Skip to main content
Topic: Practice Match: Blues vs. Box Hill on Sunday at Visy (Read 8610 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Practice Match: Blues vs. Box Hill on Sunday at Visy

Reply #15
Good to see Temay doing something positive and getting a mention.....I think Buckley can make it if we give him a chance and let him  have  a string of games and settle.
The club have to make up their mind on if we are going down the development route and take a step or two backwards or continue trying to make the eight but with little hope of advancing and continue this cycle of meaningless struggle as we emulate Richmond, North etc.
I'd break that cycle and declare this a rebuild season, get some games into Graham, Buckley etc and even Temay then hope we can recruit somes big names to propel the club upwards.

Reply #16
In an era where run has become a decisive factor, it's critical that players like Buckey are injected ASAP. I think Army must be a contender as well. Both have have the pace required its just a question of their tanks. Cripps is worth the punt ahead of McLean IMO going forward.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #17
Buckleys issue isn't speed, fitness, courage but he's terribly unreliable by foot under pressure.

Do we need another 50/50 kick at the moment .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18
Buckleys issue isn't speed, fitness, courage but he's terribly unreliable by foot under pressure.

The kid deserves a decent run on the park to establish himself at AFL level. Gibbs looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he first started out. Drop Robbo and bring in Buckley. Even if he sprays it we break even at selection.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19

The kid deserves a decent run on the park to establish himself at AFL level. Gibbs looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he first started out. Drop Robbo and bring in Buckley. Even if he sprays it we break even at selection.

Gibbs could always kick.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #20

Is there anyone in our side other than maybe Gibbs who is a reliable kick under pressure?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
David Ellard
Lachie Henderson
Jarrad Waite
Andrew Walker
Kade Simpson is generally a good kick of the footy, but even he can stuff up under pressure.

Some of you blokes were mentioning that we missed our window, but when you start seeking the answers to these questions, you have to wonder what premiership window we have had open since about 1999 and even then we were a one man side.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
David Ellard - Great set shot for goal but I'm not so sure of his field kicking under pressure
Lachie Henderson - Was criticised for turning it over coming out of defence last year
Jarrad Waite - Once again, great set shot
Andrew Walker - You have got to be kidding me
Kade Simpson is generally a good kick of the footy, but even he can stuff up under pressure. - Very hit and miss

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
Good to see Temay doing something positive and getting a mention.....I think Buckley can make it if we give him a chance and let him  have  a string of games and settle.
The club have to make up their mind on if we are going down the development route and take a step or two backwards or continue trying to make the eight but with little hope of advancing and continue this cycle of meaningless struggle as we emulate Richmond, North etc.
I'd break that cycle and declare this a rebuild season, get some games into Graham, Buckley etc and even Temay then hope we can recruit somes big names to propel the club upwards.

Agree. Id be doing the same. Gotta break the cycle.

Reply #24

Couldn't agree more... might be the year to 'bite the bullett'. But who do we drop to make way for Graham, Buckley etc?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25

Is there anyone in our side other than maybe Gibbs who is a reliable kick under pressure?

Hoops! ;D

Reply #26

I can vouch for the fact that in the school and under age footy, he was lace out at 50 meters.  Give him some consistent game time at the highest level, allow him to adapt to the pace and watch him blossom.  He has Jimmy's steely determination, which is something we currently lack.   GAME TIME!!!!

Reply #27

I can vouch for the fact that in the school and under age footy, he was lace out at 50 meters.  Give him some consistent game time at the highest level, allow him to adapt to the pace and watch him blossom.  He has Jimmy's steely determination, which is something we currently lack.   GAME TIME!!!!

I can only gauge what I've seen so far and he's not showing a lot of polish.

I have no problem playing kids but there has to be balance.

Can't have too many kids who can't run 4 /4.
Can't have too many people with suspect kicks.