Skip to main content

Poll

R1 vs Port Adelaide: Who was your top 3, WORST on ground?

1 - Walker
[ 13 ] (9.9%)
2 - Menzel (starting sub)
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
3 - Murphy
[ 0 ] (0%)
4 - Gibbs
[ 0 ] (0%)
6 - Simpson
[ 0 ] (0%)
8 - Kreuzer
[ 23 ] (17.6%)
10 - Watson
[ 12 ] (9.2%)
11 - Warnock
[ 5 ] (3.8%)
12 - Robinson
[ 20 ] (15.3%)
13 - Yarran
[ 0 ] (0%)
14 - McLean
[ 8 ] (6.1%)
23 - Henderson
[ 3 ] (2.3%)
26 - McInness
[ 26 ] (19.8%)
28 - Bell (subbed off)
[ 4 ] (3.1%)
30 - Waite
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
33 - Everitt
[ 0 ] (0%)
35 - Curnow
[ 0 ] (0%)
38 - Garlett
[ 10 ] (7.6%)
39 - Thomas
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
40 - Jamison
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 29, 2014, 07:39:02 am

Topic: R1 - WORST on ground (Read 14955 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 - WORST on ground

Reply #30
We have too many candidates. Robbo and Bell actually did some good stuff, but their errors stuck out badly. Same thing with Thomas and Walker: Walker was brilliant early, but his brain seemed to disappear as the game went on. Some could reasonably claim that Watson was our worst, as his inability to match his man lead to almost all of Port's score in the 2nd quarter. He did much better on Butcher.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #31
Butcher by name, and Butcher by nature. He is almost better off left to wonder alone and gang up on a better player like Westhoff.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
To all the people who are voting Robinson for not looking, bombing the ball long and turning it over.

My question is this...
What have you seen from him in the past that tells you different?

Normally he handballs as much as he kicks which means he's less likely to f%^& up. He usually has twice as many marks and tackles as well.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #33
We have too many candidates. Robbo and Bell actually did some good stuff, but their errors stuck out badly. Same thing with Thomas and Walker: Walker was brilliant early, but his brain seemed to disappear as the game went on. Some could reasonably claim that Watson was our worst, as his inability to match his man lead to almost all of Port's score in the 2nd quarter. He did much better on Butcher.

As you say Crash - we are spoiled for choice.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Sorry, and hate writing it, but Kreuzer. Especially when you weigh up his contribution next to his draft selection, investment and size. This bloke should be imposing himself on contest and game to great effect and influence. But he gives so very, very little.

Ps. The poll should read, 'Who were etc, not was!' Sorry, couldn't help myself... if LODS sees it someone will get detention ;) :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
Malthouse didn't sub Bell off because he was "Wonderful!", or because he had "Earned a Rest!"

It looks to me from the replay it was often Bell's direct opponent cleaning up off the defensive side of stoppages, he may have been leaving the accountability part of his game to team mates!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Ps. The poll should read, 'Who were etc, not was!' Sorry, couldn't help myself... if LODS sees it someone will get detention ;) :)

Nah!
If I see it in a thread title I'll probably change it but....
I don't worry too much about spelling and  grammar on here.
When a person is fired up they'll make an occasional blue, and I'm as guilty as anyone.
If we start picking folk up all the time it tends to stifle a contribution.
A 'their' instead of a 'there' or a 'your' instead of a 'you're' is neither here nor there/their/they're. :D
As you get older too you'll fall into a few bad habits...one of the ones I've noticed lately is if I'm writing quickly I'll write 'I'm busty' instead of 'I'm busy'
I'm blaming the close proximity of the letter on the keyboard....but it could be something more sinister :-[ :D

Reply #37
Plenty to choose from.  :(

I love the guy, but Walker had a shocker, I hope he comes back from his 'break' hungry and ready to redeem himself !!!

8 goals kicked by Ports KPF's, Jammo and Watson have to take responsibility for most of those. Not a good day at the office for either of them.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #38
Robbo - He goes in hard for the ball.... SO WHAT!!! Turns it over 80 % of the time... Could ve given us the momentum going into half time, but sprays a shot at an open goal from close range...Will never improve.  Just not  up to it.

Watson - Absolutely toweled up by Westoff and Butcher. Instead of shouting WOOF!! when he got the ball, she should ve shouted Baaahhh!! because he looked like a lost sheep out there...

Both Kreuzer and MInnes have not been the same players since their knee injuries. I remember the days when Kreuz would mark everything in sight and his kicking was so accurate. Now, h is barely a Best 22 player let alone No 1 Draft Pick quality....

Reply #39
Well, CFC had three number 1 draftees out there, a #2 (Walks), a #6 (Yazz), a #11 (eVERITT).....Watson was #18? McLean too a first round draft pick? Daisy (#2 behind Smurf) joins the list this season too.

That's half a side of supposedly elite football talent......

Then there's Simmo (a regular top notch performer) and a few others who can claim to be solid B graders or better on their day e.g. Garlett.

These are the guys that win you games and they just don't produce that winning effort, individually or collectively, often enough. Or stand up when the heat is on.....you know all the cliches!

No point blaming your Tom Bells or Robbos or Jamos - they are the 'extras' or foot soldiers (and heck, Curnow and Ellard had good days...).

Until our guns step UP and produce we are a very ordinary side. Full stop.

On Murphy, I haven't seen the whole game but I thought the bits I saw he made some very bad decisions eg dishIng off to Robbo) who missed etc. a Captain MUST STAND UP.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40
one of the ones I've noticed lately is if I'm writing quickly I'll write 'I'm busty' instead of 'I'm busy'

Have you considered hormone replacement?  :P

Reply #41
Its extremely sad that we need a thread titled R1 Worst on Ground.

If it makes you feel better, i did the 'R1 BEST on ground' first. ;)

...and its not because of how we played...i'm planning on doing that for every round.

At the end of the year, i'll tally up the numbers and post some conclusions. Be interesting to see if either of these threads correlate to the B+F results and the delistings.

Reply #42

Nah!
If I see it in a thread title I'll probably change it but....
I don't worry too much about spelling and  grammar on here.
When a person is fired up they'll make an occasional blue, and I'm as guilty as anyone.
If we start picking folk up all the time it tends to stifle a contribution.
A 'their' instead of a 'there' or a 'your' instead of a 'you're' is neither here nor there/their/they're. :D
As you get older too you'll fall into a few bad habits...one of the ones I've noticed lately is if I'm writing quickly I'll write 'I'm busty' instead of 'I'm busy'
I'm blaming the close proximity of the letter on the keyboard....but it could be something more sinister :-[ :D

Understand completely... was actually tongue in cheek.

Busty? Spent some time at Windy Hill?

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #43
I actually like the 'best on worst on' threads great idea. Something different for once.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!