Skip to main content
Topic: How 'over it' are you?  (Read 10512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How 'over it' are you?

Reply #15
3 valuable contributions. Bravo, GozzMan, for a timely assessment of our club - steeped in reality.

And that reality now sees the Dawks, Bumbers, Tiggers, Pussy Cats and probably the Kangabies of the Melbourne based clubs... ahead of us. Then you throw in the Fluffy Ducks, Powerless, D1ckers of the interstate clubs and we really are falling off the pace.

With all due respect Baggers,  seriously mate how the fark can you say Kanganothings, Tiggers and Dees are ahead of us. Last time I checked, we finished ahead of all of them on the ladder this year. We pantsed the all hype no substance Tiggers in a final (whether we deserved to be there or not we were). The Dees are crap trucks, Roos has a monumental task, we will see how good a coach he really is. Kangas are the October November Premiers every year, puuuuurlease!

Mate... reality is that without the Bumbers this year, we would no have participated in the finals. The Tiggers finished 5th. And we finished 9th. Dont know where you get the Dees stuff from????? We beat the Kangabies by a pt to make the finals.... reckon they'd have smacked the Tiggers big time.

We got a leg up this year (thank you, Bumbers). It won't happen next year.

the Bombers cheated, pure and simple. We lost 2 games to them by a goal in the last minute when their drug fuelled bodies ran over the top of us. That's the reason why PED's are banned and sides get penalised to prevent such unfair advantages. Without that unfair advantage we won  those 2 games, win 13 matches and finish in the 8 in our own right. That's the reality.

We finished above North, and beat them, beat Richmond twice including a final. Don't see them ahead of us. Neither are Essendon ahead of us as they had to cheat to do it so please don't include them. We have no clue how good they are. I'm sure if we took PED's like them we'd be a big flag chance.

Not everything is negative as posters seem to enjoy making out.

Reply #16
3 valuable contributions. Bravo, GozzMan, for a timely assessment of our club - steeped in reality.

And that reality now sees the Dawks, Bumbers, Tiggers, Pussy Cats and probably the Kangabies of the Melbourne based clubs... ahead of us. Then you throw in the Fluffy Ducks, Powerless, D1ckers of the interstate clubs and we really are falling off the pace.

With all due respect Baggers,  seriously mate how the fark can you say Kanganothings, Tiggers and Dees are ahead of us. Last time I checked, we finished ahead of all of them on the ladder this year. We pantsed the all hype no substance Tiggers in a final (whether we deserved to be there or not we were). The Dees are crap trucks, Roos has a monumental task, we will see how good a coach he really is. Kangas are the October November Premiers every year, puuuuurlease!

Mate... reality is that without the Bumbers this year, we would no have participated in the finals. The Tiggers finished 5th. And we finished 9th. Dont know where you get the Dees stuff from????? We beat the Kangabies by a pt to make the finals.... reckon they'd have smacked the Tiggers big time.

the Bombers cheated, pure and simple. We lost 2 games to them by a goal in the last minute when their drug fuelled bodies ran over the top of us. That's the reason why PED's are banned and sides get penalised to prevent such unfair advantages. Without that unfair advantage we won  those 2 games, win 13 matches and finish in the 8 in our own right. That's the reality.

Strongly disagree with this. In both games we led substantially...letting them off the hook with bad kicking at goal that cost us in the end. Lead by five goals and get overrun, not once, but twice, says that our side is mentally weak and can't put the final nail in the coffin when it matters...not in those games anyway. It had nothing to do with PEDs. Essendon were the better side on the night both times, stood up when it counted most, wanted it more and rightfully walked away with the points on both occasions. Do not forget that we lost to the Bulldogs and Saints as well....

Reply #17

Strongly disagree with this. In both games we led substantially...letting them off the hook with bad kicking at goal that cost us in the end. Lead by five goals and get overrun, not once, but twice, says that our side is mentally weak and can't put the final nail in the coffin when it matters...not in those games anyway. It had nothing to do with PEDs. Essendon were the better side on the night both times, stood up when it counted most, wanted it more and rightfully walked away with the points on both occasions. Do not forget that we lost to the Bulldogs and Saints as well....

Not sure how a team overrunning another to chase down a 5 goal margin can be used as an argument against the effect of PED's, sorry. Maybe they just overran us because we were exhausted and their artificially fueled bodies had more run in them? Exhaustion causes mistakes in front of goal too.

Either way, Essendon did cheat and were punished accordingly. We were the 8th best side in the competition out of the teams that did not cheat and we went on to a semi final after defeating Richmond.

As a side, we are far from as strong as I would like us to be, but I seriously hate people trotting out the line that we didn't deserve to play finals. We didn't cheat, and we finished above the nine other sides who didn't cheat but didn't make the 8, so we deserved to be there. We showed that beyond all argument when we got up and won the elimination final.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #18

Not sure how a team overrunning another to chase down a 5 goal margin can be used as an argument against the effect of PED's, sorry. Maybe they just overran us because we were exhausted and their artificially fueled bodies had more run in them? Exhaustion causes mistakes in front of goal too.

Oh please. The Blues had plenty of the ball both nights and plenty of opportunities to win the game of their own accord and ballsed it up beautifully both times. Kick goals on top of a five goal lead and it doesn't matter how many alleged PEDs the opposition takes. We kick straight in both games, we win, simple. Using the drug scandal as an excuse is bullsh1t.

Reply #19
Strongly disagree Gozza.  The second time we kicked ourselves out of it but the first they had players getting out the back and kicking goals as a result of having more run.  That after we had them on toast when we were able to compete.  We fell away they didnt.

PEDS.  After seeing the way they came out in the second half vs Freo over at Pattersons, it became clear to me that they had a physical edge. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #20
Strongly disagree Gozza.  The second time we kicked ourselves out of it but the first they had players getting out the back and kicking goals as a result of having more run.  That after we had them on toast when we were able to compete.  We fell away they didnt.

PEDS.  After seeing the way they came out in the second half vs Freo over at Pattersons, it became clear to me that they had a physical edge.

So after the whole thing blew up in February, they were still using alleged substances throughout the course of the season were they? That's a crock of sh1t.

Reply #21

So after the whole thing blew up in February, they were still using alleged substances throughout the course of the season were they? That's a crock of sh1t.

The long term and lasting effects of PEDs are well known Gozza.  We've been through this on the old board while you were AWOL.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22

The long term and lasting effects of PEDs are well known Gozza.  We've been through this on the old board while you were AWOL.

Fair enough. 

But - we led Essendon by 31 points midway through the third quarter in round 11. Surely even the long term effects of such things wouldn't just flick a switch like that.

In round 22, the Blues kicked 9.22.....that costs a game of footy every day of the week - absolutely nothing to do with PEDs at all. 

Much easier to look for excuses though.

Reply #23

Fair enough. 

But - we led Essendon by 31 points midway through the third quarter in round 11. Surely even the long term effects of such things wouldn't just flick a switch like that.

In round 22, the Blues kicked 9.22.....that costs a game of footy every day of the week - absolutely nothing to do with PEDs at all. 

Much easier to look for excuses though.

I suspect we were completely stuffed midway through the 3rd quarter in rd 11 - and we weren't the only team to get run down by the Cheats.  If I remember correctly, we had a chance for another goal and fluffed it.

By round 22, the Cheats had pretty well come back to the field in terms of endurance and it was poor kicking for goal that cost us a game we should have won.  They were let off the leash by Hird and played as if they had nothing to lose in the last quarter; something Malthouse should have anticipated and countered.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #24
I've grown a beard and won't shave it off unless I see a radical improvement in our starting 22 next season. So it's Gillette or the Bandidos Mick.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #25
Isn't it ironic that the last Blues player to win a flag was a Pies player in Daisy!? (ditto the last coach too)...

Gozza I am well over it. Love the Blues, but the shine has gone from the game a while back in my eyes.

18 years and counting... I only have 2 more digits left on my hands and feet, before I will lose count...