Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy '15 (Read 6193 times) previous topic - next topic

Daisy '15

We need a big year from him otherwise the deal is effectively borked and we were done over.

Is the ankle okay and where does he take the field? I'm not particularly thrilled at the idea of his going off the HBF.

Re: Daisy '15

Reply #1
Big year is an understatement. At his price he needs to be winning a few games off his own boot......problem being he's not that type of player. I already think the deal is borked and we were bent over. When your CEO at the time and coach both consider the player to be family it's not hard to see what's happened here. Conflict of interest has well and truly won through in this instance.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
I have a globe trotting Collingwood mate who sent me an SMS two weeks ago saying Daisy had been seen OS limping heavily while on holiday!

He could be winding me up, it could be unrelated to his foot issues, but there is also a legitimate chance of it being true!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Big year is an understatement. At his price he needs to be winning a few games off his own boot......problem being he's not that type of player. I already think the deal is borked and we were bent over. When your CEO at the time and coach both consider the player to be family it's not hard to see what's happened here. Conflict of interest has well and truly won through in this instance.

X2

Reply #4
I thought his season last year was pretty typical of a guy coming off no preseason.

Pretty slow to start off but pretty steady rate of improvement towards the end.

I cut him more slack than most because I think he's a pretty good kick and goes in really hard at the ball/tackle. 2 things which should be a minimum for all our players but somehow seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

I agree though - will be a big year for him - particularly re. injuries.

Reply #5
If he can't kick more than 30m by Round 1 then I will happily sub myself in for him...

Reply #6
This will be his first full preseason for 3 years. Should see enough natural improvement from that alone.

Reply #7

X2

x3..

Didnt earn his money last season all be it he had injury issues and I would be wanting a better effort his season and not off a half back flank either....

Reply #8
X 4, he has had his gap year time for acid to be poured on.  Needs to average 20 disposals a game, and chime in with about 20 goals for the year IMHO.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9

X2

x3..

Didnt earn his money last season all be it he had injury issues and I would be wanting a better effort his season and not off a half back flank either....

x5 if Daisy does not deliver next season it might spell serious trouble for MM...

Reply #10
Daisy was at Flemington with No3 and No4.  Looking pretty fit, moving with no problem and said he was fitter than he'd been for 5 years....and no excuses.

He's a pro, he would have hated having to play half baked last year and will be keen to prove the critics wrong.  He'll be like a new recruit............

Reply #11
If he can get over his ankle injuries, which he looked to be doing before he sprained his knee, then we could have a top 10 player in the league on our hands.

Everybody on here knows and sometimes talks about the need to pay overs to get a good player out of his club, that's what we did. It was a calculated risk by those who know just how good he can be on and off the ground.

It's the pre season, if you can't be optimistic about a Carlton's player chance for next season then when can you be?

I believe that Liam Jones will flourish playing beside genuine key position players and will be a 40-50 goals kicker.

I believe that Matty Kruezer will come back and dominate this year, clearing the way for our mids in the middle.

I believe that Jacksh will remind everyone of Glenn Maton with his third up efforts and genuine athletic ability.

I believe that Mark Whiley will make everyone quickly forget about Mitch Robinson, being as hard but better will the ball.

I believe that Jason Tutt will give exciting outside run and fulfill his potential for the draft.

I believe that Matt Dick will be that small defender we have been missing since Hoggy.

I believe that after a year in defence, that MM will release Buckley up forward to add speed, defensive pressure and a bit of agro.

I believe that whoever we pick up at 19 will be the steal of the draft and number 7 turns out a bust (along with all Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond picks)

I believe that we will finish top 4 and rip shreds off all our rivals beating Essendon by 100 points the first game after their players get sanctioned. Then Mark Robinson wriyes in the paper how unfair the penalty was and how Hird should not be judged on his coaching this season as he doesn't have the cattle.

Isn't that what a supporter is all about, the promise and belief that my team will do great things next season?

Reply #12
Geez, a lot of high expectations in here. Mostly because of the coin Daisy is on.

But what else were the club going to do with the coin?
Offer Everitt or Docherty a larger contract?!
Don't anyone dare suggest more coin would have kept Betts at the club.

Coming off his injury, I thought Thomas had a pretty good year last year, 17 odd games and towards the end of the year his possession count was getting up to where I would expect it to be.

I am expecting improvement this year, but he is never going to be Judd Mach II. Quality not style.

The way some people are talking, you would think that they'll be disappointed if he doesn't win our B&F, AA selection, and the Coleman medal !!  ::)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #13
I can't believe you're advocating throwing away coin to fill up the salary cap??
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #14

The way some people are talking, you would think that they'll be disappointed if he doesn't win our B&F, AA selection, and the Coleman medal !!  ::)

Maybe not the Coleman but I expect him to challenge for both the b&f and AA selection. I don't believe that is too much to ask for. if this year's b&f is any indication, just turning up and not getting worst on ground should get him a top 5 finish.