Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 23988 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #106
How did Nick Graham get dropped after his game last week? I don't understand that one.

Incomprehensible - one of the few who really put in last week - Graham got votes from all but one who bothered to post votes for the Jim Park medal in the pathetic team performance against Melbourne.

Reply #107
Not been a huge Graham fan, but think he was hard done by here , maybe really showing where sits in the pecking order. Not many times a player has 28 touches and is dumped, especially when another mid as in Murphy is out injured as well? Either play him or more him on

Reply #108

In

Esava Ratugolea, Rhys Stanley, Jamaine Jones, Brandan Parfitt

Out

James Parsons (Omitted), Zac Smith (Omitted), George Horlin-Smith (Omitted), Jackson Thurlow (Omitted)

Does that seem like they are taking us lightly? Or simply an overreaction to the bombers loss??

I'm happy with those changes.

They could have omitted the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and still win, but maybe that looks a little obvious.

Reply #109
Incomprehensible - one of the few who really put in last week - Graham got votes from all but one who bothered to post votes for the Jim Park medal in the pathetic team performance against Melbourne.

Well he must either be injured, was unaccountable or failed to follow team rules.

We've seen this and wonder why it keeps happening for a long time, several coaches worth of the same result for Graham, there has to be a reason for it!

I think to get the answer we may need to start watching his direct opponents more!

PS: His DE% was only 57%, that might be the real cause, ;) something I had forgotten about his game! I recall him missing targets last season by 15m when he was only kicking from 30m under no pressure!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110

Tanking!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #111
Tanking!

Well the idea that we are having the sh1te year that we had to have has certainly been firmly established so the opportunity for increasing our draft picks currency has certainly been created.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #112
Not if we play man on man... but if we dont.
He'll be there to generate attack out of defence.

I hope...and have been advocating to see Jones in the ruck.
It's where he alternates that will be interesting.

It will be if Jones plays back.
The fact that he's been named on the interchange means one of three things.

-It's a smokey and he'll start in defence.
-He'll ruck and follow for a fair bit of the game...give him a roving commision
-It's a message too him that he needs to tighten up or he'll be playing VFL

I think most MC's make up the actual team structure as they going along on Thursday nights once they have their 22.

Reply #113

Sends a bad message to players too - good form doesn't get rewarded!

How the f... does O'Shea stay in? Laughable.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #114
Sends a bad message to players too - good form doesn't get rewarded!

How the f... does O'Shea stay in? Laughable.

Maybe, he just didn't do what he was asked to do? Yes, he got the ball, but did he run back hard enough defensively? Was he supposed to negate a certain player's influence and didn't? Unless you're in the inner sanctum, we an only guess.

Reply #115
Maybe, he just didn't do what he was asked to do? Yes, he got the ball, but did he run back hard enough defensively? Was he supposed to negate a certain player's influence and didn't? Unless you're in the inner sanctum, we an only guess.

O'Shea and Mullet both lack physicality, he may be tried on a smaller HFF this week that will allow him to run and intercept.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
O'Shea and Mullet both lack physicality, he may be tried on a smaller HFF this week that will allow him to run and intercept.
OShea might follow coaches orders well and what hasnt been discussed about him is his defensive work, has he been stopping his man and
thats why he has been retained? I have been on his case about his kicking especially as he is a turn over merchant but Bolton must be liking something about his game that we all cant see.
Mullet obviously didnt follow instruction and has been dropped or didnt contest well enough......
Dont undertand why Grahan got dropped, was one of our better players and worked harder than I have seen him as well.....selection remains a mystery at the CFC... :o

Reply #117
another player who gets a game every week and never scrutinised is plowman,what does he do to deserve a game.

Reply #118
In the unlikely event we get it forward our height might stretch their shortish defence.
The cats have taken us lightly though in one area.... Stanley is a deadset spud and Kreuzer will murder him if he rucks.
Cats midfield looks awesome c. F.  ours but we have a far better balanced side (on paper) this week.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #119
In the unlikely event we get it forward our height might stretch their shortish defence.
The cats have taken us lightly though in one area.... Stanley is a deadset spud and Kreuzer will murder him if he rucks.
Cats midfield looks awesome c. F.  ours but we have a far better balanced side (on paper) this week.

Watched a bit of Stewart and Henry from Geelong and was impressed...Stewart is a Scarlett clone and Henry is a very solid player....
I think we will have trouble with the Cats 2nd tier players like Duncan, Menegola, Blicavs etc, we dont have the depth to handle them as well as containing the trinity.
Kruezer should dominate Stanley in the ruck but I expect Stanley to trouble us up forward...seen him play on Weitering and our man couldnt go with him.
Ratugolea is a bit of a freaky type of player, no ruck nous but can take a big grab and a real athlete....