Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult To Play As A Permanent Ruckman  (Read 10355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Casboult To Play As A Permanent Ruckman

Reply #15
Have we all forgotten about Wood, who performed pretty well I thought? Currently he would still be our no. 1 ruckman, everyone else would have to earn that spot at the moment.
And the way we are all talking, there is no place for 206, so if that is the case then he should be traded, BUT, there may be still more to play out in Krooze's injury ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #16
Club have invested in Kruezer and would also be unwilling to suggest he is a bust as a player and will play him ahead of Wood....the latter is nice backup but had his moments late in the season where his lack of nous hurt us.
Warnock is now the odd man out and should be traded and we need a rookie ruck to have on slow heat as backup...

Reply #17
Surely we are talking to Clubs about Trading Warnock !!!!
He is a good tap ruckman and that is where it finishes.
Kreuzer,Wood and Casboult all give more.
Lets get what we can for Warnock and recruit a Ruckman in the Draft to Develop and use the pick to get some polished youth into the system.

Reply #18
Surely we are talking to Clubs about Trading Warnock !!!!
He is a good tap ruckman and that is where it finishes.
Kreuzer,Wood and Casboult all give more.
Lets get what we can for Warnock and recruit a Ruckman in the Draft to Develop and use the pick to get some polished youth into the system.

That genius Rodgers has declared that sides should have 4 ruckmen these day so it would appear 206 aint goin' anywhere.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
Who said Warnock isn't on the table??
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #20
That genius Rodgers has declared that sides should have 4 ruckmen these day so it would appear 206 aint goin' anywhere.

So that was a waste of three years!

Our club and many supporters seem to think ruckmen are categorised by centimeters.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Actually Wood and Casboult together gave us one of the better combinations we've had for quite a while. Both are so useful around the ground and can kick goals.

Reply #22

Our club and many supporters seem to think ruckmen are categorised by centimeters.

I've learned lots of cms are almost useless. You're predicable to the opposition as they know you'll win the tapouts hence they rove to you. Sandliands is huge, wins near every tapout but Freo very often lose the clearance count. We did better when Wood came into the side. While we had less hitouts we had more clearances and many more marks around the ground.

Reply #23
Warlock was on the table all right.
No one except Sydney was interested.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #24

I've learned lots of cms are almost useless. You're predicable to the opposition as they know you'll win the tapouts hence they rove to you. Sandliands is huge, wins near every tapout but Freo very often lose the clearance

count. We did better when Wood came into the side. While we had less hitouts we had more clearances and many more marks around the ground.

Agree Ryder is only 196cm......sure he has a big leap but I'd rather his extra skill level around the ground, ability to play more than one position than a few extra hitout stats..

Reply #25

I've learned lots of cms are almost useless. You're predicable to the opposition as they know you'll win the tapouts hence they rove to you. Sandliands is huge, wins near every tapout but Freo very often lose the clearance

count. We did better when Wood came into the side. While we had less hitouts we had more clearances and many more marks around the ground.

Agree Ryder is only 196cm......sure he has a big leap but I'd rather his extra skill level around the ground, ability to play more than one position than a few extra hitout stats..
100% agree EB. Kreuzer if fit and firing plays no.1 with Casboult 2nd as we desperately need his marking in the side. Wood is a decent backup and Warnock shouldn't be played unless desperate, we are basically a man down with him on the ground.

Reply #26
No need to play Casboult as permanent ruck unless injuries force us to IMO. I'm optimistic that he'll get better next year in the fwd/2nd ruck role where he could become a very big handful for opposition defences. I think he was definitely getting better in 2014 although he did tire toward the end. Hopefully he'll be fitter next year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
Kreuzer will have a stellar year this year, because he is a free agent at the end of it!
The Force Awakens!