Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle (Read 37839 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 13: Post Game Prattling-Carlton v Fremantle

Reply #135
That's on the coach. You work it out.

I don't accept that any AFL coach willingly plays a game style that gives his squad less chance of victory, this reeks of external influence!

Maybe we are broke, maybe that has made us beholding to our benefactors, and maybe that is why we have folded under public pressure!

It looks and feels to me like we are coached by the media, and at the moment the media have got it very wrong! It's chaotic!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #136
We are all very quick to go the coach.....easy target IMO.

Only have to watch the replay of the 1st half when there was some pressure on and see our so called senior players (we all know who they are) turn over regulation 20-25 metre passes time and time again. Our senior players skill level is that far below par its laughable. :-[

Put Clarkson in the coaches box yesterday and the result is the same IMO. You can switch players around and make all the moves you like and have the best game day plans in place but have a senior core that cant execute the very basics and you get results like yesterday. Its as simple as that.

Need min of 8-10 decent ball users and boot out the hacks we continue to persist with. Couldn't care less if they are A, B or C grade as long as they have clean foot skills.

More of the mould of Fisher and no more Lamb, Kerridge, Graham, Lamb, Rowe, O'Shea, Mullett, Casboult types. I could keep going. :-X

I agree. Our senior group (200+ games) is in the main either injured, ordinary, or past it, and our core group (100-150 games) is much the same. As I've said before, I have a soft spot for Levi, but when your 100-150 gamers are blokes like him, Jones, Mullet etc., well, you can join the dots I'm sure. The only exception is Wright IMO.

Reply #137
We're pretty much a joke in some folks eyes.
At least three shots on AFL Game Day.

1)Bolton couldn't get the top off his drink bottle

2)Some reference to Spain, Portugal (World Cup) and Carlton that I kind of missed the point of.....(found out what that was- :( )

First Half goals

2 Portugal
1 Spain
0 Carlton

3) Their amusement at some of the Carlton (talk back) members threatening to burn memberships and memorabilia at half-time.

Yep, that's on them.
Media mongrels!
They're quick to stick the boot in and have a laugh at our expense.

But sadly we're going to cop that because that's where we're at! :(

Reply #138
I agree. Our senior group (200+ games) is in the main either injured, ordinary, or past it, and our core group (100-150 games) is much the same. As I've said before, I have a soft spot for Levi, but when your 100-150 gamers are blokes like him, Jones, Mullet etc., well, you can join the dots I'm sure. The only exception is Wright IMO.

It's that soft spot that lets you get stabbed in the heart, just takes 14mm! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
We're pretty much a joke in some folks eyes.
At least three shots on AFL Game Day.

1)Bolton couldn't get the top off his drink bottle

2)Some reference to Spain, Portugal (World Cup) and Carlton that I kind of missed the point of.

3) Their amusement at some of the Carlton (talk back) members threatening to burn memberships and memorabilia at half-time.

Yep, that's on them.
Media mongrels!
They're quick to stick the boot in and have a laugh at our expense.

But sadly we're going to cop that because that's where we're at! :(

A LOT LOT more was made out of our poor showing than was made out of the Dogs and Crows spankings.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #140
A LOT LOT more was made out of our poor showing than was made out of the Dogs and Crows spankings.

And we'll be the talk of radio all week, that is because the other clubs don't rate! ;)

The AFL needs us more than they needs the Dogs, Norp, Aints or Dawks, look at the Dawks v Crows dismal gate last night!

That really burns some in the media!

The hard question we need to ask is this, do we need to have the AFL pissing in our pocket to survive?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #141

The Dogs have got a recent flag under their belt and Adelaide were runners up last year.
We've been a basket case for longer than anyone cares to remember, have had numerous high draft picks are showing no signs whatsoever of getting off the bottom.
Which genius at the club decided that we didn't want a priority pick this year by the way?
Would any other club knock one back?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #142
I don't accept that any AFL coach willingly plays a game style that gives his squad less chance of victory, this reeks of external influence!

Maybe we are broke, maybe that has made us beholding to our benefactors, and maybe that is why we have folded under public pressure!

It looks and feels to me like we are coached by the media, and at the moment the media have got it very wrong! It's chaotic!

We play our defensive game plan a number of other weeks so don't think that's it. It's the style these days anyway. Bolton thinks he's teaching them only he'll ruin them doing that. It's dumb!

Reply #143
We play our defensive game plan a number of other weeks so don't think that's it. It's the style these days anyway. Bolton thinks he's teaching them only he'll ruin them doing that. It's dumb!

I can't agree about BB.

But I do think he does himself significant harm when he tries to claim we stood up well in the 2nd half, when it's clear to all that Freo went into fuel saving mode! Fans are not dumb, don't blow smoke up their ar5e!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #144
The Dogs have got a recent flag under their belt and Adelaide were runners up last year.
We've been a basket case for longer than anyone cares to remember, have had numerous high draft picks are showing no signs whatsoever of getting off the bottom.
Which genius at the club decided that we didn't want a priority pick this year by the way?
Would any other club knock one back?

So they think they can smell blood in our case rather than with the Crows and Dogs. I guess Blue Blood does smell that bit sweeter to them?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #145
So they think they can smell blood in our case rather than with the Crows and Dogs. I guess Blue Blood does smell that bit sweeter to them?

We are a legitimate story, we hold the record for most flags while being the worst performing Victorian club since Fitzroy in their dying days.
Given our arrogant swagger of bygone days it's little wonder that people find it ironic, and slightly amusing, and that we generate media interest.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #146
This all started with the Pagan era. I was horrified by what transpired and posted numerous scathing posts by what I had witnessed during his tenure. This is all coming home to roost now.

I was fearful at the time that we would become the new St Kilda and low and behold here we are. I reckon we're a damn site worse! The poundings he allowed to happen to the club ripped the soul out of it. This is not Carlton, this is Pagan's Carlton. It became acceptable to lose and to lose big, something the previous culture of Carlton would never accept.

He spearheaded the tanking, the "high draft picks" will solve all our issues. Who remembers the "give me good players and I'll give you wins" comment? Well the high draft picks gave him good players, but when those players come to a soulless club, this is the result. Those players then pass on that mantra and so it goes perpetually in a never ending vicious circle.

Look at Gibbs, he's left and taken his pox with him to the Crows. His loser aura has followed him. This is no coincidence. Hopefully Murphy and Kreuser do the same come seasons end and we're finally rid of that era's embarrassments. And that's the way those guys should be viewed. Not as treasured high draft choices, but failures by the club to do the right thing and fight out every game and not deliberately lose for the sake of a higher draft position.

This club stinks from boot studder to president and something is not right here. The sh*t they've been dishing up is under 14s level of incompetence. I used to be proud to follow this club, now I see us as a joke.

The first decent thing the club has done in two decades was decline the priority pick. I applauded that action and it shows someone is actually looking in the mirror and wanting the club to put it's house in order. Let's see if they follow through or f*ck it up and take the easy way out if the time comes when they're offered it. Will the cronies at the club have the nads to say no? Or will they man up and do the right thing? I reckon they'll soft c*ck it. Just watch...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #147
Whilst I agree with your take on our current situation, there's some dubious interpretations and a few long drawing of bows in that post.

Reply #148
He's prone to some "Massive" rants ;) ;D

Reply #149
I have no time for him either, but he inherited a badly crippled club, a fact he didn't know when he signed on courtesy of the AFL draft sanctions.  But when he went after Martyn, that was my last straw.  He was never a great coach IMHO