Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Perspiration: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 6406 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Perspiration: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #105
Also Reiwoldt doesn't miss, we don't have that reliability in front of goal.

Reply #106
The big problem is between the ears with our blokes.

No belief which leads to panicking and other bad decision making.

Reply #108
Your the best
*You're
;)

As a supporter, we need to keep our expectations in check. It was always going to happen. Doesn't mean the season is a write off. We are simply not in the same class as the Tigers yet.....and it hurts.

Reply #109
2 or 3 junk time goals flattered the Tigers. That was a 2 goal game IMO. I can see improvement compared to this time last year, no doubt.

Reply #110
Plenty of chances to win that but we stuffed at at vital moments. When we're in a position to win I want to be winning those games now, not stuffing them up. Less that 5 min to go Dow should've put us in front. Too many chances pissed down the drain. Margin though did the game no justice.

Reply #111
How much would have Williams and Martin added today - heaps!

LOB - you've lost me. SPS - not far behind.

Totally agree. Williams would have been worth his weight in gold against Shai freaking Bolton.

Reply #112
How come Jones got the deliberate but Nankervis didn’t? That was a 12 point mistake.

Fly over casboult, no free.  Walsh flies, in the back free to them.

Tigers are arrogant little craps and I look forward to them imploding, hopefully soon. 

Reply #113
Another year same old story

Reply #114
A few players also need to look at their attack on the footy... Setterfield put the brakes on when he should have gone harder and Reiwoldt let him know... Needs to watch Walsh and see what's required.
LOB and Dow just make mistakes at the wrong time... Jones and Docherty were wobbly down back.

Reply #115
*You're
;)

As a supporter, we need to keep our expectations in check. It was always going to happen. Doesn't mean the season is a write off. We are simply not in the same class as the Tigers yet.....and it hurts.

I totally disagree. The whole club seems to accept that we'll be beaten by them. We could have won tonight quite easily if we'd had the self belief.

We had the team to beat them even with 10 injuries.

Reply #116
2 or 3 junk time goals flattered the Tigers. That was a 2 goal game IMO. I can see improvement compared to this time last year, no doubt.

Totally agree Paul ... with a full side, we would / could have pinched it.  I saw a lot of fight out there. 

Reply #117
I totally disagree. The whole club seems to accept that we'll be beaten by them. We could have won tonight quite easily if we'd had the self belief.

We had the team to beat them even with 10 injuries.

No. Nobody accepts that we'll be beaten by them out there. They tried their butts off...I knew they would. The difference is they are a great side and do what's required to win the game. They do it all the time.

We can give ourselves a pat on the back and an encouragement award, but reality is they are just better than us.

Reply #118
No. Nobody accepts that we'll be beaten by them out there. They tried their butts off...I knew they would. The difference is they are a great side and do what's required to win the game. They do it all the time.

We can give ourselves a pat on the back and an encouragement award, but reality is they are just better than us.
True words. A lot of teams have been beaten by the tigers the last 4 years. Just our bad luck we play them in the first round.

Reply #119
How come Jones got the deliberate but Nankervis didn’t? That was a 12 point mistake.

Fly over casboult, no free.  Walsh flies, in the back free to them.

Tigers are arrogant little craps and I look forward to them imploding, hopefully soon. 
Not quite 12 points - Rioli missed.

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?