Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 62694 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #390
Not sure about that... :D
If it wasn't Lynch kicking them someone else would have.

lods, no doubt someone had to be on the end of those F50 entries, but no one as good as Lynch. So yes, I was kidding about us winning, but the greater point is just about having one player that takes us to the cleaners, and not being able to do anything. Happens too often for mine.

The more I think about Lynch's haul of goals, the angrier I get. The prick has only beat up on us (twice), no one else. FFS surely the days of bags like that from flat track bullies are over. Start a fight, niggle at him, do something, anything.

Yes, agree. Double team, triple team, do something.

Reply #391
lods, no doubt someone had to be on the end of those F50 entries, but no one as good as Lynch. So yes, I was kidding about us winning, but the greater point is just about having one player that takes us to the cleaners, and not being able to do anything. Happens too often for mine.

Yes, agree. Double team, triple team, do something.

Did you see or watch the game.....? ffs.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #392
Can someone tell me the four emergencies for the Richmond game?

I am working on a theory that Polson was selected for a period of good work over the preseason and not one game at VFL level.    Slightly left field
I got to this conclusion too.

Left field or not it points that the kids just take for granted they're going to play footy.

It explains why o Shea and mullet are playing straight up too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #393
McKay in, meant Casboult was the full time ruck. McKays potential hitout stats mean nothing.

Its the forwardline (and Charlie) that suffered with the kreuzer out.

Weitering played as the extra tall so he had McKay's role.  

So McKay in for Kruezer makes no sense unless you drop Weitering or play him back.

Reply #394

So McKay in for Kruezer makes no sense unless you drop Weitering or play him back.

Silvagni went out though so it wasn't really an extra tall.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #395
Silvagni went out though so it wasn't really an extra tall.

I think Silvagni plays a little taller than his size as well.

I think dropping Silvagni hasn't helped our situation with Weitering, we cannot keep dropping the kids and blaming them for all our teams sins, they'll end up walking when it's contract renewal time.

If we drop Weitering and Dow this week, between them and Silvagni that could be 50% of our core group for the next decade. I'd expect them along with Cripps, Marchbank and SPS to be among the first picked every week.

Mind you I don't put SoJ in the same league as the others, but it's clear to me he could be our new Earl Spalding.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #396
Surely it's in Dow interests to let him play seconds and get his hands o the pill 20 or so times and get accustomed to the speed...for a few weeks at least.

He surely looks like a deer in headlights in the last 2 games - no shame on the lad if he's not 'ready' just yet....

Heck, he's 18 years old.

Aren't we about winning games this year?

Not going to win picking kids who are off the pace eg Dow, Polson and blokes badly out of touch eg Weiters. (let alone the others playing like 5 y olds)

19 players doesn't get the job done against 22.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #397
Surely it's in Dow interests to let him play seconds and get his hands o the pill 20 or so times and get accustomed to the speed...for a few weeks at least.

He surely looks like a deer in headlights in the last 2 games - no shame on the lad if he's not 'ready' just yet....

Heck, he's 18 years old.

Not going to win picking kids who are off the pace eg Dow, Polson and blokes badly out of touch eg Weiters. (let alone the others playing like 5 y olds)

Are we playing to win games?

It looks to me like we are neither Arthur or Martha!

Is it a result of the BB employment situation?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #398

Heck, he's 18 years old.

It all depends on what standards are being set.

From what I have seen of Polson, he isn't going to make it, yet he has gotten two chances probably on the back of what I hear he does really well which is dedication and commitment.

IMHO where there is smoke there is fire.  Polson got a game I reckon based on dedication and commitment.

We have not been about standards much at Carlton over the last 20 odd years, but this is something that has been prioritised under Bolton.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #399
IMHO where there is smoke there is fire.  Polson got a game I reckon based on dedication and commitment.

We have not been about standards much at Carlton over the last 20 odd years, but this is something that has been prioritised under Bolton.

It could be a 1% thing, and other non-negotiable acts that got Poulson a game.

Ed, Poulson, Cripps and Fisher were top of the tackle counts, each with at least twice as much as the other nearest team-mates.

Cripps is explainable given he's a slow inside mid, he gets to the ball 2nd quite a lot.

Ed obviously a tagger needs no explanation.

But to have the skinnies in Fisher and Poulson well ahead of the rest is great for them, but damning for the rest of the team, at least in my opinion!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #400

Heck, he's 18 years old.

x2

Reply #401
Who is on the CFC Match Committee? (serious question)

1. Bolton
2. Assistant Coaches?
3. Andy McKay?
4. SOS?
5. Sticks?
6. The tea lady?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #402

Heck, he's 18 years old.

Dow did indeed look a bit lost. We need to be careful we don't over-expose him for sure and perhaps he should join Weiters in the 2s for a week or two?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #403
I don't understand why AFL coaches feel the need to take an attacking weapon like Dow and spend the next couple of seasons playing him as a tagger "for his own good!"

Firstly, he doesn't look like the unaccountable one way running type many of our others seem to be, secondly we should have opposition worrying about him not have him worrying about the opposition.

Same applies to Weitering and any other talented newbie. In Weitering's case, we took a talented intercept marking first class ball user and stood him on giants in the goal square. Who's fault is that the opposition, it a choice we make isn't it?

Our kids should not be in the squad just to give the old blokes a holiday! This concept of having the young kids "paying their dues" is just an excuse for recidivist bludgers to take full advantage!

Next time I'll say what I'm really thinking! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #404

No, as MBB pointed out, we also dropped SOSOS.

Weitering played as an extra witches hat. Who was down back for the large portions of the game. So we were short up forward no matter which way you slice it.

Not sure why we need to point this out. It's obvious to all. We had too many tall defenders....and not enough tall forwards / rucks.