Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton B & F (Read 30531 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton B & F

Reply #90
Without being privy to the voting criteria I remain a touch sceptical about some of the players that filled out the top 10, but other than Curnow I don't see who really missed out.  I reckon Docherty had an encouraging year but top 10 BnF is a stretch, ditto Thomas.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #91
Without being privy to the voting criteria I remain a touch sceptical about some of the players that filled out the top 10, but other than Curnow I don't see who really missed out.  I reckon Docherty had an encouraging year but top 10 BnF is a stretch, ditto Thomas.

That's the thing, we're not privy to the roles players are given so it's difficult for us to judge whether a player did their job well.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #92
* Being cute, with 18 guys on the paddock, being in the top ten means best half!
Still, I loved the results.
* Can I dare ask why it took so many years to play BryceG in the midfield?  Or did it not make sense to stick SamR down back?
Do we take too long to rely on the obvious?
*Great move to fit Casboult in as the second ruckman/forward !
*Hey our best first year player only got very late games! we wonder why not earlier?

Reply #93
Good to see all three of the players we traded in last summer finishing top 10 in the B&F, we might be finally starting to get things right.
Congrats to Bryce Gibbs, he had an outstanding season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #94
It's interesting to compare the CSC B&F with CFC's version:
   CFC               CSC
1 - Gibbs       Gibbs
2 - Murphy    Murphy
3 - Simpson    Simpson
4 - Yarran       Judd
5 - Rowe       Yarran
6 - Jamison    Curnow
7 - Judd        Waite
7 - Everitt       Henderson
9 - Docherty    Everitt
10 – Thomas   Menzel

Curnow missing out and Thomas making tenth are the major differences . . . and I reckon our results better reflect reality.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #95
^^

Rowe and Jamison speak differently.

Those two have done their job each week, but the amount of ball coming into defensive fifty too easily meant that we got scored against heavily at times.

I cant really think of an individual forward that monstored our defense all season aside from Buddy and Hawkins.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #96
Good point Thry, and perhaps that's where the CFC B&F process better reflects how well players perform their roles.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
Blaine Johnson picked up votes!! 

Reply #98
^^

Rowe and Jamison speak differently.

Those two have done their job each week, but the amount of ball coming into defensive fifty too easily meant that we got scored against heavily at times.

I cant really think of an individual forward that monstored our defense all season aside from Buddy and Hawkins.

Also clubs go into depth when they review defender's performances. They don't say Buddy kicked 7, Jamison was on him he played crap. They look at how each goal occurred and if Jamison was at fault or not.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!