Skip to main content

Poll

R1 vs Port Adelaide: Who was your top 3, WORST on ground?

1 - Walker
[ 13 ] (9.9%)
2 - Menzel (starting sub)
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
3 - Murphy
[ 0 ] (0%)
4 - Gibbs
[ 0 ] (0%)
6 - Simpson
[ 0 ] (0%)
8 - Kreuzer
[ 23 ] (17.6%)
10 - Watson
[ 12 ] (9.2%)
11 - Warnock
[ 5 ] (3.8%)
12 - Robinson
[ 20 ] (15.3%)
13 - Yarran
[ 0 ] (0%)
14 - McLean
[ 8 ] (6.1%)
23 - Henderson
[ 3 ] (2.3%)
26 - McInness
[ 26 ] (19.8%)
28 - Bell (subbed off)
[ 4 ] (3.1%)
30 - Waite
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
33 - Everitt
[ 0 ] (0%)
35 - Curnow
[ 0 ] (0%)
38 - Garlett
[ 10 ] (7.6%)
39 - Thomas
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
40 - Jamison
[ 1 ] (0.8%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 2 ] (1.5%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 29, 2014, 07:39:02 am

Topic: R1 - WORST on ground (Read 14946 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 - WORST on ground

Reply #45
No point blaming your Tom Bells or Robbos or Jamos - they are the 'extras' or foot soldiers (and heck, Curnow and Ellard had good days...).

Until our guns step UP and produce we are a very ordinary side. Full stop.

On Murphy, I haven't seen the whole game but I thought the bits I saw he made some very bad decisions eg dishIng off to Robbo) who missed etc. a Captain MUST STAND UP.

x2. Some of those blokes including the skipper need to be put in those boxing sessions they have down at the Hawks to teach them some fight.

Reply #46
How about Mick Malthouse?? Surely he could see that Watson on Westhoff was never going to work. Fmd, it's not that complicated.

Reply #47
How about Mick Malthouse?? Surely he could see that Watson on Westhoff was never going to work. Fmd, it's not that complicated.

He coached poorly,  selected the wrong sub and paid little respect to Westhoff and the Port running power.

Reply #48
No point blaming your Tom Bells or Robbos or Jamos - they are the 'extras' or foot soldiers (and heck, Curnow and Ellard had good days...).

Until our guns step UP and produce we are a very ordinary side. Full stop.

On Murphy, I haven't seen the whole game but I thought the bits I saw he made some very bad decisions eg dishIng off to Robbo) who missed etc. a Captain MUST STAND UP.

x2. Some of those blokes including the skipper need to be put in those boxing sessions they have down at the Hawks to teach them some fight.

unfortunately, he's not that sort of leader - he's nice

Reply #49
the issue in defence wasnt the matchup it was how the port forwardline were able to provide seperation for each other and it was Mccinnes losing his opponent for most of the match doing the damage. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #50
Did anyone see when Westhoff was lining up for goal from around 35m in the second quarter and McInnes inexplicably turned his back on play and left his man alone in the pocket before Westhoff had even shot for goal? So Westhoff passes it off for a goal. The guy is just hopeless, would love to have a real defender back there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51

He coached poorly,  selected the wrong sub and paid little respect to Westhoff and the Port running power.

Many scribes noted the same thing but put it differently... that Hinkley coached extremely well and cleverly countered our moves.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17