Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 18421 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #90
It's madness playing Weitering in the VFL.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #92
Thats a weak Essendon team IMO and Worsfold is an average coach when it comes to tactics....

They are a poor contested team, its wet, No Daniher, McGrath will be missed too.....they have a few VFL types in and it wont be pretty football....
Blues by 15, Cripps BOG....

Reply #93
Oops - my bad - I meant Jarrod Garlett.

I think that Garlett shows some promise, the rest of the blokes you named are duds and you could probably throw in a few more, it's no fluke that we've barely fired a shot in 15 years.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #94
Thats a weak Essendon team IMO and Worsfold is an average coach when it comes to tactics.....Blues by 15...........
Im with you EB, we'll smash em.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #95
Did the club say the final test for Murphy is on Friday?

To have been any chance would he have to be named an emergency?

Reply #96
Yep, totally agree... :Lang was good early but did tire. Considering the forecast, glad the club resisted bringing Weitering in. None of the 3 inclusions are slow. Serious question marks over Kennedy... another GWS dud for us, SOS? Please, no.

C'mon Baggers , You're smarter than that. Kennedy hasn't been fit since round 1.
When we signed him I watched several GWS replays from last year. He can play and has heaps of improvement in front of him yet.

Bam Bam will be a big plus for us.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #97
C'mon Baggers , You're smarter than that. Kennedy hasn't been fit since round 1.
When we signed him I watched several GWS replays from last year. He can play and has heaps of improvement in front of him yet.

So far he is more Pop Pop than Bam Bam!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #98
It's going to be won by the team who wants it the most....our blokes should be mighty hungry.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #99
Similar conditions last year when we beat them??

Reply #100

I hope you're right S. So far he's been more "Sister Nancy".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #101
Blues by 15, Cripps BOG....

CheatsFC will probably try and use some sacrificial spud to take him out Carrazzo style!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #102

I pray you're right.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #103
On balance, its one of the best sides we've had this year IMO.

Not sure if i would've dropped both Phillips and Casboult at the same time. If Kreuzer (not 100%) gets (re)injured....what then?

McKay/Curnowfides from the forward line disrupts that.
Jones/Rowe from the backline, disrupts that.

Personally i'd throw Oshea in as the sacrificial lamb and see if we can find a use for him, at present i cannot.

In any event, we've gone for a smaller side, which will suit the conditions on saturday.

If Kreuzer stays fit, this is a very winnable game. Bombers are not going well and i like the setup of this side. Only maybe the 2nd time all year i've been relatively happy pre-game with team balance.

Reply #104
On balance, its one of the best sides we've had this year IMO.

Not sure if i would've dropped both Phillips and Casboult at the same time. If Kreuzer (not 100%) gets (re)injured....what then?

McKay/Curnowfides from the forward line disrupts that.
Jones/Rowe from the backline, disrupts that.

Personally i'd throw Oshea in as the sacrificial lamb and see if we can find a use for him, at present i cannot.

In any event, we've gone for a smaller side, which will suit the conditions on saturday.

If Kreuzer stays fit, this is a very winnable game. Bombers are not going well and i like the setup of this side. Only maybe the 2nd time all year i've been relatively happy pre-game with team balance.

re: OShea, watched him for Port play on the wing and he was BOG that day, his disposal wasnt such an issue like it is when he plays down back. He can get a lot of the ball and that day Port directed
a lot of ball through him. Its his disposal that got him the boot from Port and he doesnt seem to have fixed it at senior level, not sure he will be anything other than backup, I have heard he is very popular with the playing group and a coach favourite as he trains hard and follows instructions well......