Skip to main content
Topic: You've been ROBBO'd (Read 45669 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: You've been ROBBO'd

Reply #30
Wo, wo, wo... Murph may not be Skipper material (though is growing into the role) but to suggest he is a poor leader is unfair and going too far.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
@Thry

Refer to my original post, the question is, considering Marc Murphy isn't leadership material, should he be influencing decisions at the club?

One of these days the club will learn that we have appointed a person into a role, and that person will do the role to the best of their ability, and not allowing them to do it will simply result in setting people up to fail, rather than succeeding under their own steam or failing on the back of whatever poor decision they make.

We also prevent Murphy from learning from an error he may have made, and therefore stunt his developement as a leader.

Making mistakes in order to learn a lesson is okay.  Repeatedly making the same mistakes and failing to learn your lesson is not.

Our club is guilty of this, and I fear is doomed to continue making mistakes until it learns that replacing people is not the only way to improve.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
I think we should employ Dank and take the above approach  ;)

Reply #33
One of these days the club will learn that we have appointed a person into a role, and that person will do the role to the best of their ability, and not allowing them to do it will simply result in setting people up to fail, rather than succeeding under their own steam or failing on the back of whatever poor decision they make.

We also prevent Murphy from learning from an error he may have made, and therefore stunt his developement as a leader.

Making mistakes in order to learn a lesson is okay.  Repeatedly making the same mistakes and failing to learn your lesson is not.

Our club is guilty of this, and I fear is doomed to continue making mistakes until it learns that replacing people is not the only way to improve.

Kruddler said we should learn off the better clubs..ok ...ie .Hawks replaced Mitchell with Hodge and went from good to great, I think Murphy should step down with some grace and we appoint a new captain and let Murphy concentrate on his football and get back to being an A grade player....its hasnt worked and no one will think anything less of Murphy if he abdicates the role.

Reply #34
Kruddler said we should learn off the better clubs..ok ...ie .Hawks replaced Mitchell with Hodge and went from good to great, I think Murphy should step down with some grace and we appoint a new captain and let Murphy concentrate on his football and get back to being an A grade player....its hasnt worked and no one will think anything less of Murphy if he abdicates the role.

No offense EB1, but the Dawks success was gifted by the AFL.

Outside of GWS no other club in AFL history has had such a run of charitable assistance from the AFL. When Fitzroy hit the skids the AFL gave them the bum rush, the Demons got nada, Sth Melbourne had to become Sydney to scrape out a living. The Dawks got a stadium, it's surrounding suburbs and a whole state gifted to them!

Further, they gave the Dawks priority picks in the same seasons we were banned form the draft, effectively they got an extra 2 or 3 equivalent first round picks in that period!

We won't ever get that sort of assistance, and nobody should! The Dawks are the monster the AFL created, the next one is GWS!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35

Our problem is, that if we had Mitchell, he would be head and shoulders a better leader than Murphy.

Our next issue is, that there may very well be daylight between Murphy and our next best option.

I have no qualms with replacing Murphy, but sometimes a Captain has to create a legacy, rather than simply get in, and do the job, and unfortunately our lack of developement of people has left us with few options aside from Murphy.  Few that can get on the park and do a job week in and week out anyway.

Paul Hewson

Reply #36
If Dylan plays I hope he stays clear of Robbo!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Our problem is, that if we had Mitchell, he would be head and shoulders a better leader than Murphy.

Our next issue is, that there may very well be daylight between Murphy and our next best option.

I have no qualms with replacing Murphy, but sometimes a Captain has to create a legacy, rather than simply get in, and do the job, and unfortunately our lack of developement of people has left us with few options aside from Murphy.  Few that can get on the park and do a job week in and week out anyway.

Can't argue too much with that, no one younger than Murph stands out as captain material ATM.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
Wo, wo, wo... Murph may not be Skipper material (though is growing into the role) but to suggest he is a poor leader is unfair and going too far.

He was growing into the role last year, it seems to have stopped IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #39
Can't argue too much with that, no one younger than Murph stands out as captain material ATM.

Hopefully Cripps is the one.

Seems like a good young lad, who took the initiative to learn off his own bat.

Im dissapointed that Gibbs hasnt asserted himself as a leader.

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
Hopefully Cripps is the one.

Seems like a good young lad, who took the initiative to learn off his own bat.

Im dissapointed that Gibbs hasnt asserted himself as a leader.

x2 Cripps...and watch out for Rookie Brad Walsh if he can make it through to the senior list as he was captain of the WA U18 team
but both are long term options and there isnt much in the short term.
Kruezer if he could ever get fit and stay on the park might be one.....
The other option s I have discussed before is the Nick Maxwell/Tom Harley scenario where a average player but respected team man in Simon White
gets given the job....

Reply #41
In keeping with Shadesy's terrific early post match pre-game summary from Perth, sorry but I'm going early on this one!

You just know it's going to happen!

Was poor little Boek in the end.

Reply #42
x2 Cripps...and watch out for Rookie Brad Walsh if he can make it through to the senior list as he was captain of the WA U18 team
but both are long term options and there isnt much in the short term.
Kruezer if he could ever get fit and stay on the park might be one.....
The other option s I have discussed before is the Nick Maxwell/Tom Harley scenario where a average player but respected team man in Simon White
gets given the job....

This is a great post.

Crippa is the obvious option,

I don't mind the idea of White. Works his %!%! off and we have missed him.

Heard a good deal about Fields and it does sound like he is going pretty well in the 2's??
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #43
So apparently Rory Sloane got a facial fracture today against the lions, yup....robbo got him.

Went looking for this thread and a Rory Sloane photo to go with it....found this and thought it would be apt. ;)

Reply #44
So now that MM has gone can we get back Robbo ala Justin Murphy style? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come