confidence playing on Reid or Cox.
I wouldn't have played Polson: his form last week suggested he wasn't ready for a senior game yet. Similarly, I would have rested Dow and brought in Graham and Kerridge. They are battle hardened and we need that.

Weitering is worth another go, but I also would have rested Dow and Polson.

I'd have Kerridge and Jack.S in.

If we play like we did against Ninthmond we are a reasonable chance.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #172
The Filth played very well against GWS and based on this and how we played last week, we are no chance and will play them into form (god I hope I am wrong). I am still suspicious about Kreuzer, he is the key for us and that groin cant be right. They have named H as an emergency, surely he comes in if the Tractor doesn't come up this time. JW needed a spell IMO, the MC thinks other wise, hope they are right. 0-3 will not look good.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #173
Weitering is worth another go, but I also would have rested Dow and Polson.

I'd have Kerridge and Jack.S in.

If we play like we did against Ninthmond we are a reasonable chance.

I would have had Polson out and JackS back in.....we need some scoring power and Silvagni's are good value vs Collingwood.
Did Kerridge play last week in the NB's prac game?

Reply #174
Seems like we are determined to press on with the youth emphasis and risk another loss. Not convinced Kreuz will play and if not Harry to come in. Good to see Kennedy return. I think we'll struggle to win this but hey, you never know.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #175
I would have had Polson out and JackS back in.....we need some scoring power and Silvagni's are good value vs Collingwood.
Did Kerridge play last week in the NB's prac game?

Nope he was an emergency.

Frustrating as it is we’ve all complained about dropping kids after 1-2 weeks, does nothing for their confidence. I can say it now but glad poison and weitering r in.

Reply #176
Seems like we are determined to press on with the youth emphasis and risk another loss. Not convinced Kreuz will play and if not Harry to come in. Good to see Kennedy return. I think we'll struggle to win this but hey, you never know.
If Kreuzer does not play, we cannot win. I hope he is fit, though. I HATE playing half fit players. It can really hurt us.
The other thing I want us to be certain of is having the right match-ups. Last week we didn't. Injury was the reason, but ...
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #177
I think we'll win this one, Collingwood are very ordinary and they'll have themselves believing that they should have beaten GWS.
We're a much better side with Kreuzer in, Blues by 16.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #178
So we lose 2 half back flankers and replace them with a ruckman and an inside mid!! A pretty damning admission on how badly balanced the team was last week.

The side looks better on paper but we have kicked 18 goals in our last 7 quarters since the fast start against Richmond. Our forward line is still a basket case so I'm not confident, but hopefully something will click into gear this week. Surely things have to improve from last week's dismal effort........

Reply #179
So we lose 2 half back flankers and replace them with a ruckman and an inside mid!! A pretty damning admission on how badly balanced the team was last week.

The side looks better on paper but we have kicked 18 goals in our last 7 quarters since the fast start against Richmond. Our forward line is still a basket case so I'm not confident, but hopefully something will click into gear this week. Surely things have to improve from last week's dismal effort........

Noting no kennedy or Kreuzer for 6 of those 7 quarters you mention.

Fix the midfield... the forward will then fix itself.
Finals, then 4 in a row!