Skip to main content

Poll

R1 vs Port Adelaide: Who was your top 3, WORST on ground?

1 - Walker
[ 13 ] (9.9%)
2 - Menzel (starting sub)
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
3 - Murphy
[ 0 ] (0%)
4 - Gibbs
[ 0 ] (0%)
6 - Simpson
[ 0 ] (0%)
8 - Kreuzer
[ 23 ] (17.6%)
10 - Watson
[ 12 ] (9.2%)
11 - Warnock
[ 5 ] (3.8%)
12 - Robinson
[ 20 ] (15.3%)
13 - Yarran
[ 0 ] (0%)
14 - McLean
[ 8 ] (6.1%)
23 - Henderson
[ 3 ] (2.3%)
26 - McInness
[ 26 ] (19.8%)
28 - Bell (subbed off)
[ 4 ] (3.1%)
30 - Waite
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
33 - Everitt
[ 0 ] (0%)
35 - Curnow
[ 0 ] (0%)
38 - Garlett
[ 10 ] (7.6%)
39 - Thomas
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
40 - Jamison
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 29, 2014, 07:39:02 am

Topic: R1 - WORST on ground (Read 14954 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 - WORST on ground

Reply #15
Here is an idea out from left field. How about we recruit players who are hard at it and can kick the football too?

There is only a handful of that type in the league, the others are more common, but we can only hope!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Robinson and Bell both got plenty, early in Bell's case, yet they both butchered the ball mercilessly!

If you go to all the trouble of getting it, don't give it back!

I've been playing that tune for a while now. People keep telling me that they are required players who do the hard stuff.

I'd prefer soft players who can hit a target rather than tough players who cannot.

Here is an idea out from left field. How about we recruit players who are hard at it and can kick the football too?

I reckon we tried with our first round pick. ;)

Reply #17

There is only a handful of that type in the league, the others are more common, but we can only hope!

Talk to Messrs Kernahan, Gleeson, OSullivan, McKay, Hughes Rodgers and Swan as to why....

I recall in the halcyon days - no one could get a game at Carlton if they couldn't kick....

Reply #18
Robinson and Bell both got plenty, early in Bell's case, yet they both butchered the ball mercilessly!

I've been playing that tune for a while now. People keep telling me that they are required players who do the hard stuff.

I'd prefer soft players who can hit a target rather than tough players who cannot.

Not sure Cripps is seen as an elite kick, along with his endurance its an area he needs to improve, ditto for Graham and Buckley who also need to improve their kicking.

Reply #19

Not sure Cripps is seen as an elite kick, along with his endurance its an area he needs to improve, ditto for Graham and Buckley who also need to improve their kicking.

He is not an elite kick, but he doesn't have to be to be an upgrade on Bell and Robbo. ;)

Reply #20
He is not an elite kick, but he doesn't have to be to be an upgrade on Bell and Robbo. ;)

He is not bad by foot, but he is way slower than Bell and Robbo so I doubt he will find enough space to use his feet. He is going to be an in and under type, a rotation / replacement for Carrazzo, McLean and Judd working on the inside.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21

Fair point..especially with Robbo, thought Bell was better and was surprised when he was subbed off...

Reply #22
@EB1
Good point, why wasn't Robbo subbed off?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
Robbo was easily our worst player last night. He fkn did my head in.
Every single time he got the ball he just bombed it forward with zero poise and even less thought.
He even missed a sitter after a great passage of play.
He's been around long enough now. He ain't gonna change.
Magoos from now on !

Reply #24
Robinson.  Robinson. Robinson. Robinson. Robinson robinson robinson.     :(

Reply #25
Robbo was easily our worst player last night. He fkn did my head in.
Every single time he got the ball he just bombed it forward with zero poise and even less thought.
He even missed a sitter after a great passage of play.
He's been around long enough now. He ain't gonna change.
Magoos from now on !

McInnes for me....cant stick a tackle on a smaller player ie Gray and gets outmarked by smaller players and if he does get the footy only John Butcher is more comical too watch when disposing of it....

Reply #26
To all the people who are voting Robinson for not looking, bombing the ball long and turning it over.

My question is this...
What have you seen from him in the past that tells you different?

Reply #27
To all the people who are voting Robinson for not looking, bombing the ball long and turning it over.

My question is this...
What have you seen from him in the past that tells you different?
He did butcher the ball, but atleast he got his friggen hands on it.. I voted worst on ground by who may as well not even have been out there..

Reply #28
My friend was at the game and was talking to me today. He said Walker, Robinson and Kreuzer were terrible for us last night. He said he would trade each of them for a can of baked beans at the moment. He is a good judge of what he watches and said he has seen the worst game Kreuzer might ever play. So much so, that if he plays any worse he needs to be dropped for 3 or 4 weeks to learn what he needs to do before we trade him.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29
Its extremely sad that we need a thread titled R1 Worst on Ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time