Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 61548 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #405
No, as MBB pointed out, we also dropped SOSOS.

Weitering played as an extra witches hat. Who was down back for the large portions of the game. So we were short up forward no matter which way you slice it.

Not sure why we need to point this out. It's obvious to all. We had too many tall defenders....and not enough tall forwards / rucks.

I like Jack.   Nice kid and has a crack but is too under sized to be in the same conversation as McKay.    He is a classic tweener at the moment.   Really needs a massive tank or he is going to struggle for a role at AFL level.   Some talk that he may become an inside mid, but lets kid ourselves and pretend he is a key forward.   Seems obvious to all ;)   Other than me that is.

We could also talk about how Weitering played forward for most of the first 3 quarters kicking a goal in the 3rd, before Jones went into the ruck Levi forward and Weitering back.

We weren't short up forward.   We had at least 2 tall fowards in Curnow/Weitering or Levi.  Very few side are rocking more than 2 tall forwards.

I have said that we needed a ruckman, but options a to f where either crape or injured.

Given how we played McKay would have added very little up forward.

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #406
I like Jack.   Nice kid and has a crack but is too under sized to be in the same conversation as McKay.    He is a classic tweener at the moment.   Really needs a massive tank or he is going to struggle for a role at AFL level.   Some talk that he may become an inside mid, but lets kid ourselves and pretend he is a key forward.   Seems obvious to all ;)   Other than me that is.

We could also talk about how Weitering played forward for most of the first 3 quarters kicking a goal in the 3rd, before Jones went into the ruck Levi forward and Weitering back.

We weren't short up forward.   We had at least 2 tall fowards in Curnow/Weitering or Levi.  Very few side are rocking more than 2 tall forwards.

I have said that we needed a ruckman, but options a to f where either crape or injured.

Given how we played McKay would have added very little up forward.

Its like saying we weren't short in the ruck because we had Casboult there. BS. Our ruck division was compromised without Kreuzer in it.

Our forwardline was compromised without having Casboult in it *shudders*
...and yes Weitering was forward, and the only reason he kicked a goal was because someone tried to take him out. If it wasn't from that brain snap, Weitering would have been goalless. Incidently, that free kick and goal in the 3rd quarter, doubled weiterings possessions to that point. Yep, that was his 2nd possession in 73 minutes of football.
So yes, our forwardline was VERY MUCH compromised without Casboult, SOSOS and WITH Weitering.

McKay would've been hard pressed to add LESS than Weitering up forward.